Mark Hughes
Chris Coleman
Duncan Ferguson
Koeman to remain in charge
AN Other
Manuel Pellegrini
Sean Dyche
Diego Simeone

Author Topic: Who should we go for?  (Read 80492 times)

November 29, 2017, 11:25:53 PM
Reply #3060

Topper

I know some of the names on here were probably never going to happen but Allardyce getting 9 votes out of 221 cast tells us all of the popularity this appointment has brought.

deCoubertin

November 30, 2017, 12:46:35 AM
Reply #3061

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
https://twitter.com/uppergwladysblu/status/935589004627636224

Interesting take on the other managers we were linked with.

November 30, 2017, 02:02:23 AM
Reply #3062

kramer0

Always good to rely on agents to conduct your managerial search.

There are consulting agencies capable of helping us search the world for the right personnel. And they probably cost a small fraction of what we pay [insert player or staff member you hate here, you should be able to think of plenty]. I wish Moshiri and Kenwright would admit they don't have a clue and get help from someone (or some group) who does.

November 30, 2017, 02:17:29 AM
Reply #3063

Ridge

I wonder if not having an agent with a pool of talented young players was deemed a major part of the issue with recruitment.

November 30, 2017, 04:28:51 PM
Reply #3064

Bluedylan

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 30, 2017, 04:41:26 PM
Reply #3065

Waltzer

It was well documented that Moshiri had met him, so dont know what the tweet refers to as it was common knowledge?

Everton's manager hunt appears set to lead them to veteran manager Sam Allardyce, with The Times reporting he could be appointed as soon as today.

It would be a pragmatic appointment for the here and now considering their poor league form, but not the long term one they need.

Majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri has been trying to think big, and has been reaching out to Europe's best known agent, Jorge Mendes.

Often referred to as a 'super agent', Mendes' advice and connections have played a part in Wolves shaping their current Championship table topping side.

The Independent reported that Mendes was behind the recent Everton job interview held between Moshiri and Shakhtar's Paulo Fonseca.

Mendes was reportedly present for the meeting, but the Ukrainian club have now blocked Fonseca's exit even though he was keen on a move.

Everton also reached out to Mendes to enquire about Wolves boss Nuno Santo earlier this month, a move which was blocked, The Express and Star report.

Moshiri's efforts may not have paid off on this occasion, but Mendes is a smart contact for Moshiri to have onside.

This connection could even show benefit in the upcoming transfer window, and the Everton chief deserves some credit for trying to think big, and outside the box, even if it has not exactly been the smoothest of transitions between managers.

November 30, 2017, 04:46:09 PM
Reply #3066

Lazarou

Seems to me a managerial appointment is a complete shot in the dark especially in the Premier League, there are so many factors that could make it successful or make it fail. I don't think any owner or chairman has a clue just luck of the drawer.

Promoting from within, next big thing, under the radar, safe pair of hands there appears to be no magic bullet.

November 30, 2017, 09:49:58 PM
Reply #3067

KoemansNumberTens

I know some of the names on here were probably never going to happen but Allardyce getting 9 votes out of 221 cast tells us all of the popularity this appointment has brought.

In fairness wipe out all the impossibles and unsworth who most aren't still lean on and have many got more than 9

November 30, 2017, 11:23:48 PM
Reply #3068

Tinga

Soooo shouldn't he have signed by now?

November 30, 2017, 11:25:27 PM
Reply #3069

Fynci

Soooo shouldn't he have signed by now?

Confirmed on BBC and Sky Sports
Cool + 380
Tool - 0

November 30, 2017, 11:28:41 PM
Reply #3070

Tinga

November 30, 2017, 11:30:42 PM
Reply #3071

Ross

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 30, 2017, 11:36:44 PM
Reply #3072

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Seems to me a managerial appointment is a complete shot in the dark especially in the Premier League, there are so many factors that could make it successful or make it fail. I don't think any owner or chairman has a clue just luck of the drawer.

Promoting from within, next big thing, under the radar, safe pair of hands there appears to be no magic bullet.

Spouting common sense on here will make you few friends.☺
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.