August 22, 2017, 06:30:45 AM

Author Topic: Everton discussion on Sunday Supplement  (Read 493 times)

August 14, 2017, 04:00:16 PM
Read 493 times

D3blue

What a bunch of dickheads.
Announced a discussion on Everton and went on to discuss Wayne Rooney - was he liked or loved at ManU? Should there be a statue outside OT? 
Not a single mention of Everton's team additions or our chances this year, or in fact anything about us except for Rooney. 
Lazy journalists.

deCoubertin

August 14, 2017, 04:14:50 PM
Reply #1

Alanvideo

You should be used to it. If it hadn't been for the Rooney signing Everton wouldn't have got a mention at all. 
We are special ,we are Everton.

August 14, 2017, 04:23:14 PM
Reply #2

Lxxx

We'll get a mention the next few weeks, probably for the wrong reasons

August 14, 2017, 04:23:39 PM
Reply #3

WeimaranerBlues

never watched it, but as above ,   need to use this crest of a wave of Rooney mania, cause it wont last long , one bad performance, and everyone (media) will be on his back,

August 14, 2017, 04:30:57 PM
Reply #4

Bluedylan

Announced a discussion on Everton and went on to discuss Wayne Rooney - was he liked or loved at ManU? Should there be a statue outside OT? 
Not a single mention of Everton's team additions or our chances this year, or in fact anything about us except for Rooney. 
Lazy journalists.

Also, Oliver Holt put us on par with Newcastle in terms of size, ambition and fanbase. Breathtakingly ignorant, but then he does write for the Mail.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

August 14, 2017, 04:32:55 PM
Reply #5

BlueBeagle

Why do you expect anything different?

The audience share of that program that are Everton fans will be miniscule compared to the likes of United/Liverpool fans meaning it makes sense for Sky to spend more time talking about them.

August 14, 2017, 04:52:49 PM
Reply #6

Lxxx

The only one who ever gives us more than a few seconds thought is Andy Dunn.

August 14, 2017, 05:10:13 PM
Reply #7

Bluedylan

Why do you expect anything different?

The audience share of that program that are Everton fans will be miniscule compared to the likes of United/Liverpool fans meaning it makes sense for Sky to spend more time talking about them.

No one does expect anything different but is it ok with you if we still comment on it?

They didn't talk about Liverpool or Utd that much either, a bit about Coutinho. They rightly talked about Huddersfield and Brighton a lot.

The point wasn't that they didn't cover us. The point was that they failed to mention anyone else we've signed (including two of England's best young players and the captain of Ajax), or Moshiri or the ground move or anything other than whether Rooney is loved by Utd fans.

It's nothing new but it's also not unreasonable to expect a national journalist who makes a living being supposedly knowledgable about football knowing that Everton and the laughing stock that is Newcastle (on every level) don't belong in the same conversation.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

August 14, 2017, 05:15:39 PM
Reply #8

BlueBeagle

No one does expect anything different but is it ok with you if we still comment on it?

Where did I say it wasn't?

August 14, 2017, 05:45:37 PM
Reply #9

Bluedylan

Where did I say it wasn't?

Apologies for snapping. Not a morning person.

August 14, 2017, 05:48:14 PM
Reply #10

eyesalwaysblue

When i was younger the press used to give me bad temper, nowadays iv'e come to enjoy it in a weird way,it makes the days when we take a "big" scalp very nice, especially listening why they were under-par or who was missing on the day.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

August 14, 2017, 05:54:04 PM
Reply #11

SANA_DR0

Lazy journalists.

got used to this in the 90's actually thought it was different, i recall everton v fc reykavik on sky one, think it was 1996 season,
i think that was due to Everton actually being a BIG club (in the eyes of sky)
but since 2000, Walker, and Moyes, sky just seemed to hate us, especially having every liverpool retired player having jokes at the expense of plucky little everton.
havent subscribed to skysports since around 2004... lol i remember watching really shit streams after i stopped paying for sky.. or listened to radio 5. the coverage on IRV 4 of us, seems a lot more fair and un biased..

everything related to news corp sucks a big fat bubonic plagued cock..

August 14, 2017, 05:56:39 PM
Reply #12

Macca77

Hardly a new thing and not worth getting angry about.