December 11, 2018, 04:40:55 AM

Author Topic: Mirallas  (Read 15598 times)

December 30, 2017, 06:20:10 PM
Read 15598 times

everton1952

Since Allardyce took over, Mirallas has been picked for only one game, the dead rubber at Apollon. He has not even been sub since then. Does he train with the first team squad in which he holds the 11 shirt? I cannot remember any press conference where Sam was asked about Mirallas in the context of the usual questions about who is available for the following games. It would be interesting to hear the manager's answer if someone asked him about the availability of Mirallas. They are paying his wages and until he leaves will carry on doing so until 2020.

December 30, 2017, 06:38:35 PM
Reply #1

toffee_scot

It could be that Mirallas is injured, the club doesn't always tell us all the players that are injured especially if they are seen as quite peripheral.

Otherwise I guess with Bolasie back plus Lennon, Lookman and Vlasic who can all play on the wings, there is little room in the team for Mirallas and with supposedly Galatasaray and Olympiakos interested in him then we are probably looking to offload in January.

December 30, 2017, 06:39:33 PM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
If heís not shifted and replaced by the end of next summer then itís an egregious failure of duty by Walshy.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 30, 2017, 06:45:52 PM
Reply #3

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Get rid.
Simply simply lovely

December 30, 2017, 06:50:27 PM
Reply #4

duncandisorderly

I like Mirallas ability wise but he's obviously  a shite behind the scenes and not a team player. I'd expect he will be going in this window, we should get some money for him which will help the wage bill and getting someone else in who wants to put it all in for the shirt.

December 30, 2017, 06:54:26 PM
Reply #5

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He stinks of West Ham

December 30, 2017, 06:55:35 PM
Reply #6

Gash

Global Moderator
Thinks he's better than he is. I stuck up for him when he wasn't getting games under Martinez and said he was the type of player we were needing but then when he gets a chance he doesn't make the most of it. Seems to have a lot of fall outs as well, I think he's fallen out with every manager here and I wouldn't be surprised if he's already had words with Allardyce.

Time to move on. I don't think he ever recovered from the penalty incident. Kevin Mirallas got the better side of the deal, he's done far better out of Everton than Everton got out of him. I certainly wouldn't be sorry to see the back of him.

December 30, 2017, 07:00:40 PM
Reply #7

AllyBlue14

Shame really, because I always liked Mirallas. I remember him carrying the fight a few years ago (Liverpool and Villa iirc) under Martinez, when everyone else seemed to have given up.

But he's become increasingly unreliable and unproductive and seems to have a terrible attitude to go with it. Time to go now.

December 30, 2017, 07:00:52 PM
Reply #8

Ross

He should have been gone at the end of the season he fucked about over that penalty.

Hopefully with it being a World Cup year heíll feel he needs to be playing more and move on in January, itíll be best for both parties now.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 30, 2017, 07:01:02 PM
Reply #9

Alanvideo

In a way I'm disappointed to see him go ,he should have been great for us. Occasionally we'd see him combine well with Lukaku and Barkley but not often enough. Time to move on.
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 30, 2017, 07:02:58 PM
Reply #10

TSGun

I suppose an ex Olympiacos player would never transfer to Besiktas?

December 30, 2017, 07:10:59 PM
Reply #11

Toddacelli

Shame really, because I always liked Mirallas. I remember him carrying the fight a few years ago (Liverpool and Villa iirc) under Martinez, when everyone else seemed to have given up.

But he's become increasingly unreliable and unproductive and seems to have a terrible attitude to go with it. Time to go now.

This.

One of my biggest pain-points as an Everton supporter has been the derbies, so to see someone get stuck in, in the right way, bought Mirallas a lot of favour with me.

But the amount of times he has not been arsed or has not shown his quality or has not been brave enough to run at players has slowly eroded this to the point where I would prefer him to leave now.

Guaranteed to score a worldy against us if he goes to WHU though. You have been warned...

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

December 30, 2017, 07:21:46 PM
Reply #12

starblood

Just as a counterpoint to all the inevitable derogatory posts; I like him as a player. Always have done and still do.

For a team so lacking in attacking intent and goal threat, not to have him in the squad (even if it is just on the bench) makes no sense to me.

December 30, 2017, 07:22:28 PM
Reply #13

KoemansNumberTens

Odd player. When he came he was full of tricks and pace. He now doesn't do anything. Nothing bad but just no attempt at dribbling or invention.

Only time he's really looked motivated is when he was being linked with a move upwards. Even that fell apart when he missed that penalty against West Brom

Hes definitely deadwood. Wasted what could have been a very good career by being only half bothered

December 30, 2017, 07:25:05 PM
Reply #14

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Just as a counterpoint to all the inevitable derogatory posts; I like him as a player. Always have done and still do.

For a team so lacking in attacking intent and goal threat, not to have him in the squad (even if it is just on the bench) makes no sense to me.

I used to like him myself but he's offered absolutely nothing for the best part of 18 months now.

And it's not like he's hasn't been given a chance to prove himself.