December 12, 2017, 08:22:18 PM

Author Topic: Walcott  (Read 865 times)

December 05, 2017, 07:57:43 PM
Read 865 times

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Rumours about this morning, now the mail have picked up on it
Opinions?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5147571/Everton-enquire-Arsenal-forward-Theo-Walcott.html

Not sure he is what we need as a cf, he would be ok out wide but his fitness record is appalling

Simply simply lovely

deCoubertin

December 05, 2017, 07:58:28 PM
Reply #1

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Would be a good signing imo but wrong age.

Could see it happening deffo
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 05, 2017, 08:01:21 PM
Reply #2

Cereal Killer

Cheaper/younger option than Vardy? Not as good finisher though

December 05, 2017, 08:03:16 PM
Reply #3

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Would play him out wide, goal scoring forward e.g Sane, Mane, Salah etc.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 05, 2017, 08:10:30 PM
Reply #4

ajax_andy

Adds pace, scores goals... Might not be the exotic foreigner we all crave but he'd improve us no end.

Walcott or Mirallas? It's a no brainer

December 05, 2017, 08:19:36 PM
Reply #5

Ross

A fully fit Walcott improves us no question.

But given his injury history and age whether or not it’s a good deal would depend on the size of the transfer fee.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 05, 2017, 08:22:51 PM
Reply #6

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
28 isn't that old, look at Lennon he's still got plenty of pace. Walcott should still have a good 3-4 years at a high level. I mean I'd not be giving him a 5 year deal or anything but his record is pretty decent and I'd certainly think he could improve us.

December 05, 2017, 08:24:12 PM
Reply #7

Macca77

Its a yes from me, he's a huge improvement on what we've got

December 05, 2017, 08:24:16 PM
Reply #8

Goughie

Walcott or Mirallas? It's a no brainer
[/quote]

This is why its a yes from me.
Im not the best, but im in the top 1!

December 05, 2017, 08:29:57 PM
Reply #9

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Classic situation where if he wasn’t injured as much he’d be great but then he probably wouldn’t be available.

Can’t see why he’d suddenly not pick up injuries.

December 05, 2017, 08:30:45 PM
Reply #10

formerKHL

i'd hope we're concentrating on getting an out and out striker first before something like this happens

December 05, 2017, 08:35:09 PM
Reply #11

Lincs Toffee

i'd hope we're concentrating on getting an out and out striker first before something like this happens
We are getting a deal, But one (Walcott) get one on loan (Giroud)...suits me that!
“I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.” - Dixie Dean

December 05, 2017, 09:19:26 PM
Reply #12

formerKHL

We are getting a deal, But one (Walcott) get one on loan (Giroud)...suits me that!

never gonna happen..

December 05, 2017, 09:33:17 PM
Reply #13

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Classic situation where if he wasn’t injured as much he’d be great but then he probably wouldn’t be available.

Can’t see why he’d suddenly not pick up injuries.

League appearances last few years have been 14, 28, 28 with 5,5,10 league Goals

Worth the gamble whatever the cost, pace and goals are expensive and this might be a rate value for money signing in this day and age tbh.

December 05, 2017, 09:48:20 PM
Reply #14

gizzblue

never gonna happen..
With Giroud being told by Deschamps to get first team football or risk missing what could be his last world cup....why not ?.

Also than a Wallcot all day