Who is going to Win this On Sunday

Romelu Lukaku
7 (11.3%)
Alexis Sanchez
2 (3.2%)
Harry Kane
53 (85.5%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Author Topic: Premier League Golden Boot  (Read 2687 times)

May 19, 2017, 04:47:59 PM
Reply #60

D_murph0278

Rom could learn a thing or two from him, you're right. The thing is, Rom gives the impression that he can learn f**k all from anyone, despite what he says in interviews to Henry and the likes. I personally don't give a s*** when he leaves, we'll carry on improving whilst Koemans here, Rom or not.
"One for Lineker to chase and just look at his pace."

deCoubertin

May 19, 2017, 04:49:31 PM
Reply #61

Cozzie

Oh boo hoo Lukaku. He downed tools last season and has done the same this season.

If he moves I hope as he is leaving he whacks his little toe on the door frame walking out, and that it hurts for ages.

May 19, 2017, 04:55:16 PM
Reply #62

Rodenplav64

It doesn't really make much difference as he is off but it would have been nice that the Golden Boot winner was playing for us . I am just fucked off by Leicesters attitude towards Ranieri and to this game . There players just couldn't be arsed and there is a little part of me that wishes to see them struggle next season . Most members of the Chelsea supporters club seem to think the deal was done and dusted weeks back and it would appear so did Lukakus scoring boots . Still it was good while it lasted and we move on just as we always have .

May 19, 2017, 04:56:39 PM
Reply #63

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I wonder if Rom had a scouse accent he would get this much blame.

I doubt spurs fans were ready to say to Kane "oh it was your fault you never got golden boot".

Whether it's right or not, I think in Lukakus head he will think hes dragged this team to 7th, nearly on his own, and if he had better players around him then he would have finished top scorer by some margin. Maybe I'm wrong and he will completely blame himself.

"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

May 19, 2017, 05:27:59 PM
Reply #64

MartinezsLeftTeste

I wonder if Rom had a scouse accent he would get this much blame.

I doubt spurs fans were ready to say to Kane "oh it was your fault you never got golden boot".

Whether it's right or not, I think in Lukakus head he will think hes dragged this team to 7th, nearly on his own, and if he had better players around him then he would have finished top scorer by some margin. Maybe I'm wrong and he will completely blame himself.

No I think you're completely right and that's his problem. Rather than roll his sleeves up and run the channels and battle he'll blame every fucker else. He's a very good goalscorer who thinks his shit doesn't stink. He could score 30 goals next season for Chelsea and still they won't love him. He needs to do more when it's not going well

May 19, 2017, 05:30:56 PM
Reply #65

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
It's no-ones fault as you can't stop someone from scoring in games that you're not playing in.

Lukaku had a great run of form at home from the start of the year which really boosted his total.

He hasn't scored too many away from home since the turn of the year so the last two away games aren't due to him not being bothered or giving up.

Add in Spurs being better than us, particularly away from home and is it really surprising that Kane has continued to score?

Also any argument that he's selfish or too big for his boots is a bit nonsensical when we're talking about an individual award. Surely he'd be desperate for it if he was so self centred?

Players also have good runs of form at different points in the season.

May 19, 2017, 05:51:16 PM
Reply #66

formerKHL

He'll have no one else to blame but himself for not winning it.

how do you work this out?....

I always thought it was a team game...and as a centre forward a lot of your goals are made for you by the team !! Granted some goals you work for yourself (ala his against Chelsea last year)......

The only thing this works out as for me is that.....if he'd of won it he would have been touted as "the golden boot winner" to potential clubs/buyers....as he's not won it he'll be touted as "the golden boot contender in a lower team".......

May 19, 2017, 06:09:07 PM
Reply #67

nwatson

He probable will think the rest of the team let him down in creating chances. Fact is he scores alot of his goals when we are already in front and teams are chasing the game leaving him some extra space. He very rarely creates that extra space himself, and perhaps if he actually tried walking the walk of a top striker instead of talking the talk, he may well have scored a few more goals. (and i,d have got my fecking bet up LOL)
I hoped we would have got another season out of him, and also thought the best thing to do was hold on to him regardless.  Unfortunately given his attitude, and lack of visible effort at times, if he isnt signing a new contract then sell him asap. with the funds we could purchase 2 strikers and someone like siggurdson to replace his goals.

May 19, 2017, 06:52:47 PM
Reply #68

Lxxx

I can't think of a player who has divided opinion so much in our recent history. I suppose their is a part of me that would like to see an Everton minus Lukaku but with a pot of cash for Koeman to use his experience and knowledge to re-invest. Only then will we see how good he was or how we as a team can progress when literally everything isn't geared towards one player.

That statement may come and bite me on the ass next season if he disappears and we flop but such is life. He's one player and his move is inevitable. As a club we're bigger than him and if we do take a step back to take two forwards then so be it. As it happens I don't think we will as 7th should be our minimum position now with where we are in the pecking order so we'd have to seriously screw up our recruitment to end up back in Martinez-territory again.

May 19, 2017, 06:58:45 PM
Reply #69

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I can't think of a player who has divided opinion so much in our recent history. I suppose their is a part of me that would like to see an Everton minus Lukaku but with a pot of cash for Koeman to use his experience and knowledge to re-invest. Only then will we see how good he was or how we as a team can progress when literally everything isn't geared towards one player.

That statement may come and bite me on the ass next season if he disappears and we flop but such is life. He's one player and his move is inevitable. As a club we're bigger than him and if we do take a step back to take two forwards then so be it. As it happens I don't think we will as 7th should be our minimum position now with where we are in the pecking order so we'd have to seriously screw up our recruitment to end up back in Martinez-territory again.

Very well said

May 19, 2017, 07:10:15 PM
Reply #70

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Very well said

Or I'd like to see us with a pot of cash and Lukaku.

;)

May 19, 2017, 07:23:30 PM
Reply #71

BlueNoseMike

It's a weird one, Barkley to a lesser extent is another that people are divided on. Fuck I'm divided on both of them on a match to match basis. The key word for Rom is consistency. This mini goal rut isn't his first and he has had much larger ones. Also he's one of the best at a small range of stuff, he must be more all round complete to be considered elite (or even on a level with Kane)

Just reading then that in the period since Kane broke into the Spurs team at start of 14/15 Kane has gone 4 games without scoring a goal in Prem 3 times (which includes at the start when he was coming on as a sub)

In the same period Lukaku has gone 4 games minimum on 5 ocassions, including two 6 game goalless streaks and one 10 game streak

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 07:34:10 PM by BlueNoseMike »

May 19, 2017, 07:28:30 PM
Reply #72

ally2

Rom goes through phases which is normal. However it is crystal clear that he is not one to close down or run the channels. That could be because he's told not to our for whatever reason he's not arsed. But I've always found it hard to warm to him because players of his equivalence do what he does and more. That and seeing his name is the transfer gossip column every week for the last two years. I'm looking forward to a more cohesive and consistent style of play throughout the team when he goes, even if it will likely take while to foster initially.

May 19, 2017, 07:37:19 PM
Reply #73

BlueNoseMike

Apparently if you take Lukaku's goals away we'd have still finished 7th. This belief he has single handedly got us there is a myth too, can we stop with that? Yeah ok he's goals may have took the wind out of teams sails and stopped a comeback but still it won't be a total disaster if he leaves

Deffo want him to stay though, which just shows how much of an enigma he is

May 19, 2017, 07:41:40 PM
Reply #74

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Apparently if you take Lukaku's goals away we'd have still finished 7th.

That sounds like bollocks.