August 24, 2017, 08:12:52 AM

Author Topic: Shameless Clattenburg  (Read 940 times)

December 30, 2016, 09:15:23 PM
Read 940 times

Ross

How's this for a come and get me plea

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/30/mark-clattenburg-chinese-super-league

Standout comments for me our "There is no offer on the table but if they made an offer it would be under consideration." and "Money has never been a driver as a referee "

What a twat.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 30, 2016, 10:05:50 PM
Reply #1

Major Clanger

I remember the days when the phrase "English referee" was seen as a gold standard of quality around the world.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

December 30, 2016, 11:48:33 PM
Reply #2

Ross

I remember the days when the phrase "English referee" was seen as a gold standard of quality around the world.

How old are you?...
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 30, 2016, 11:53:46 PM
Reply #3

Bluedylan

How's this for a come and get me plea

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/30/mark-clattenburg-chinese-super-league

Standout comments for me our "There is no offer on the table but if they made an offer it would be under consideration." and "Money has never been a driver as a referee "

What a twat.

I love this bit:

“If it didn’t happen now I will be looking in the future at that, a bit like Howard Webb has done [in Saudi Arabia] where you are helping another country develop refereeing''

Yeah, I'm sure Webb always dreamt of developing refereeing infrastructure in a corrupt, terrorist-sponsoring theocracy who coincidentally pay massive amounts of money to anyone willing to participate in their morally bankrupt charade.

Nice one Howard. It's all about giving something back to the game you love.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

December 30, 2016, 11:56:46 PM
Reply #4

irishtoffee

I wouldn't blame him to be honest. It's a job with a short lifespan and if people are going to throw around ridiculous amounts of money then why not try to cash in

December 30, 2016, 11:57:53 PM
Reply #5

Bluedylan

I wouldn't blame him to be honest. It's a job with a short lifespan and if people are going to throw around ridiculous amounts of money then why not try to cash in

Yeah sound. Maybe just say that then, and don't pretend it's because you're passionate about developing football around the world.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

December 31, 2016, 12:36:28 AM
Reply #6

irishtoffee

That would be seen as rude and insulting then and possibly cost him the job
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 06:01:59 AM by irishtoffee »

December 31, 2016, 05:39:40 PM
Reply #7

toffee_scot

If it means he will no longer referee English games and particularly Everton games...

December 31, 2016, 06:59:19 PM
Reply #8

Ball8y

“Money has never been a driver as a referee … it’s about making sure The Vermin/Big Stand FC win every game of theirs I referee,”

January 03, 2017, 04:18:52 AM
Reply #9

bacon sarnie

His pic has been on my dartboard for years.

January 11, 2017, 01:27:05 AM
Reply #10

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
 Gives him the opportunity to get a legit Chinese neck tattoo. Fucking wool.

January 12, 2017, 03:53:18 PM
Reply #11

Macca77

He's the ref for our game this Sunday