December 15, 2017, 11:56:19 PM

Author Topic: Michael Keane  (Read 10747 times)

November 24, 2017, 04:10:56 AM
Reply #165

Cozzie

Not having him at all, just looks absolutely abysmal.

deCoubertin

November 24, 2017, 04:14:58 AM
Reply #166

Gash

Global Moderator
I still think he'll come good. Young defender playing in a thankless position when every more experienced players all around him play absolutely woefully. You could see tonight his confidence is absolutely shattered and I don't think we've got anyone to lift that at the moment.

November 24, 2017, 04:23:26 AM
Reply #167

Lxxx

I still think he'll come good. Young defender playing in a thankless position when every more experienced players all around him play absolutely woefully. You could see tonight his confidence is absolutely shattered and I don't think we've got anyone to lift that at the moment.

Fair point but he's still a bit of a clogger, confidence or otherwise.

November 24, 2017, 04:30:45 AM
Reply #168

GrantyBoy78

Itd be worth getting Dyche just to salvage the 30m we paid for Keane. If anyone get get him back in form, its him.

November 24, 2017, 04:31:17 AM
Reply #169

Cozzie

I know the whole team are shit at the moment but even still it is the basics.

November 24, 2017, 05:06:39 AM
Reply #170

terrydarracotsbaldpate

He can't have been helped by playing alongside jags or Williams this season. Today the centre halves were beyond poor. That was a horrible defensive performance and it is the 4th time we have completely  collapsed. No spine and spineless.

November 24, 2017, 05:11:56 AM
Reply #171

Faceatthefence

He can't have been helped by playing alongside jags or Williams this season. Today the centre halves were beyond poor. That was a horrible defensive performance and it is the 4th time we have completely  collapsed. No spine and spineless.
Unsworth should not be playing keane alongside groot,his form is toxic this season
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

November 24, 2017, 05:32:30 AM
Reply #172

ally2

No spine AND spineless?  Ah yes I see

November 24, 2017, 06:04:51 AM
Reply #173

Ridge

Whoever is in charge of future matches, surely has to drop Keane in favour of Jags and Williams, maybe Holgate, or at least go to 3 at the back.

It's not working, we've been trying to persevere since start of the season and it's still the same problem in defence. Keane is clearly not playing at his best, but he's not played into form or improved. It's half a dozen chances and 2 or 3 goals a game. Williams was shocking tonight, but atleast with him and Jags last season we looked a bit pants, rather than a pair of torn and soiled undercrackers.

Whether there is some pressure from Walsh for manager to play Keane and prove him right or something. It seems bizarre that we persist with something, that so clearly doesn't work and has major issues. It doesn't matter how much we paid for him, it's not working and I don't think Unsworth or any new manager is going to solve it by repeating the same pattern.

November 24, 2017, 06:10:39 AM
Reply #174

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
However bad Keane has been, he is nowhere near as bad as Williams.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

November 24, 2017, 10:00:45 AM
Reply #175

Thornton_19

I just don't understand why he was playing as LCB tonight and Williams as RCB. Surely they are better switching.

November 24, 2017, 11:39:38 AM
Reply #176

wepull

I think Keane has a lot to improve. Apart from his inability to be fast, he a lot of time rushes out of his position and very susceptible to amateur hour of football like the one for their first goal.

I do think he has good attributes to be a quality CB, but at the moment he's just all over the place.

November 25, 2017, 07:07:02 AM
Reply #177

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Think the issue is hes trying to transition from dyches extremely rigid and effective tactics - allowing shots from certain areas and closing angles and defending really fucking deep and just being an able body who follows dyches instructions to having to actually be a defender in a system that is clearly on its arse.

Also hes not a ball player, in fact I believe thats why utd let him go, and hes extremely slow, so hes never going to be a front foot defender. Replacement for jags maybe but never in a million years a replacement for stones.

Needs an agile ball player to go LCB, while he does the jags stuff. If we could just clone Distin or Lescott from about 10 ago that would be ideal.

Maybe Mangala? Not a baller but physically capable and not fancied at all so maybe available. Probably some class cbs knocking about Spain and Italy.

Just the same old story isnt it. Sell a vital player, replace with someone whos nothing like him.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 25, 2017, 01:14:59 PM
Reply #178

eyesalwaysblue

However bad Keane has been, he is nowhere near as bad as Williams.
That's true, find it hard to blame the players for us having a bad collection off staff to create a perfect shit storm of bad recruiting Pickford apart probably, although i'm developing a healthy dislike of Shneiderlin due his self overate.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

November 29, 2017, 07:37:11 PM
Reply #179

Thomas

We should never have sold Stones a player I always rated and it kind of sums up what phillistines our fans are that they felt signing MK was better.