December 14, 2017, 08:38:34 AM

Author Topic: Straq!!  (Read 1305 times)

November 24, 2017, 05:24:56 PM
Read 1305 times

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/denis-stracqualursi-exclusive-interview-everton-career-goals-city-chelsea-tigre-a8073216.html?amp

Great read.

deCoubertin

November 24, 2017, 05:53:15 PM
Reply #1

Macca77

Brilliant that, made me smile.

November 24, 2017, 06:21:55 PM
Reply #2

Rhys

Spent the whole first half of the season arguing how couldnt play someone of his lack of ability over someone with the ability Saha had even if he looked very poor. Every time he was on the pitch it was a remainder of the financial state of the club at that time that we had sold Yak, Vaughan and even Beckford and replaced them with him.

Without doubt from an ability point of view he is up there with the worst players we've ever had. Yet he walked off the pitch that night against City to one of the biggest and most deserved standing ovations I've ever seen at Goodison. Players have score hat tricks, top performances, winners in massive games but not heard the noise there was for Denis that night when he hadnt even scored the winning goal. First second to last second he was on he gave everything he had and despite his lack of ability he made none of that matter against the team who went on to win the league with the best centre back in the world at the time and another very good one with nothing but heart, effort and a commitment to do everything he could to win the game.

And because of that combined with the lack of ability he had I reckon he could come back to Goodison in 5,10, 20 years time and get a huge reception when people outside of Everton probably wont even remember him being here. And clearly he feels the same as well which is nice. Such a strange story from how we actually got him, how bad he was and leaves with 3 goals a couple of magical performances and he'll go down in cult status as someone people talk about and remember fondly for a long time.

November 24, 2017, 06:40:39 PM
Reply #3

Major Clanger

It proves that football is not really about winning, that;s just an excuse. What it's really about is stories.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

November 24, 2017, 06:46:22 PM
Reply #4

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Boss.

Love the straq.

November 24, 2017, 06:46:50 PM
Reply #5

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
That was one of the best Everton related things ive read in ages. He proper loves us!

I hope he goes in to management and becomes like a young Poch with us :)
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

November 24, 2017, 06:56:38 PM
Reply #6

MmmBlueRamirez

Brought a tear to my eye.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

November 24, 2017, 07:20:40 PM
Reply #7

Gash

Global Moderator
We love a "give it their all" shit player. :)

November 24, 2017, 07:34:01 PM
Reply #8

sirblue57

Great read. Love the way he talks about the club with fondness, despite not being thought of  as a great player.
Can't fault.his attitude or commitment. Unlike some of our current crop.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

November 24, 2017, 07:58:01 PM
Reply #9

Gary1878

You just feel his passion screaming from the page.

It just makes you wonder how much better Lukaku would be if he had Strac's passion and energy. Probably up there with Suarez.

November 24, 2017, 08:05:30 PM
Reply #10

Lxxx

It's why people relate to Niasse in a similar way. Limited in ability but huge of heart. True fans will always give respect to players who give their all on the pitch. After all it's the manager who picks them and it's not their fault they don't have the ability of their peers.

November 24, 2017, 08:17:37 PM
Reply #11

arteta4spain

Not gonna lie little lump in my throat reading that. Shades of Niasse here and it shows what a humble man he is. If wed had players with half his commitment and dedication this season wed probably have gone through the group stages of the europa.
I can forgive a player more for lack of quality than lack of effort.
Imagine Straq and Niasse upfront!

November 24, 2017, 08:40:51 PM
Reply #12

Grand Master C

Imagine Straq and Niasse upfront!

I don't know what it says about me or the state of the team right now, but I would take that !

(And in my little Blue heart I don't actually think they would be that bad of a striking partnership)

November 24, 2017, 08:41:42 PM
Reply #13

Major Clanger

I don't know what it says about me or the state of the team right now, but I would take that !

(And in my little Blue heart I don't actually think they would be that bad of a striking partnership)

They'd certainly cause defenders a lot of headache, one way or another.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

November 24, 2017, 09:17:19 PM
Reply #14

blue slug

We love a "give it their all" shit player. :)

Me and my mate were saying the exact same thing last night gash