June 22, 2018, 02:56:26 PM

Author Topic: allardyce trying to justify himself on talksport now..  (Read 4172 times)

May 17, 2018, 09:24:15 PM
Reply #60

blue1948

For me itís not even REALLY about entertainment, Iím not expecting jogs bonita, but we do need long term plans and progression - anyone with one working eyeball can see Sam is not, and has not ever been, the man for that.
It is about entertainment for the fans ,business for the club but for us it has to be entertainment first .

May 17, 2018, 09:53:37 PM
Reply #61

Cereal Killer

Let's not get dragged into the entertainment argument

Clearly having the least shots/shots on target and letting the opposition have a stupidly high number of shots is an obvious recipe for relegation, and continued over a whole season may well have ended in that. It certainly doesn't represent an ambitious team or even a cohesive solid team that can grind out results

May 17, 2018, 10:42:19 PM
Reply #62

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 17, 2018, 10:51:09 PM
Reply #63

Gash

Global Moderator
It's all a bit patronsing with this "what more do they expect". It's like everyone outside of the top six should just be grateful to be in the Premier League and accept mid table mediocrity. Heaven help a club should actually have a bit of ambition and try to break into the top 4/6, hard as it will be.

We recently finished 5th, we've been the best equipped club (allowing for Leicester's freak season) to break in to the top 6 in recent season, we've just finished 5 points below the mighty Burnley who went something like 12 games without a win at one point and Arsenal have had one of their worst seasons in a generation and we still didn't capitalise on it. So I think we're perfectly entitled to feel that we might just have missed a trick this year and it's fair to have expected a bit more than Allardyce offered for the last few months.

May 17, 2018, 10:55:12 PM
Reply #64

blue1948

May 17, 2018, 10:56:52 PM
Reply #65

Gash

Global Moderator
Seems his son is an even bigger bellend. His tweet last night needs to be screen shot, printed off and then rammed down his throat.

https://mobile.twitter.com/_doggsy/status/996853602713923585?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.liverpoolecho.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Ftransfer-news%2Feverton-news-transfer-rumours-live-14660998&tfw_creator=LivEchonews&tfw_site=LivEchonews

Not playing attractive football and winning the Europa League is one thing, not playing attractive football and getting pumped 5-1 at Arsenal, 4-1 at Tottenham, drawing at home to West Brom, losing away to Burnley and Watford and drawing away to Swansea is a totally different matter. And not to mention the wins that were less than convincing.

May 17, 2018, 10:58:22 PM
Reply #66

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber

I didn't see that but one of my thoughts for a potential reply was 'shouldn't you be praying for your dad's morbid obesity to kick in so you can inherit all that money he's just received.' But then I remembered I'm much better than that 😉
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 17, 2018, 11:11:03 PM
Reply #67

Jacko4468

There's one fundamental thing they are all missing and that's ENTERTAINMENT. It's the Everton supporters who pay their bucks to watch the team.  And they want to be entertained.
If you go to a restaurant and they serve you tastless crap to eat, they could argue that your belly is still full and you got the nutrients you need to survive.  But at £40 a head you expect far more for your money.
They just don't get it...fuck em
couldnít of put it better

May 17, 2018, 11:45:16 PM
Reply #68

Macca77

Seems his son is an even bigger bellend. His tweet last night needs to be screen shot, printed off and then rammed down his throat.

https://mobile.twitter.com/_doggsy/status/996853602713923585?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.liverpoolecho.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Ftransfer-news%2Feverton-news-transfer-rumours-live-14660998&tfw_creator=LivEchonews&tfw_site=LivEchonews

Imagine trying to compare your dad who's won fuck all in over 20 years as a manager, to Simeone, who has won 8 trophies in 6 years at a massive club in a league which is normally dominated by 2 teams

May 18, 2018, 12:21:48 AM
Reply #69

Bluedylan

Have a listen to this for an informed view of the situation in the media. We're the first point of discussion:

https://audioboom.com/posts/6860109-welbeck-or-bust-melchester-rovers-and-paging-jody-morris
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

May 18, 2018, 12:27:08 AM
Reply #70

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Have a listen to this for an informed view of the situation in the media. We're the first point of discussion:

https://audioboom.com/posts/6860109-welbeck-or-bust-melchester-rovers-and-paging-jody-morris

You had me at paging Jody Morris.

May 18, 2018, 12:46:17 AM
Reply #71

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Tomorrowís commute that.

Usually reserve Fridays for hip hop so I can start feeling the groove, but didnít listen to any pods today.

Perhaps Friday home commute can be hip hop hour.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 18, 2018, 01:18:37 AM
Reply #72

Redartin

Probably Kopites phoning in taking the piss
I think the whole thing was a piss take. Bear in mind Big SAm is now joining the Talksport team. A team that say things to wind people up and get them to phone in. So he goes on and says the majority of Evertonians were happy with him, on comes Jim White with his, ďdo Everton fans agree with thatĒ, the phone lines light up, and we have a show. Simply.

May 18, 2018, 01:22:44 AM
Reply #73

blue slug

I see being a delusional bellend runs in the family, what a weapon

May 18, 2018, 01:25:26 AM
Reply #74

velimski

Rather unfortunate for him that he inherited his dad's massive head.