December 11, 2017, 06:27:04 AM

Author Topic: [News]Hapless Koeman MUST go  (Read 7542 times)

October 19, 2017, 12:55:05 AM
Reply #180

Paddockoldie

According to the Echo he's got the full support of the board ....
Ffs are they blind or what '
Already spending parachute payments ??.

Teresa May has the full support of the party... AKA getting rid as soon as they can but want to avoid embarrassment.

deCoubertin

October 19, 2017, 01:01:37 AM
Reply #181

Macca77

October 19, 2017, 01:09:47 AM
Reply #182

BlueForYou

Mrs May will probably see out her reign until the Article 50 Brexit deadline on 29th March 2019, about three months before the end of Dutchy Koeman's contract and tenure as Everton manager.

Moshiri has probably agreed to support Koeman with new players in January on Koeman's insistence barring catastrophic results

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 19, 2017, 03:15:54 PM
Reply #183

Redartin

Another first for Everton:

First woman manager - Teresa May

October 19, 2017, 04:28:29 PM
Reply #184

formerKHL

Don't get me wrong here I've said it before and i'll repeat it again now..I never wanted koeman here in the first place.....ok that's the waiver out of the way...

had a great long conversation with a "colleague" yesterday re our predicament and he came up with some good points of "interest" to think about....this is a man who basically...been there and done that and analyses everything he does down to the colour of his socks....

he broke our season down into...3 bad defeats...spurs, atalanta and Manu...H 0-3, A 3-0, A 4-0.....he mentioned Chelsea away but suggested we wouldn't normally expect to get anything there anyway...

2 home "close" defeats....... where being honest it's not the type of football evertonians expect to see but we were the "better" side in both games.... bmouth and burnley...and probably should have won....

a draw away against the best side in the league...city who have been hammering teams...and I argued we were very lucky not to be hammered ourselves......which he agreed with..but counter argued....and this is where it really  hits home for me...

he said football is a business and a winning business at that... and what people are interested in is results not style of play...it's therefore very fine margins that make the difference......

apart from those games above we've only  lost by a 1 goal margin or drew the game....
we should've beaten bmth, burnley and brighton and apallon.....Obviously we didn't...BUT if we had beaten them he hypothesised....

although the style of play is poor according to fans......would we still be shouting for his head ? He would still be the same manager with his own style of doing things......doing things his way...

He reckons Koeman will turn it around....IF given time....

All a bit irrelevant I know as he clearly stated results are results.....but made me think....and cant make my mind up if he's right or wrong ?

Would people take "bad" wins over a better style of play and current results ?

Don't shoot the messenger......

October 19, 2017, 04:35:38 PM
Reply #185

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
glorified chief scout

not even that glorified, what with some at the club - at board level - referring to him as being "like an old woman"

Not great news that.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 19, 2017, 04:38:13 PM
Reply #186

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Not great news that.

I'm still intrigued by the 'has baggage' comment by a supposed 'itk' from the other week.

October 19, 2017, 05:21:17 PM
Reply #187

Lxxx

Don't get me wrong here I've said it before and i'll repeat it again now..I never wanted koeman here in the first place.....ok that's the waiver out of the way...

had a great long conversation with a "colleague" yesterday re our predicament and he came up with some good points of "interest" to think about....this is a man who basically...been there and done that and analyses everything he does down to the colour of his socks....

he broke our season down into...3 bad defeats...spurs, atalanta and Manu...H 0-3, A 3-0, A 4-0.....he mentioned Chelsea away but suggested we wouldn't normally expect to get anything there anyway...

2 home "close" defeats....... where being honest it's not the type of football evertonians expect to see but we were the "better" side in both games.... bmouth and burnley...and probably should have won....

a draw away against the best side in the league...city who have been hammering teams...and I argued we were very lucky not to be hammered ourselves......which he agreed with..but counter argued....and this is where it really  hits home for me...

he said football is a business and a winning business at that... and what people are interested in is results not style of play...it's therefore very fine margins that make the difference......

apart from those games above we've only  lost by a 1 goal margin or drew the game....
we should've beaten bmth, burnley and brighton and apallon.....Obviously we didn't...BUT if we had beaten them he hypothesised....

although the style of play is poor according to fans......would we still be shouting for his head ? He would still be the same manager with his own style of doing things......doing things his way...

He reckons Koeman will turn it around....IF given time....

All a bit irrelevant I know as he clearly stated results are results.....but made me think....and cant make my mind up if he's right or wrong ?

Don't shoot the messenger......

Too many points to address in that post and the fact I read 'fine margins' made me think of the Martinez era which completely turned me off the whole argument.

October 19, 2017, 05:40:04 PM
Reply #188

formerKHL

TBH..i'm not even trying to put an argument up....

it was a very long interesting conversation I tried to condense into a post......which threw up in my mind a simple question...

October 19, 2017, 05:54:58 PM
Reply #189

Waltzer

If Koeman stays I think thats all we can expect at best until January, bad wins. The entire recruitment drive was focused around us acquiring a big centre forward. There were stats that highlighted all of Koemans sides cross the ball into the box more than any other, likewise Sigurdsson has created loads more headed opportunities than anyone else, Klasseen would also thrive off of knock downs etc.

He is stubborn in his failure to adapt to what hes got, but so was Pep when he first came into City, he hasnt changed his philosophy, but the results are coming now as hes got the players to suit his style. Koeman will get the season in my opinion as the board have invested too much into his style, when we get our centre forward, and if results dont change then hes in trouble, but until then itll be a case of making do and ugly wins.

October 19, 2017, 05:59:24 PM
Reply #190

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'm still intrigued by the 'has baggage' comment by a supposed 'itk' from the other week.

Mad how many positive things have turned to dust the last few months.

Fully expecting this stadium to never go ahead as well. Part and parcel of supporting this fucking club.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 19, 2017, 06:08:55 PM
Reply #191

SANA_DR0

Insanity is doing the same thing(s) over and over again and expecting a different result..

can't believe he hasnt learned that his tactics are the problem. we've played the most games.. surely the team would know them by now... he's like an ANTI football manager. no style, no pace, no creativity.. how does he expect to get success with that???
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

October 19, 2017, 06:19:13 PM
Reply #192

Toddacelli

the "fuck you" is to waiting to long to make change, we made that mistake with DM, who i thought did ok for a while with very little,and RM who did fuck all with more. for once, PLEASE. lets get it right, be ruthless, be demanding. send a fucking message,  WE WANT WINNERS ONLY.

If only we could do something like instill a club motto that demanded the best or something...

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 19, 2017, 06:24:07 PM
Reply #193

Toddacelli

Iím really not arsed anymore. Whoever comes in will have the same problem. January will only help fix it by buying players for the positions we need. By then it would probably be too late as who would want to join a bottom five club out of Europe?

For all the positive summer we had Jamie Charagher was right. We didnít buy wisely.

Sorry Blarg - love you man, but anyone who uses 'Jamie Carragher was right' mis-spelled or otherwise - has to get a Tool.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 19, 2017, 06:32:15 PM
Reply #194

Lxxx

If Koeman stays I think thats all we can expect at best until January, bad wins. The entire recruitment drive was focused around us acquiring a big centre forward. There were stats that highlighted all of Koemans sides cross the ball into the box more than any other, likewise Sigurdsson has created loads more headed opportunities than anyone else, Klasseen would also thrive off of knock downs etc.

He is stubborn in his failure to adapt to what hes got, but so was Pep when he first came into City, he hasnt changed his philosophy, but the results are coming now as hes got the players to suit his style. Koeman will get the season in my opinion as the board have invested too much into his style, when we get our centre forward, and if results dont change then hes in trouble, but until then itll be a case of making do and ugly wins.

Has he ever really had major success though with his preferred style and players? The best he's had here is 7th isn't it? Which is below where we finished the year before he came to England, allied to the fact his cup record during that period is woeful.
With Guardiola they persevered as they know when he got it right it'd be worth it. Is getting us to where we should be, 7th, success? Just a honest question.