November 25, 2017, 06:09:47 AM

Author Topic: Norwich City v Everton  (Read 22063 times)

February 18, 2013, 11:59:51 PM
Reply #15

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Grim times when you start worrying abut Grant Holt

February 19, 2013, 03:39:31 AM
Reply #16

indiantoffee1975

Draw 1-1. Almost dash any lingering hopes of a top 4 finish as well.

February 19, 2013, 04:00:29 AM
Reply #17

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Hopefully we can field this team

Howard

Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines

Mirallas Gibson Osman Pienaar

Fellaini   Jelavic

After a useless first hour from Jelavic big Vic comes on to save the day with a late brace in a 2-1 win
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 19, 2013, 11:43:08 AM
Reply #18

howard1334

Hopefully we can field this team

Howard

Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines

Mirallas Gibson Osman Pienaar

Fellaini   Jelavic

After a useless first hour from Jelavic big Vic comes on to save the day with a late brace in a 2-1 win

In past years their was never such a consensus on who our first 11 was... This year I feel the majority of us feel that the above is completly correct (If Jelavic is on form that is....).

I feel this team is very strong... however, we just fall off so quick with injuries... o well.

February 20, 2013, 02:44:15 AM
Reply #19

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Lee Mason REF

R West Linesman

A Holmes Linesman

M Clattenburg 4TH OFFICIAL

Lee Mason:

Everton games refereed: 22.          Norwich games refereed: 5.

Everton Wins: 9.                             Norwich Wins: 1.
Draws: 6.                                        Draws: 1.
Everton Loss: 7.                             Norwich Loss: 3.

Penalties for: 5.                              Penalties for: 0
Penalties against: 1.                      Penalties against: 0.

Yellow cards for Everton: 31.        Yellow cards for Norwich: 13
Red cards for Everton: 3.             Red cards for Norwich: 0

These are the type of stats that you get in European sports papers.

Top stuff Shoggers!

February 20, 2013, 02:18:04 PM
Reply #20

christiffa25

Just hoping we really go for it now this last 12 games. Draws are pretty pointless at this stage, winning is what's gonna get us the points we need, if that means more defeats to go with the wins...so be it !!

Please please jelavic and mirallas, it's time to hit your best goalscoring form.

Stones and Barkley on the bench hopefully and actually getting on the pitch at some point.

February 20, 2013, 02:27:49 PM
Reply #21

Alanvideo

Duffy and Stones in 'contention ' for the Norwich game ,according to the Echo.
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 20, 2013, 05:09:15 PM
Reply #22

tonysoprano

why do we now seem to be hanging our hat on two very very ,unexperienced at top level defenders, Duffy had a couple of games Stones has had none clutching at straws or what

February 20, 2013, 05:14:57 PM
Reply #23

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
why do we now seem to be hanging our hat on two very very ,unexperienced at top level defenders, Duffy had a couple of games Stones has had none clutching at straws or what

Indicitive of how error prone our defence has been and how many problems we have had at right back.

Sent from Four Ecks, running away from with Rincewind.

February 20, 2013, 05:18:53 PM
Reply #24

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber

exactly. People in glass houses shouldn't throw Stones...in at the deep end
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 20, 2013, 06:11:02 PM
Reply #25

Alanvideo

...........Stones couldn't do worse than Neville's performance at Oldham . However I don't expect to see him start a game this season ,after all he's  ' just a boy ' as Moyes would say.
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 20, 2013, 08:32:54 PM
Reply #26

plumber

...........Stones couldn't do worse than Neville's performance at Oldham . However I don't expect to see him start a game this season ,after all he's  ' just a boy ' as Moyes would say.

I remember people saying Junior couldn't do worse than Neville before the Leeds game...

February 20, 2013, 08:56:41 PM
Reply #27

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I didn't see the Leeds game, so can't really comment about Junior (and I know this is well trodden ground) however it does frustrate me when the younger players come in and if they make a mistake or play poorly they seemingly banished for 6-12 more months in the reserves. You'd think that'd wreck their confidence more. If you've decided they are good enough, give them enough time on the pitch over a few games to bed in.

Whereas on the flipside senior players who once were good seem to get a league season to make all manner of mistakes.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 08:57:09 PM by blueToffee »

February 20, 2013, 09:02:05 PM
Reply #28

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
I remember people saying Junior couldn't do worse than Neville before the Leeds game...

There is a difference to be fair, Stones at least has some first team experience albeit at a lower level.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

February 22, 2013, 05:48:05 AM
Reply #29

krakkokain

Considering we have a game on Tuesday and the fact the team look tired and have been performing like crap for the last month, i wouldnt mind lining up something like this.

Howard
       Stones Jags Distin Baines
       Pienaar Felliani Gibson Oviedo
                   Barkley
                    Jelavic

With a decent bench to change things if necessary.