October 23, 2017, 05:33:51 AM

Author Topic: Proposed rule changes  (Read 942 times)

January 19, 2017, 10:39:36 PM
Read 942 times

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/marco-van-basten-fifa-plans-change-football-a7534186.html

What's your thoughts.

I like the offside rule. it's hard to police sure but football would be dead boring without it.

I like the sin bin idea. Works well in rugby and I always felt the team on the pitch benefits nothing from yellow cards.

The 8 second penalty run up is a good one too although I really enjoy a penalty shoot out.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 19, 2017, 10:47:06 PM
Reply #1

Major Clanger

Scrapping the offside rule would be madness. It can be tweaked maybe, like moving the line beyond which you can't be offside forward or back, or even doing something like in ice hockey, I don't know. But getting rid of it altogether would radically fuck up the rhythm of the game.

Sin bins sound like a good idea, and so does scrapping extra time and reducing the number of matches players have to play.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

January 19, 2017, 11:03:26 PM
Reply #2

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
why change things?
I have to return some videotapes.

January 19, 2017, 11:16:11 PM
Reply #3

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 19, 2017, 11:50:48 PM
Reply #4

Shogun

Administrator
I'm all for ditching extra time.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 20, 2017, 12:21:53 AM
Reply #5

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/marco-van-basten-fifa-plans-change-football-a7534186.html

What's your thoughts.

I like the offside rule. it's hard to police sure but football would be dead boring without it.

I like the sin bin idea. Works well in rugby and I always felt the team on the pitch benefits nothing from yellow cards.

The 8 second penalty run up is a good one too although I really enjoy a penalty shoot out.
Sin bin would be good.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

January 20, 2017, 02:22:08 AM
Reply #6

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Offside needs to be kept

Sin bin is great
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 20, 2017, 04:08:30 AM
Reply #7

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I hate the notion that players should play less football matches. 

Why the fuck would I want less football to watch?

The amount people fork out for Sky, BT and the rest, and you're going to cut back the number of games? It'd be a fucking outrage.

If anything they should play more.

January 20, 2017, 05:08:09 AM
Reply #8

Major Clanger

I hate the notion that players should play less football matches. 

Why the fuck would I want less football to watch?

The amount people fork out for Sky, BT and the rest, and you're going to cut back the number of games? It'd be a fucking outrage.

If anything they should play more.

Well, first of all, the obvious answer is don't pay for it then.

And secondly, a lot of us would be happier with more quality and more memorable games, than with the continuous stream of non-stop football we have now. Given that you can watch any league of the world worth watching, you could still have wall to wall football if you wanted to.

January 20, 2017, 05:16:06 AM
Reply #9

Major Clanger

Don't get me wrong, I don't want fewer league games either. But I could live without a summer money-spinning tournament and fewer international friendlies/qualifiers.

January 20, 2017, 05:25:39 AM
Reply #10

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Well, first of all, the obvious answer is don't pay for it then.

And secondly, a lot of us would be happier with more quality and more memorable games, than with the continuous stream of non-stop football we have now. Given that you can watch any league of the world worth watching, you could still have wall to wall football if you wanted to.

Yeah I don't pay, my outrage is on behalf of my fellow man.

But generally I don't buy that quality is suffering. You only have to watch games from 10 years ago to see on average that the quality gets better and better.

January 20, 2017, 05:26:46 AM
Reply #11

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Don't get me wrong, I don't want fewer league games either. But I could live without a summer money-spinning tournament and fewer international friendlies/qualifiers.

With you there. I'd sack off the entire international set up. But only if it was replaced with more domestic football.

January 20, 2017, 08:38:15 AM
Reply #12

Jamokachi

Fuck scrapping extra time, there are few things better in life than a 94th minute winner!

Sin bin is a good idea I reckon, and the offside rule has to stay (although adaptation is an option).

January 20, 2017, 10:42:01 AM
Reply #13

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Fuck scrapping extra time, there are few things better in life than a 94th minute winner!

Sin bin is a good idea I reckon, and the offside rule has to stay (although adaptation is an option).
Extra time, not injury time.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

January 20, 2017, 11:24:30 AM
Reply #14

Jamokachi

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh....

In that case, I'm in favour.