August 21, 2017, 04:18:11 AM

Author Topic: Dr Everton  (Read 1838 times)

March 22, 2017, 02:25:40 AM
Read 1838 times

Simon Paul

Administrator
http://toffeeweb.com/season/16-17/comment/editorial/34656.html

a great interview with his good lady wife, Elizabeth on Toffeeweb

as most of you will know, I've grown very close to David over the last 8 or 9 years, and when we went to London together for the Alex Young DVD preview he told me that I was like the son he never had.  Except I was cheaper as I didn't want to go to college.

his ill health has meant that our trip to London was probably the last time I will see him as his doctor has said he is not to travel anymore.

he has done a huge amount for both me as a person and NSNO as a website, not least with his incredible support for the fanzines we publish.  I think it would be great to send him some "get well" messages from us all.

deCoubertin

March 22, 2017, 03:02:16 AM
Reply #1

Gash

Global Moderator
Decent read that.

Good health to him. He's a lucky man, a wife with a sense of humour and knows her onions when it comes to Everton. :)

March 22, 2017, 05:33:52 AM
Reply #2

stirlingblue

It was great to meet him on that London trip that you did (and yourself). He came across as such a passionate guy and had some great stories about the club.

The best thing I could say is that I was out tonight with a close friend who's a United fan who lives in Salford but works in London through the week. I took him along to that night and he always talks about how Everton seem to still have that sense of identity/family/community that United lost in the mid 00s.

People like David and yourself are the real core of that feeling

March 22, 2017, 02:29:36 PM
Reply #3

Bingham Boy

I'm honoured to say I've spoke to him a couple of times, hope he pulls through.

March 22, 2017, 10:23:08 PM
Reply #4

bacon sarnie

Great interview that. Good luck/health to the good Doctor and his marvelous missus.

March 23, 2017, 01:52:31 AM
Reply #5

eyesalwaysblue

Lovely read thanks....
I still despise Clive Thomas..

March 23, 2017, 03:01:34 AM
Reply #6

blob

yeah, get well soon, doc   :hail:

March 23, 2017, 12:45:56 PM
Reply #7

Toddacelli

Best wishes for good health x

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 24, 2017, 07:11:00 AM
Reply #8

Tony Clifton

Good read, good people.  Get well Dr Everton.

March 24, 2017, 06:46:24 PM
Reply #9

DannyR

Great read, hope dr Everton gets well soon. Glad I met him in London
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

March 27, 2017, 01:07:23 AM
Reply #10

BlueForYou

Get well soon, Doc

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

April 03, 2017, 09:47:20 AM
Reply #11

Thomas

A gent - I remember being a keen part time (paid too!) editor of the Everton section of 'vitalfootball.co.uk' and during his unveiling of his collection he had to leave soon so had to KB a lot of those who wanted an interview with him (including Bluekipper who where not happy and being cocky as usual) but as I was only 18 he let me tape record our chat as I seemed 'young and keen'. Sadly I've lost the recording but not the memories. @Simon Paul

April 12, 2017, 11:58:26 PM
Reply #12

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Enjoyed reading that. Loved the bit about there's not enough money in the world to persuade him to do that stupid American TV idea.

What about the hint at further Russian money and Chinese investment aswell?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers: