November 19, 2017, 05:43:29 AM

Author Topic: This season.  (Read 1841 times)

December 14, 2009, 03:06:02 AM
Read 1841 times

chang

What is peoples veiw on the rest of this season?

Do fans want Jags, Arteta and co back ASAP to hopefully salvage something, bearing in mind from the experience of Yaks slow return to form, or would we be better off looking a bit more long term and write off this season for what it is, and look to bring back all the long term injured guys for the start of 2010 / 11 season with an addition or two ?

It would be devastating if anyone got injured again if in effect playing for nothing ?

deCoubertin

December 14, 2009, 03:09:15 AM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I would like to see us win a cup if we can. There is still things to play for, but in reality I'm looking ahead to the next season where we will hopefully be able to have more luck on the injury front.

"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 14, 2009, 03:11:57 AM
Reply #2

Gash

Global Moderator
A cup win would be brilliant. As for the league, anything in the top 8 will be an achievement, given our poor start.

December 14, 2009, 03:12:57 AM
Reply #3

DannyR

Next season im looking for. but we should give a go at winning a cup to shush the shite up :P and i think the we need jags and arteta back. make their be battles for spot in the team. and that will make the players play for the shirt and we will get together and show where the 5th best team in england
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

December 14, 2009, 03:21:26 AM
Reply #4

blue for you

The one thing we have to do this season is get saha on a new contract and quick. he has been the best out of this season so far, plus i think fellaini is coming into form now . still think europa cup is there to be won plus another fa cup run have a handy 3 round draw at goodison park .

December 14, 2009, 03:27:02 AM
Reply #5

DannyR

The one thing we have to do this season is get saha on a new contract and quick. he has been the best out of this season so far, plus i think fellaini is coming into form now . still think europa cup is there to be won plus another fa cup run have a handy 3 round draw at goodison park .

also pienaar i think he only has 18 months and the world cup coming up bigger teams will want to snap him up
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

December 14, 2009, 03:36:08 AM
Reply #6

Thom

Administrator
There's still a bit to play for. I can't see us winning anything, but good runs in the FA Cup and Europa League will certainly increase awareness of the club as a whole.

As for the league, we need to finished as high as possible. The extra 500,000 for every place will be much needed for us, and potential signings will see our league placing as an indicator as to how good we are. Anywhere in the top 8 would be very good; any higher and we've got to be made up.