May 26, 2018, 06:59:28 PM

Author Topic: Bournemouth v Everton  (Read 16293 times)

December 28, 2017, 02:30:24 AM
Reply #15

GrantyBoy78

Pickford
          Kenny Holgate Gibson Martina
               Schneiderlin Baningime
                         Sigurdsson
                    Vlasic DCL Bolasie

Robles, Williams, Jagielka, Davies, Lennon, Lookman, Niasse

I reckon we would win 3-0 with that side
Itís Christmas mate, Gibbo will be pissed somewhere up Sunderland way.

December 28, 2017, 02:36:31 AM
Reply #16

KoemansNumberTens

It's nothing to do with being biased, if you think drawing away to the team third bottom of the league ten points behind our poor start is a "more than decent result" then you really do have pathetic ambitions.

Nothing to do with ambitions. I have ambitions to be better them ambitions don't magic up a premier league quality striker, a genuine playmaker or an offensive fit premier league quality winger though. Last I looked we were over 2to1 to win this game. 1 in 3 chance and people are demanding a win like it's unthinkable we won't.

December 28, 2017, 02:39:14 AM
Reply #17

Alanvideo

What can be easier than a team who hasn't won for 17 games and who are by all accounts, useless?
...................WBA are clearly not useless ,they got a point at Anfield without being gifted a penalty and they had several chances to score against us. Bournemouth play a more open style of football and should be easier to break down. Hence my opinion this will be a slightly easier game .
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 28, 2017, 02:41:41 AM
Reply #18

Gash

Global Moderator
Nothing to do with ambitions. I have ambitions to be better them ambitions don't magic up a premier league quality striker, a genuine playmaker or an offensive fit premier league quality winger though. Last I looked we were over 2to1 to win this game. 1 in 3 chance and people are demanding a win like it's unthinkable we won't.

No one's demanding a win or saying it's unthinkable that we won't.

Drawing at Bournemouth isn't a "more than decent result" though.

December 28, 2017, 02:42:34 AM
Reply #19

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Considering we haven't beaten a single team above 10th this season, this is a definite must win.

I can almost justify the poor WBA result as Boxing Day blues, those games are always hard after Xmas Day, but we should be able to dispatch Bournemouth reasonably simply. They're quite an open team. Even long ball should get some kind of result.

However, I expect we'll have less possession and struggle to score.

As @gash said, the ship has been steadied, now it's time to ask more of the players.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

December 28, 2017, 02:43:18 AM
Reply #20

Bluedylan

We're probably 2/1 because the bookies noticed we didn't have a shot at goal until injury time, against a team in 19th, who haven't won any Prem game since mid August.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 28, 2017, 02:47:12 AM
Reply #21

KoemansNumberTens

No one's demanding a win or saying it's unthinkable that we won't.

Drawing at Bournemouth isn't a "more than decent result" though.

It is for where we are. Obviously not for where we want to be but where we are makes Bournemouth favourites.

December 28, 2017, 02:47:46 AM
Reply #22

KoemansNumberTens

We're probably 2/1 because the bookies noticed we didn't have a shot at goal until injury time, against a team in 19th, who haven't won any Prem game since mid August.

Were over 2to1 for that game too.

December 28, 2017, 02:48:05 AM
Reply #23

Gash

Global Moderator
It is for where we are.

No honestly, it isn't. Regardless of what the bookies say.

December 28, 2017, 02:48:49 AM
Reply #24

Bluedylan

Were over 2to1 for that game too.

Seems they know Allardyce rather well

December 28, 2017, 02:50:10 AM
Reply #25

KoemansNumberTens

No honestly, it isn't. Regardless of what the bookies say.

Go get rich then. If they are wrong go make some money. I'd imagine Bournemouths home record is a hell of a lot better than our away record though.

December 28, 2017, 02:50:39 AM
Reply #26

Macca77

A couple of actual attempts on goal would be nice, the west brom performance was unacceptable, proper shithouse tactics against a struggling team is just ridiculous

December 28, 2017, 02:51:03 AM
Reply #27

KoemansNumberTens

Seems they know Allardyce rather well

We've won 2 away games in a year. Half of which was under allardyce. Yeah our problem is definitely him

December 28, 2017, 02:52:18 AM
Reply #28

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Eight games ago a draw would have been a good result. Now it won't be and to demonstrate progress we need to show some decent passages of play alongside a win ideally

December 28, 2017, 02:56:12 AM
Reply #29

Bluedylan

We've won 2 away games in a year. Half of which was under allardyce. Yeah our problem is definitely him

Mate we've got Utd, the RS etc coming up, and you're going to be arguing that we'll do brilliantly to get anything at all out of those games and you will be right and people will agree with you.

But don't try to sell us that shite against 18th and 19th in the league. It doesn't wash.