June 21, 2018, 05:47:44 PM

Author Topic: allardyce trying to justify himself on talksport now..  (Read 4135 times)

May 17, 2018, 05:41:55 PM
Reply #30

Ramjam

Why is it all these cunts put the slipper into us at every opportunity?
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

May 17, 2018, 05:42:29 PM
Reply #31

Lxxx

He knew it was a 6 month appointment all along. I suppose he could have tried to reinvent himself for one last fling with the biggest club he had managed but the fact he didn't tells you everything about him.
He'd already created a narrative for himself which has served him well and rewarded him handsomely the past few decade, why change now and risk it by chancing expansive football only for it to blow up in his face.
He's preserved his reputation doing what he does and still has maybe one last big payday left at Xmas again if he wants it, with the next crisis club. 

His media appearances now are about deflecting blame. Horrible man.

May 17, 2018, 05:43:33 PM
Reply #32

WeimaranerBlues

Liverpool built their history on 1-0 wins throughout the 70's & 80's...however they were very entertaining, played good football and won trophies....(god that stuck in my throat)...

we got 1 -0 wins with one shot on goal....draws with no shots on target...

big difference..

and whichever way people want to paint it......it was terrible performances overall...and only the manager can take the responsibility for that...

I ask myself..if he hadn't come in the way he did..ie after 3 other managers...been with us all season and we finished where we did and the way we did.......would we have still kept him ??
  If he arrived at the beginning of the season and everything finished the same --   then  NO  he fucked up his biggest  job ever , minus the England Job ,
together with the stats we keep seeing,   the the dour performances v  Spurs/Arsenal   and defensive setups against the likes of Bournemouth/WBA twice and the no shots on target period,  he missed the boat big time , he said this was the easiest job he had taken ,   BUT showed sign of change even after we got to 40pts

If we had beaten Burnley  ,  i think we would have finished 7th and thats the only way he may have kept his job   but it would have been same again next season
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 05:46:17 PM by WeimaranerBlues »

May 17, 2018, 05:49:32 PM
Reply #33

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Apparently we wanted to insert a break clause but he demanded 18 months, no option.

Therefore it was up to him to be good enough to see that out.

He knew the hand he was being dealt and played it rather cynically I think.

Fair enough I suppose, but it does make a mockery of the idea he wanted a big job to prove himself. He wanted 6 months and a pay off.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 17, 2018, 05:56:23 PM
Reply #34

blue slug

Sounded like he’d got a banging hangover.

Probably been sinking pints of gravy and vodka with a bovril chaser

May 17, 2018, 06:00:48 PM
Reply #35

Macca77

He was here for the money, its plain and simple really,

This job was his one big chance to prove all of the doubters wrong, to have a good go and see how if he could compete with the bigger boys, he failed, he just used the same tactics that hes done for all of his career, that won't wash here, which he has now discovered.

I will say this though, if he had connected with us fans and embraced the clubs history and values then maybe, just maybe he would still have a job, however he made no effort whatsoever to engage with us, not once did he praise us, he did the opposite and said shite in every press conference.

May 17, 2018, 06:01:31 PM
Reply #36

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
There's an obsession in this country with relegation and it's gotten to the point where a manager just keeping a team in the premier league (outside the top six) is now thought of as doing a good job.

God forbid a team like ourselves should show a bit of ambition and attempt to compete.

May 17, 2018, 06:07:28 PM
Reply #37

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Also, if this was a foreign manager the reaction would be very different.

May 17, 2018, 06:07:59 PM
Reply #38

Toffee1

His time here works out at about £65,868 a day - not bad work if you can get it, so i don't have any feelings of sorrow for him.

The only ones who matter in all of this and who I feel sorry for are the fans who paid their hard earned money to go home and away to watch the crap that he served up.

May 17, 2018, 06:12:34 PM
Reply #39

Gash

Global Moderator
Didn't Moshiri say he'd be more careful with the likes of Jim White and the information he gave him? Seems to me White's got the hump with that and is sticking the boot in at every opportunity, he had Allardyce on SSN the other day and now has him on Talksport blowing smoke up his arse.

He blew it, he had every chance to prove that he's not a defensive manager and can set teams up to play football and he never did it. Even when we were safe he said he can't experiment with players as it's him that's in the firing line. Safe in the league and going to Swansea setting up not to lose it's grounds enough to sack the negative, self serving cunt.

May 17, 2018, 06:13:21 PM
Reply #40

Macca77

Mancini and Pellegrini both won trophies and titles with City - Both were sacked
Rogers almost won the league with the shite - he was sacked
Shite fans basically got Hodgson sacked

They brought replacements in to make them more successful, I don't recall there being much fuss made about it back then.

We sack a manager for getting us up to 8th and the ghosts of footballers past all crawl out of their caves and have a go at us, how dare Everton and their fans have ambition, they're not one of the Sky 6!!

May 17, 2018, 06:19:24 PM
Reply #41

TheBlackWatchFanzine

He was here for the money, its plain and simple really,

This job was his one big chance to prove all of the doubters wrong, to have a good go and see how if he could compete with the bigger boys, he failed, he just used the same tactics that hes done for all of his career, that won't wash here, which he has now discovered.

I will say this though, if he had connected with us fans and embraced the clubs history and values then maybe, just maybe he would still have a job, however he made no effort whatsoever to engage with us, not once did he praise us, he did the opposite and said shite in every press conference.

Spot on. This was his chance to put the stereotypes about his style of football and abilities to bed. Instead he just reverted to type and always gave the impression that he was more important than the club, the players, and the fans.

The thing that's doing my head in is the amount of people the media are asking for opinions who have absolutely no affinity with Everton. Fucking Kevin Nolan, Jamie Redknapp, Paul Merson, all of whom completely missing the point. It's only been a day and I'm already sick of this "be careful what you wish for" patronising crap.

May 17, 2018, 06:22:48 PM
Reply #42

Evertonian in NC

It's almost like someone's a self aggrandizing cunt for 20-30 years, you pretty well can count on him staying that way.  No need to really "give him a chance" ya know?
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 17, 2018, 06:27:14 PM
Reply #43

dunkster

You guys have allowed the bollocks that he comes out with, that the media climb on board and side with him, and then deduce that we ought be lucky with 8th, wind you up and effectively spoil the happiness that was yesterday.
 Ignore all the comments, they will be yesterday's news pretty soon. I for one couldn't give a fuck what non everton people say.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

May 17, 2018, 06:30:11 PM
Reply #44

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The be careful what you wish for thinking is linked to the need to change our image.

As mentioned before we need to show that even with an awful season we still finish 8th.

Allardyce’s Ppg (33 Pts/ 24 games = 1.375) would give 52 pts over the season.

That’s not enough even this season for European qualification.

But the perception with these people is that that was still good for us.

Non of the top 6 are ever considered relegation candidates and so any managerial changes are seen as a positive.

We won’t just jump into that bracket but we need to be portrayed/ seen as a team that fails if it doesn’t qualify for Europe (or at least be in a position that often does) and also if it doesn’t look likely that we will qualify the year after.