December 14, 2017, 09:59:33 AM

Author Topic: Distin/Yakubu etc.  (Read 4911 times)

February 17, 2010, 04:49:21 AM
Reply #15

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I would go wih Ossie MOM too. I give him plenty of stick but the last 2 games he has done really well. The Arteta/Osman partnership is pretty solid it seems. People forget that this is Arteta's 3rd game after being out for a year and our midfiled dominated. Arteta has been very good since coming back
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

deCoubertin

February 17, 2010, 04:56:18 AM
Reply #16

KevtheRat

Yobo did ok but his distribution is awful

February 17, 2010, 05:07:09 AM
Reply #17

AidyEFC9

I don't think anyone stood out tonight to be honest, alot of people are saying Baines did well, Cahill MOM, Yobo was outstanding but Baines for me wasn't all that, he got forward well but defensively he was shit, never got close to anyone.

Cahill apart from setting Pienaar up didn't do much IMO either, yeah he works hard but when we attack and he gets the ball to feet, he always slows the play down by taking one touch too many, he doesn't do the one touch stuff or the give and goes that keeps the momentum up and its starting to frustrate me a little.

And Yobo for me was steady but nothing more, at times in the game when he was on the ball he took so long and was so slow you'd of thought it was a stroll in the park and a nothing game he was playing in with his mates!.

No one really stood out for me but I'd say Osman probably just shades MOM for me.

February 17, 2010, 05:07:34 AM
Reply #18

Haile GAZrselassie

just got in myself.

agree with the vast majority of what has been said. ossie was excellent, pienaar 1st half very good, faded in the 2nd. distin is a player i like as he IS a ball playing defender. but tonight i thought he'd morphed into a hybrid of david unsworth and tony hibbert the amount of time he hoofed it forward.

one other point as well. thought donovan was dissipointing tonight. save one good run in the 2nd half that drew a foul he was very quiet. perhaps the games are catching up with him now.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

February 17, 2010, 08:15:28 AM
Reply #19

Синий русский язык

Baines motm

February 17, 2010, 09:10:04 AM
Reply #20

nomorechang

RIP
Bainsey , Ossie and Cahill were very good tonight , Joey Yobo had possibly his best game this season , the Yak looked very lively when he came on and Phil Neville was absolute crap ...MOM  for me Bainsey
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

February 17, 2010, 01:47:55 PM
Reply #21

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Osman was my MOTM and it was good to see the Yak look a 'bit' better lol.
agree with this ... but also agree with rimbo .. yobo played very well.... Sure Moyes will staat with him against united  strong in the air and fast   not a combination we are used to with cb's at everton

February 17, 2010, 01:57:26 PM
Reply #22

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Yobo did ok but his distribution is awful
well our second goal came from a yobo long ball (if it came from Heitinga you would probably have  :hail:)  if you did watch the game you would see yobo looking around before deciding playing the long ball straight to an everton player (Saha) ......  how many bad passes did you notice yesterday ?????
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 02:05:05 PM by Polledreng »

February 17, 2010, 02:38:48 PM
Reply #23

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I thought Yobo was solid.  Unspectacular but that is often the sign of a good centre back performance.  It was a decent team performance all told and it is always nicer to be talking about which of several you would call MOTM rather than going on about them all being shit.

Baines just shaded Osman and Cahill for me.

February 17, 2010, 02:58:23 PM
Reply #24

}-m-a-c-c-a-{

Baines was man of the match for me played well when he got the ball.

Distin was poor all game, glad he scored but felt sly that Rodwells shit and stupid pass lead to his sending off.

Sorry to be Mr. Negativity but I didn't enjoy myself last night! The game was poor and the atmosphere was the weired kick off time didn't help either!

Hopefully we'll get the away win. COYB!
“There is something magical about this club that captures you the minute you step into Goodison – and it doesn’t let you go.”

February 17, 2010, 03:11:30 PM
Reply #25

Murf666

I probably would have made Ossie MOTM too, thought he had a great game.

Totally agree.  I think Yobo and Distin did okay too, to be honest.  Baines did play very well, as did Pienaar.

Donovan and Yakubu were atrocious.
There's nobody better than Murf667, she's the best little Evertonian I know!
As for you, Murf 668, your Everton shirt can hardly wait.

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.  Checkmate!

February 17, 2010, 03:22:43 PM
Reply #26

KevtheRat

well our second goal came from a yobo long ball (if it came from Heitinga you would probably have  :hail:)  if you did watch the game you would see yobo looking around before deciding playing the long ball straight to an everton player (Saha) ......  how many bad passes did you notice yesterday ?????

Its not a case of how many bad passes, my point is that 99% of his passes are simply just a lofted pass forward. Dont get me wrong, he had a good game and his pace at the back is invaluable.

February 17, 2010, 03:44:59 PM
Reply #27

Fellaini25

I agree and disagree with a lot of people in this thread.

I thought Distin was ok before Sporting's goal but he was very shakey in parts of the game, I remember he went flying into some tackle when he didn't have to. Someone has said the Yak was terrible which I totally disagree with. He didn't score or set up a goal but he came on and did do well. He had a brilliant chance which the keeper saved and had some brilliant link up play with Saha. It was a good 20 minutes or so by the Yak and he looked sharp. Donovan wasn't in the game much but he did do a few good things throughout the game and he wasn't really seeing any of the ball. I think Cahill has been fantastic in the past two games and done very well yesterday and he will be missed against United if he is out. Osman again was very good, he has improved a lot since moving back into central midfield and is much much more effective there than on the wing.

Finally, I am delighted with Yobo's performance. He was solid at the back and we needed his pace at the back which proved very useful. After the match yesterday I thought he done ok but I watched it back yesterday and he done really well. I can't understand the people who are saying his distribution was awful in the game. He didn't actually play many long balls yesterday and the ones he did actually went to the player.

February 17, 2010, 04:59:59 PM
Reply #28

123_efc

Baines was my MoM, got to be Ashley Coles backup/replacement for the world cup with performances like that
I miss Denis Stracqualursi

February 17, 2010, 05:12:21 PM
Reply #29

jmag85

Yobo had a good game yesterday. Distin was poor, both are uncomfortable on the ball. Distin got caught out a few times and if it wasn't for Yobo's good covering play Sporting could of caused a few problems especially in first half. I thought Arteta had a very good 2nd half, started to get more involved in the game and put in a very good shift considering it was only his 2nd start in 1 year, was very impressed. Osman was brilliant today, he really suits the European style of football, was definately my MOM. Baines had an ok game, I'm not a fan of his tbh. His positional sense and actual defending is poor. I like an attacking full back but Baines leaves a big gap whenever he get's forward, personally I think he should just concentrating on defending more, but that's just my opinion. Overall though was a good solid performance but unfortunately 2 silly mistakes in the last 5 minutes could possibly cost us when really we should have had the tie dead and buried.