December 17, 2017, 06:20:13 AM

Author Topic: Jelavic injury serious  (Read 8401 times)

February 23, 2012, 04:16:10 PM
Reply #30

School of Science

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/sport/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2012/02/23/everton-fc-s-nikica-jelavic-eyeing-merseyside-derby-goals-99623-30386004/

" NIKICA JELAVIC has set his sights on becoming a Merseyside derby hero having already been made welcome by the Everton FC family.

Jelavic, who is currently sidelined with a stomach injury, is settling in after his 5.5million move from Rangers last month.

The Croatia international scored 36 goals in 55 games at Ibrox, and is keen to open his Goodison Park account.

Im ready to score against anybody, but especially against Liverpool! said Jelavic.

I know how big those games are for the fans so I will try everything to score when we play them.

Ive not set any targets but, of course, as a striker I expect many goals.

I think team spirit is everything, whichever team youre playing for. But here Ive noticed it especially. I really looks like a family and everyone is looking out for each other.

If the rumours that the derby is to be played on March 20/21st are true then he expects to be fit enough to play by then definitely . I'd say Si's source is looking good .

Like him already ;D
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

deCoubertin

February 28, 2012, 03:55:09 AM
Reply #31

Trowel

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2012/02/27/jela-can-t-wait-for-comeback

Everton striker Nikica Jelavic says he is already desperate to make up for lost time.

A groin problem has restricted the Croat to just 30 minutes of action since he completed a move from Glasgow Rangers on the final day of the January transfer window.

The 24-year-old came through a training session at Finch Farm last week, however, and has now flown home for his country's friendly against Sweden on Wednesday.

Jelavic admits his start to life at Goodison Park has been far from ideal but says he is keen to put things right at the earliest opportunity.

"It's been frustrating for me, believe me," he told evertontv. "I can't wait to get out on the pitch again.

"I think it's been a good thing for me that we have had a two-week break because I have been able to prepare myself well and hopefully I can be ready to get out there soon and show people what I can do."

Despite his personal frustration, Jelavic has been thrilled at Everton's progress in recent weeks.

The forward has seen the Blues defeat Manchester City, Chelsea and Blackpool since his arrival and says the performances have been top-rate demonstrations of why he elected to make Goodison his new home.

"We showed with the three points against Chelsea that we are a big club and we can play against big clubs as well," he said. "It is a big club, my teammates are good and I think we can do good things.

"It's very exciting for me. City and Chelsea are really big clubs and we took six points against them. We can play against anyone I think."

:woohoo:
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

February 28, 2012, 05:02:28 AM
Reply #32

Bigjmill

if everton have let him play in an international then there cant be much risk to him. Made up !
REMOVED FOOTER TO SHUT Sir Stealth Up !

February 28, 2012, 05:12:38 AM
Reply #33

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Can't help but think he will be injured in this match
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...