April 23, 2017, 12:31:04 PM

Author Topic: 'Good' players that you just don't rate  (Read 1989 times)

February 28, 2017, 04:07:07 AM
Reply #30

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Kane.

Based purely on the u20 World Cup.

Mentioned it long ago. Not a like in sight. Glewis gets 3 for the same thing. Looks like I didn't click onto the clique...
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Aruna Kone, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 28, 2017, 04:08:11 AM
Reply #31

irishtoffee

Roy Keane.
I'll have to stand up for my fellow cork man here. It's passion and drive that made him not just a good player but a great player. Driving force behind man uniteds dominance during his time and the reason Paul Scholes never needed to learn how to tackle or defend. ( I know you're allowed your opinion but living a mile from where he grew up helped to seal him as one of my all time favourite players)

February 28, 2017, 04:14:28 AM
Reply #32

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Heisenberg thoughts on Lukaku :
If he was English his value would be 10-15.

February 28, 2017, 04:20:15 AM
Reply #33

Major Clanger

Just don't get this at all. As good if not better than Viera.

Nowhere near as good as Vieira for me. Not even in the same league.

In my opinion Keane was just a terrifying, vindictive bully who had a very talented team playing around him, allowing him to do the only thing he could do well: intimidate opposition players.

While Vieira was every inch the player Pogba believes himself to be.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

February 28, 2017, 04:29:19 AM
Reply #34

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Aruna Kone, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 28, 2017, 04:29:29 AM
Reply #35

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber

February 28, 2017, 04:30:50 AM
Reply #36

Gash

Global Moderator

February 28, 2017, 04:33:17 AM
Reply #37

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

February 28, 2017, 04:33:47 AM
Reply #38

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Arjen Robben.

Controversial. He can be good when he wants to be. But I am not a huge fan in general.

February 28, 2017, 04:34:17 AM
Reply #39

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber

February 28, 2017, 04:35:51 AM
Reply #40

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

February 28, 2017, 04:38:45 AM
Reply #41

irishtoffee

Nowhere near as good as Vieira for me. Not even in the same league.

In my opinion Keane was just a terrifying, vindictive bully who had a very talented team playing around him, allowing him to do the only thing he could do well: intimidate opposition players.

While Vieira was every inch the player Pogba believes himself to be.
Most successful man Utd captain of all time and only 13 red cards in his career. Some of the more high profile incidents take away from how good he was 99% of the time. I'll leave it there

February 28, 2017, 04:39:12 AM
Reply #42

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Martial
Lots of potential
Take away the fee

Mardy little twat tho
Heisenberg thoughts on Lukaku :
If he was English his value would be 10-15.

February 28, 2017, 04:42:56 AM
Reply #43

Major Clanger

Arjen Robben.

I liked Chelsea Arjen more than the slightly less one-dimensional player he later became.

I loved it that everybody knew he had one trick, every defender was expecting it, and still he could pull it off time after time.

February 28, 2017, 04:45:01 AM
Reply #44

Major Clanger

Most successful man Utd captain of all time and only 13 red cards in his career. Some of the more high profile incidents take away from how good he was 99% of the time. I'll leave it there

He was a good captain, because he bullied the far more talented, but maybe less driven players around him into performing.

He also got away with some horrible tackles without being sent off, but as we're talking about footballers here, I wouldn't count that as a positive.

There are few footballers I despise more than Keane.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 04:46:09 AM by Major Clanger »