Who is going to Win this On Sunday

Romelu Lukaku
7 (11.3%)
Alexis Sanchez
2 (3.2%)
Harry Kane
53 (85.5%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Author Topic: Premier League Golden Boot  (Read 3698 times)

May 19, 2017, 07:41:53 PM
Reply #75

Lxxx

Apparently if you take Lukaku's goals away we'd have still finished 7th. This belief he has single handedly got us there is a myth too, can we stop with that? Yeah ok he's goals may have took the wind out of teams sails and stopped a comeback but still it won't be a total disaster if he leaves

Deffo want him to stay though, which just shows how much of an enigma he is

Not sure real life works like those stats seem to think it does.

We've all got an opinion and there is no right or wrong one so we'll just have to see what the summer brings. Although I am confident with the structure we now have in place that if he does go we'll be in a better position to build than in recent seasons.

deCoubertin

May 19, 2017, 07:46:05 PM
Reply #76

BlueNoseMike

That sounds like bollocks.

It does doesn't it but it's not

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/would-everton-without-lukaku-you-13057410

Like I say I do still think the goals have an impact, even if merely extending a lead. Much easier to defend a 2 goal lead with 10 minutes to go then it is a 1 goal lead. But this sort of stat should put people's minds at ease really.

Having said that, I suppose our ambition isn't to remain 7th, it's to get 4th. Think we can spread his 24 goals across 2 or 3 players and add an extra 5 - 10 on top is an achievable aim

May 21, 2017, 02:50:58 AM
Reply #77

Mikep1878

I can see Kane winning this and honestly think he deserves to, he missed a few games due to injury to, so to be top with less games played then it's fully deserved

May 21, 2017, 06:40:01 AM
Reply #78

Bluedylan

I can see Kane winning this and honestly think he deserves to, he missed a few games due to injury to, so to be top with less games played then it's fully deserved

26 in 29 games apparently. Alright he takes pens and Rom doesn't, but that's still some record.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

May 21, 2017, 06:44:57 AM
Reply #79

Shogun

Administrator
Starting to think that U20 World Cup might not have been an accurate reflection of Harry Kane's ability, you know.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

May 21, 2017, 01:01:55 PM
Reply #80

Zoolander

NSNO Subscriber
Kane is a weird one - can't bring myself to like him and when I watch him play I don't see a good player at all. When you look at his record though I'm clearly not seeing something.
Perhaps my deep dislike of Spurs taints everything I see of him.

May 21, 2017, 02:40:28 PM
Reply #81

KoemansNumberTens

Starting to think that U20 World Cup might not have been an accurate reflection of Harry Kane's ability, you know.

Remember him on loan and then coming on for Spurs in Europa games. He genuinely looked a bit shit. Looks now like he might actually break shearers record

May 21, 2017, 02:46:08 PM
Reply #82

Bob Sacamano

He was a proper donkey. I'm blown away by his progression. When he couldn't score at the start of the season I was confident that he'd reverted to type, but he's made me look foolish once again.

May 22, 2017, 04:42:36 AM
Reply #83

eyesalwaysblue

Kane's grafted to make the improvement in the aspects of his game he looked to lack,
fair play to the spurs get
I still despise Clive Thomas..

May 22, 2017, 05:34:23 AM
Reply #84

Rhys

I'm still 100% adamant it did reflect it at that point! But not now, the work he must have put in to get to the level he is at is incredible.

May 22, 2017, 05:42:42 AM
Reply #85

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'm still 100% adamant it did reflect it at that point! But not now, the work he must have put in to get to the level he is at is incredible.

He does still remind me of Jermaine Defoe in that I think he is just really good at getting an inch and blasting the ball extremely hard in a straight linr and on target and fair play to him, they've been incredible this year and a real template for other teams.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 22, 2017, 02:35:37 PM
Reply #86

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
you can't underestimate the importance of the creative midfielders at Spurs, which has enabled Kane to score these goals. This is where we need to improve next year.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

May 22, 2017, 02:43:17 PM
Reply #87

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Kane is amazing. He won me a couple of fantasy footy leagues yesterday so nice one, Harry

He should be a beast at the World Cup next summer, but hopefully he will stay away from corners and free kicks

One of my least favourite things is people copying that Ronaldo style of free kicks - it doesn't even work for him most of the time

Just get in the box ready for the rebounds HK!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

May 22, 2017, 02:49:31 PM
Reply #88

Macca77

One season wonder that Kane fella isn't he