December 17, 2017, 06:10:28 PM

Author Topic: Middlesborough vs Everton  (Read 14110 times)

February 10, 2017, 08:33:47 PM
Reply #15

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think that we should forget that some of our best recent form has been with 3 at the back. I'm not convinced any of our centre halves  (maybe Williams aside, if he's with the right partner) is good enough to play in a two, whereas the three provides extra coverage and compliments the likes of Holgate and Funes Mori more. Also we gained control of the Bournemouth game by switching to three at the back, and away to Boro, I think he's more likely to go with the back three.

I was looking at all the opinions and thinking about how hard it is to dissuade supporters to move from tried and tested.
Moyes broke us away from wanting 442 and we all accepted dropping a striker for a midfielder.

But the same seems to be happening again. People have this 451/4231 in their heads and can't quite make the leap away from it. All positing varients on a theme.

February 10, 2017, 08:37:39 PM
Reply #16

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I just think he came out and said he likes 3 at the back when teams play 2 up top, I thought Boro played 1 up top so went with the back four

Plus, if Schneiderlin sits in between the 2 cb's like he did at Stoke its kinda a 3

Simply simply lovely

February 10, 2017, 08:45:01 PM
Reply #17

sam of the south

I don't think that we should forget that some of our best recent form has been with 3 at the back. I'm not convinced any of our centre halves  (maybe Williams aside, if he's with the right partner) is good enough to play in a two, whereas the three provides extra coverage and compliments the likes of Holgate and Funes Mori more. Also we gained control of the Bournemouth game by switching to three at the back, and away to Boro, I think he's more likely to go with the back three.

Yeah, I definitely think this is the case right now, until we hopefully upgrade our CB's in the summer.

However, we did have a firm grip on the Bournemouth game with the xmas tree, until we started shitting ourselves, and yes the three at the back switch came at just the right time.

I think maybe start the same (4-3-2-1) and be prepared to switch to three cb's if the going gets tough.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 10, 2017, 08:59:36 PM
Reply #18

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Boro are due to concede at hatful. Hope it's us that does it to them.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

February 10, 2017, 10:31:46 PM
Reply #19

Evertonian in NC

Funes Mori and Williams can play solidly together in a 4 setup, perhaps they were just rusty last week.  And we can trust Schneiderlin/Gana to range back.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 10, 2017, 11:40:48 PM
Reply #20

Cozzie

Boro may have not conceded many but they literally can't score to save a beaver in a kettle.

You would like to think only 2 goals realistically needed to win here.

February 10, 2017, 11:42:07 PM
Reply #21

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Boro may have not conceded many but they literally can't score to save a beaver in a kettle.

You would like to think only 2 goals realistically needed to win here.

We will dray 4-4
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 11, 2017, 12:18:53 AM
Reply #22

sam of the south

We will dray 4-4

I love that track by MC Squirrel, 'Forgot About Dray'

It really is the nuts 🔥🙌
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 11, 2017, 12:23:53 AM
Reply #23

BlueBeagle

You had to fucking say it didn't you :hmph:

Bet they've got a striker who hasn't scored in about 8 months as well lolol

February 11, 2017, 12:26:57 AM
Reply #24

Cozzie

Yup. But we need to break out of this cycle. The top clubs never think this way. Our bad luck against out of form players has to end soon.

On a high at the moment and generally think this will be an easy afternoons work.

February 11, 2017, 12:31:54 AM
Reply #25

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Genuinely isn't a chance these are scoring more than one against us.

It's all about how many we score because they are a very good unit at the back.

I'm hoping this game just goes to form and we get a nice win.

Liverpool have Spurs as the late game so could be a massive weekend.

February 11, 2017, 02:25:24 AM
Reply #26

Paddockoldie

I've noticed quite a few times that when a team hasn't won or a player hasnt scored for x amount of time they end up doing it against us..    I think we'll beat these easily but I've thought that a few times and we've lost. We are Everton after all.

February 11, 2017, 02:31:14 AM
Reply #27

Evertonian in NC

We are all buzzing and dreaming, and a trip to Boro seems a proper place for dreams to die in a scoreless draw.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 11, 2017, 03:09:02 AM
Reply #28

charlatan

2-0 to us.  Can't wait, 1st away in donkeys

February 11, 2017, 04:22:10 AM
Reply #29

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I've got a really ominous feeling about tomorrow.  Maybe not the result, but something else.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.