March 25, 2017, 01:46:58 PM

Poll

Would you rather your team:

Cheated and won
16 (61.5%)
Lost honourably
10 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: The Suarez Question...  (Read 740 times)

March 13, 2017, 12:35:34 AM
Reply #30

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Surely gamesmanship is cheating. It is deliberately trying to fool officials any way possible. The refereeing is atrocious nowadays, they know it happens, but, do next to nothing to stop it. Now the powers to be are looking into ' only the captain 'can talk to the ref, how long do anyone think that will last? As for Suarez, he is a class 1 snidely bastard, but is not alone by any means.

Yes and no. Living on the offside line, raising my foot slightly early for a strike at scrum time, holding a player into a ruck are all against the laws of the game but everyone does them to get an edge. Cheating for me anyway are things like the bloodgate scandal with Harkequins, fielding ringers in cup games, taking performance enhancing drugs
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

March 13, 2017, 12:41:25 AM
Reply #31

Major Clanger

Surely gamesmanship is cheating. It is deliberately trying to fool officials any way possible.

Not all gamesmanship is about fooling the officials.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

March 13, 2017, 08:49:29 PM
Reply #32

Mac934

I suppose  Brownie and MC you are both right, there are certain things that are blatant cheating and then the minor discretions that go on all the time. All the pushing, pulling, arm holding etc in the box for set pieces pisses me off, pity more refs don't penalise more often both ways and give out cards like the ref earlier in the season, then it might stop it or at least lessen it.

March 13, 2017, 08:58:04 PM
Reply #33

bacon sarnie

Reckon cheating on the football field may dissipate somewhat if officials turned a blind eye to the likes of Suarez being properly booted up in the air but that's not gonna happen, as its human nature to gain the edge on opposition be it a defender or the coppers or whoever they're shagging.