October 17, 2018, 11:53:42 AM

Author Topic: Dynamo Kyiv v Everton  (Read 37054 times)

March 19, 2015, 07:15:11 PM
Reply #90

Evertonian in NC

Rom should be able to avoid the yellow no problem.  This is indeed our biggest match of the season.  In a war zone.  NO PRESSURE LADS.

I have a feeling we are going to come good.  My feelings have no bearing on reality, though.

I have to drink enough to keep my nerves settled from 2pm EST through about midnight, but without passing out.  This is a mighty challenge for my 41 year old brain and liver.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 19, 2015, 07:22:14 PM
Reply #91

Toddacelli

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 19, 2015, 07:31:15 PM
Reply #92

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I'm more nervous about this than I thought I would be considering it's a last 16 tie.

I guess that's because we've so rarely got past this stage (twice, even Dundee Utd have 4 appearances in a European 1/4 or beyond) and that it feels like a big game.

Classic name from the Soviet era, nearly 70,000 expected in the ground.

I think we can set up correctly to win this but it'll be interesting to see what we go with as we'd have assumed that Mirallas would definitely have played.

March 19, 2015, 07:33:05 PM
Reply #93

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I'd put mcgeady in from the start.

Spoiler: show
LOL

March 19, 2015, 07:38:28 PM
Reply #94

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I'd put mcgeady in from the start.

Ha.

He did put in a very solid shift in the Wolfsburg away game though.

If he'd been fully fit, I wouldn't have ruled him out from starting in this - RM loves to quote experiences for occasions like this :)

March 19, 2015, 07:40:19 PM
Reply #95

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Ha.

He did put in a very solid shift in the Wolfsburg away game though.

If he'd been fully fit, I wouldn't have ruled him out from starting in this - RM loves to quote experiences for occasions like this :)

would like a wide man on the pitch, no lennon of course, so Atsu (second half?) or McGeady (fit?)
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 19, 2015, 07:44:50 PM
Reply #96

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
would like a wide man on the pitch, no lennon of course, so Atsu (second half?) or McGeady (fit?)

Just don't know what he's going to go with.

Would have thought Barkley Naismith Mirallas before - don't think he'll trust Atsu to start and McGeady is being assessed for the bench so no chance of a start.

So we'll either have to go very, very narrow with Besic coming in; or Ossie (but will that be too much for him?) or start Kone. Again questions over physical capability.

If we go narrow I hope we play more of a 4-3-1-2, with the two splitting to provide width in the channels.

March 19, 2015, 08:18:41 PM
Reply #97

Everton Mint

I fancy Kone to play and do something special... he's due to...

March 19, 2015, 08:21:30 PM
Reply #98

Bluedylan

If we go narrow I hope we play more of a 4-3-1-2, with the two splitting to provide width in the channels.

I really like that. It would be a good way to pin their full backs back and it just creates spaces for Ossie, Barkley or Naisy to slip into, and for Gibson to pass into.

Have a feeling we'll be positive, listening to the manager and based on the last week of football. Thank fuck we've got some genuine confidence gong into this. Will be a genuine achievement for a lot of our young players if we get through this, and the experience should really help them develop in the future.

Bricking it here like a little girl.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 08:21:58 PM by Bluedylan »
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

March 19, 2015, 08:24:32 PM
Reply #99

WeimaranerBlues

every dog has its day,

Kone Dog will have his day

March 19, 2015, 08:38:17 PM
Reply #100

Shogun

Administrator
Can't wait til we get this out the way so we can get on with our relegation battle.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 08:38:38 PM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 19, 2015, 08:43:18 PM
Reply #101

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Fancy Kone myself.

He's got something of a cult hero about him.

Could be a big goal in him here.

March 19, 2015, 08:58:53 PM
Reply #102

Toddacelli

Really like that pic - relaxed, happy, Cadamarteri (sorry - can't spell camerarderie)

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 19, 2015, 09:00:39 PM
Reply #103

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think Kone will score but I do think he'd be a good option here though. He has decent pace which would be useful and his ball retention is good. He just needs to be a bit more aware of the options around him.

I think Martinez will be keen to get Osman into the side however he can though.

March 19, 2015, 09:03:41 PM
Reply #104

Bluedylan

Yep, Ossie's a must for this game.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.