August 16, 2018, 10:26:53 PM

Author Topic: Everton v West Brom  (Read 17073 times)

January 17, 2018, 09:25:14 PM
Reply #120

sam of the south

As Blargs is quite fond of responding on my behalf, let me respond to his, my guess is that he means we would win 9-0 if we put all 18 in the side, so who would you have on the bench 😀

Oh yes, I realised, @Escla, thank you, though ;)
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 18, 2018, 12:09:32 AM
Reply #121

Shogun

Administrator
Really don't understand the hype over Vlasic

Heís done well enough when heís played to deserve a run in the side. I think youíd see him turn into a real asset if played consistently but being in and out of the side does him no favours.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 18, 2018, 12:55:03 AM
Reply #122

BlueForYou

No hype - gifted footballer

Walcott had hype - with no gift
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 01:00:40 AM by BlueForYou »
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

January 18, 2018, 03:25:32 AM
Reply #123

Heisenberg

Heís done well enough when heís played to deserve a run in the side. I think youíd see him turn into a real asset if played consistently but being in and out of the side does him no favours.

Definitely. Id loan him to a decent european league untill we get a competent manager 

January 18, 2018, 03:54:16 AM
Reply #124

kramer0

I don't know if Vlasic is actually "good" but he's one of the few players we have who brings me any joy to watch.

His strength, balance, control in tight areas, and awareness of his teammates are generally impressive.

January 18, 2018, 04:14:28 AM
Reply #125

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I don't know if Vlasic is actually "good" but he's one of the few players we have who brings me any joy to watch.

Agree with that. Similar to how I felt about Klaassen when he played and why Iím a bit gutted itís not worked out. No idea if heís any good either but when he got on the ball I always enjoyed it.

Canít really think of anyone else Iíd say the same about. Maybe Davies though this season thatís more in hope than expectation.

January 18, 2018, 04:38:00 AM
Reply #126

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

His strength, balance, control in tight areas, and awareness of his teammates are generally impressive.

Iíve got a feeling that he might actually be very good, would love to see him play more, shame we didnít get a bigger cup run.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 18, 2018, 03:46:53 PM
Reply #127

Lxxx

I’ve got a feeling that he might actually be very good, would love to see him play more, shame we didn’t get a bigger cup run.

He had a touch of Eden Hazard about him I thought. Needs confidence and a run of games. He showed for his last club he likes to take players on and commit defenders, you'd think that's what we need, unless he has an attitude problem.

January 18, 2018, 03:58:29 PM
Reply #128

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He had a touch of Eden Hazard about him I thought. Needs confidence and a run of games. He showed for his last club he likes to take players on and commit defenders, you'd think that's what we need, unless he has an attitude problem.

Not sure heís as fast as some people think therefore itís tough to take people on out wide, certainly in a faster league.

Think is shifts of his body weight need to be around the box where half a yard makes a massive difference.

January 18, 2018, 04:22:08 PM
Reply #129

therealdunc

Definitely. Id loan him to a decent european league untill we get a competent manager

Yeah cause Koeman and Unsworth played him every game  lolol

Blue

January 18, 2018, 04:26:47 PM
Reply #130

mikey_blue

I think Sam would be mad to go for a defensive approach to this game. 2 new attacking signings should have the crowd on side. Get stuck in early and assert some dominance and I think we could be all over these.

Pickford
Kenny Holgate Jags  Martina
             Gana  Rooney
                    Sig
     Wallcott          Bolasie
                  Tosun

Sig pinging it to Walcott, he cruises down the wing, skipping passed a challenge and launching a cultured right foot cross into the box, clearing the first man and dipping into the penalty area. Tosun glides majestically through the air like a salmon to meet the ball with his head. Stunning Bullet header. The crowd goes wild. Fin.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 04:28:32 PM by mikey_blue »

January 18, 2018, 04:27:36 PM
Reply #131

Lxxx

Not sure heís as fast as some people think therefore itís tough to take people on out wide, certainly in a faster league.

Think is shifts of his body weight need to be around the box where half a yard makes a massive difference.

Yeh I don't think anyone really thinks he's fast as such, but he looks to be able to do what Pienaar used do and manoeuvre himself around defenders in tight spots, with the added benefit of being a lot more stocky to hold them off. Point being he looked as if he wanted to do that, whereas a lot of our players don't want to take that responsibility and pass it on to someone else.

January 18, 2018, 04:29:02 PM
Reply #132

therealdunc

I think Sam would be mad to go for a defensive approach to this game. 2 new attacking signings should have the crowd on side. Get stuck in early and assert some dominance and I think we could be all over these.

Pickford
Kenny Holgate Jags  Martina
             Gana  Rooney
                    Sig
     Wallcott          Bolasie
                  Tosun

Sig pinging it to the Walcott cruises down the wing, skipping passed a challenge and launching a cultured right foot cross into the box, clearing the first man and dipping into the penalty area. Tosun glides majestically through the air like a salmon to meet the ball with his head. Stunning Bullet header. The crowd goes wild. Fin.

My only issue with that team is Rooney and Bolasie.

If they both play as bad as they did on Saturday with their shocking passing and ball retention, then it will be a long day.
Blue

January 18, 2018, 04:41:36 PM
Reply #133

mikey_blue

My only issue with that team is Rooney and Bolasie.

If they both play as bad as they did on Saturday with their shocking passing and ball retention, then it will be a long day.

True of Rooney. His form has hit a bit of a wall as of recent. I think he should be playing the 8 as opposed to the 10. Moving Sig into the middle will give him an option to pass the ball forward to, and an option either side with Walcott/ Bolasie/ whoever.

January 18, 2018, 05:45:26 PM
Reply #134

Alanvideo

Only a handful of seats left for this , Upper Visitors also nearly sold out as WBA not taking it. In fact the coming 3 games the UV has been put on sale to home fans. This shows there is still quite a demand for tickets despite the crap being served up on the pitch.
We are special ,we are Everton.