March 24, 2017, 11:57:12 PM

Author Topic: The European Domestic Football Thread.  (Read 84947 times)

August 22, 2014, 09:20:24 PM
Reply #30

Shogun

Administrator
You watching Bayern v Wolfsburg tonight Hill?

I'm not really into the Bundesliga but it'll be a decent watch ahead of the second leg of the super cup.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

August 22, 2014, 09:41:14 PM
Reply #31

hill135

You watching Bayern v Wolfsburg tonight Hill?

I'm not really into the Bundesliga but it'll be a decent watch ahead of the second leg of the super cup.

Balls. I completely forgot the BL has games on a Friday night and I made plans. I'll have to miss it.

Wolfsburg have a good team. The missing piece of the puzzle was a good number 9 and they pursued a lot of targets but ended up with Bendtner. They could have mounted a serious challenge for the CL places otherwise.

Also, I hope Bayern don't sign Benatia.

August 23, 2014, 01:04:25 AM
Reply #32

Shogun

Administrator
Looks like you might miss a treat.

Seems as though Bayern are lining up with a back 3 of Lahm, Badstuber and Dante.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 01:04:54 AM by Shogun »

August 23, 2014, 05:04:06 AM
Reply #33

ally2

Athletico are a joy to watch.

August 23, 2014, 05:19:44 AM
Reply #34

hill135

So I caught a bit of the Bayern VFL game and it looks like Bayern were lucky to get away with it. Couldn't work out what formation they were playing. Looked like a back four but the centrebacks seemed pinned over to the left as if a third one should be on the right hand side, but there wasn't one.

August 23, 2014, 06:39:06 AM
Reply #35

Shogun

Administrator
The Bayern-Wolfsburg match was won, or rather lost, in the first half as Wolfsburg just didn't turn up. I know it was only 1-0 at that point but had they played like they did in the second half then they wouldn't have left without a point. Wolfsburg couldn't get the ball in the first half and when they did, their attacks tended to break down. Rodriguez at left back for Wolfsburg was having a shocker of a match as well.

Arnold came on at half time and Wolfsburg had a bit of a reshuffle, most notably with De Bruyne switching wings and it worked a lot better. Olic scored an absolute beauty from the edge of the box against his former club and they should have equalise when Malanda latched onto a cross and had his shot saved by Neuer from about 8 yards and then he fluffed the rebound from a yard out and put it wide.

Bayern had a goal wrongly ruled out for offside, though it wasn't given offside until the officials spoke to each other to ask if Muller got a touch on the shot which they decided he did. Whether he did or not, he wasn't offside.

Bayern played 3 at the back for much of the game but they were holding out for the win in the last 15 minutes or so which is why it would have been more difficult to make out their shape.

August 24, 2014, 12:28:21 AM
Reply #36

hill135

Dortmund Leverkusen kicked off at the same time as our game. Dortmund playing a rather strange lineup with a lot of important players on the bench or not in the squad. They're losing 0-1 currently after conceding in the first minute.

Edit: both the official BL website and Whoscored have Dortmund playing a diamond in midfield with Immobile and Aubameyang up front, with Reus in the hole.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 12:31:18 AM by hill135 »

August 24, 2014, 01:52:26 AM
Reply #37

Shogun

Administrator
Bilbao's goalkeeper just scored a header against 9 men Malaga in injury time to make it 1-1 and it's been disallowed for absolutely nothing.

August 24, 2014, 04:09:49 AM
Reply #38

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

Bilbao's goalkeeper just scored a header against 9 men Malaga in injury time to make it 1-1 and it's been disallowed for absolutely nothing.

Proper shades of Villareal there!
Clear eyes.  Full hearts.  Can't lose.

August 24, 2014, 11:59:01 PM
Reply #39

Shogun

Administrator
The drama didn't end there either.

Sevilla 1-1 Valencia - Valencia had a man sent off at 1-0 down and managed to equalised with a few minutes to go.

Almeria 1-1 Espaņol - Espaņol had a man sent off for two soft yellow cards after about half an hour. Stadium lights went out second half for about 10 minutes and Espaņol equalised in the 103rd minute after 12 minutes of injury time.

August 27, 2014, 02:50:50 AM
Reply #40

hill135

Roma have sold Serie A's best defender Benatia to Bayern. That's not going to help their title hopes.

August 27, 2014, 04:02:34 AM
Reply #41

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Roma have sold Serie A's best defender Benatia to Bayern. That's not going to help their title hopes.

They've bought that Manolas that was signing for us then changed his mind at the last minute.

August 27, 2014, 08:12:47 PM
Reply #42

hill135

great article detailing why Real selling Di Maria might be a big mistake. i think it could constitute another Makele moment.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/aug/26/angel-di-maria-manchester-united-real-madrid-lionel-messi

August 27, 2014, 08:22:28 PM
Reply #43

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
great article detailing why Real selling Di Maria might be a big mistake. i think it could constitute another Makele moment.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/aug/26/angel-di-maria-manchester-united-real-madrid-lionel-messi
Let's see if he as a big a success as ozil
Heisenberg thoughts on Lukaku :
If he was English his value would be 10-15.

August 27, 2014, 08:53:42 PM
Reply #44

hill135

Let's see if he as a big a success as ozil

Not suggesting he will be a success for Man Utd, but that Real Madrid are selling their most important player from last season: a man who played the role of two players and allowed them to accommodate Bale and Ronaldo. He gave them balance.