December 14, 2017, 02:24:26 PM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 28817 times)

October 30, 2017, 02:46:32 AM
Reply #255

Lxxx

Hes a gobshite, but not sure what to make of this comment?

If it's true I hope it doesn't cause a rift, had enough of them.

https://twitter.com/Joey7Barton/status/924714884817965062

He also said Unsworth was a glorified PE teacher on Talksport today. Can someone just chin the fucker.

deCoubertin

October 30, 2017, 03:26:12 AM
Reply #256

Rhys

I don't see the point in having a striker to make it stick when he can't score goals anyway.

At least Niasse has a knack of scoring terrible goals

That performance from Niasse today showed why Koeman was so keen to ship him out and showed what pretty much everyone thought of him before Koeman came in. He didnt deserve the treatment he got but he is a poor player no way near the standard of a player we should be using.

I know he has got a few goals but you cant have a player in the team that has no idea himself what to do in a lot of situations. The shot he had where spannered it wide, the position he was in you have to curl for the top corner he strikes with a technique that sends it away from goal. The cross down in the corner, you are facing away from goal at a tough angle hitting as hard as you can like you are shooting isnt going to do anything other go behind straight away. He did a few of them for Hull cant understand what goes through the head at that point. And that touch when rooney played him in, not even close to be able to get near the ball to do anything with it.

DCL is very minimal goal threat and really shouldnt be starting for us but there are no options. Niasse certainly starting games and absolutely on his own is just not possible in my opinion. Touch awful, no awareness and I'd be amazed if the players arent hesitant about giving the ball to him.

It is very desperate times that DCL is a regular starter for him and that Niasse is the next option as I dont think either are as good as Enner Valencia and he got ridiculed last season because he wasnt very good either.

October 30, 2017, 03:32:47 AM
Reply #257

Rhys

As for Unsworth what I found strange was he made such a big thing about wanting wide players in the team, lots of crosses. We have the first half today where Lennon was one of the better players, Mirallas involved to a point. The big problem was being wide open, the two centre midfielders were awful in the half and we left them too much space to break on us. Then he changes it and goes ultra narrow second half, if width is the way you want to play like he stated then why not try and solve the problem in the middle and try and get a grip on the game that way without completely ripping up your plan and trying something completely different second half?

I know Sigurdsson has been poor but we know the level he can be so not sure why he is so far down the list to be used given our problems creating and scoring.

It's like he thought the crowd want width and us to be adventurous so went to be bold. However when we are playing this badly it isnt easy to switch it to being good to watch, attacking and creating lots of chances. Normally it comes from being solid, get a few results and when confidence comes the team improves. Just feels like should have made sure that middle was more secure first half either by having a midfield 3 and not playing Rooney or DCL, or made sure Rooney and the wide players tucked in more when we lost the ball.

October 30, 2017, 03:34:32 AM
Reply #258

Lxxx

Joey Barton slams Everton manager David Unsworth

http://dailym.ai/2zYFRSb

Can someone just do this gobshite.

October 30, 2017, 03:38:57 AM
Reply #259

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
That performance from Niasse today showed why Koeman was so keen to ship him out and showed what pretty much everyone thought of him before Koeman came in. He didnt deserve the treatment he got but he is a poor player no way near the standard of a player we should be using.

I know he has got a few goals but you cant have a player in the team that has no idea himself what to do in a lot of situations. The shot he had where spannered it wide, the position he was in you have to curl for the top corner he strikes with a technique that sends it away from goal. The cross down in the corner, you are facing away from goal at a tough angle hitting as hard as you can like you are shooting isnt going to do anything other go behind straight away. He did a few of them for Hull cant understand what goes through the head at that point. And that touch when rooney played him in, not even close to be able to get near the ball to do anything with it.

DCL is very minimal goal threat and really shouldnt be starting for us but there are no options. Niasse certainly starting games and absolutely on his own is just not possible in my opinion. Touch awful, no awareness and I'd be amazed if the players arent hesitant about giving the ball to him.

It is very desperate times that DCL is a regular starter for him and that Niasse is the next option as I dont think either are as good as Enner Valencia and he got ridiculed last season because he wasnt very good either.

Iíve never really rated Mirallas up top, always thought that option was a non-starter but due to our appauling options and the fact he doesnít offer much from the wing he might be something of a goal threat up top. Not a target, but maybe a through ball from Rooney to Lennon would be up his street. I just donít think this DCL approach can keep going, aside from the game against Man City itís so non-effective.

Our attacking options must be the worst in the league. Or very close to it. I was even starting to wonder if there are any free agents out there, itís that bad.

Maybe with Barkley back soon we can do away with Rooney in midfield and have him up top with another.

October 30, 2017, 03:41:08 AM
Reply #260

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Joey Barton slams Everton manager David Unsworth

http://dailym.ai/2zYFRSb

Can someone just do this gobshite.

It's not like Joseph to say something derogatory like this
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 30, 2017, 03:43:54 AM
Reply #261

KoemansNumberTens

Niasse was terrible today. He contributed a lot more than DCL though. Least he got himself in positions to fuck it up.
The striker situation is beyond laughable. There's been plenty that have moved that would have signed for us that are infinitely better than niasse and DCL. Not players we would have been originally excited by but players who'd at least allow us to field a competent 11

October 30, 2017, 03:44:13 AM
Reply #262

Rhys

Iíve never really rated Mirallas up top, always thought that option was a non-starter but due to our appauling options and the fact he doesnít offer much from the wing he might be something of a goal threat up top. Not a target, but maybe a through ball from Rooney to Lennon would be up his street. I just donít think this DCL approach can keep going, aside from the game against Man City itís so non-effective.

Our attacking options must be the worst in the league. Or very close to it. I was even starting to wonder if there are any free agents out there, itís that bad.

Maybe with Barkley back soon we can do away with Rooney in midfield and have him up top with another.

Whenever I've watched a PL game this season I look and think would all the strikers on the pitch get in our team. When I can't find many arguments against Sam Vokes and Benik Afobe getting in our team you know we are in serious trouble in that position!!

October 30, 2017, 03:48:11 AM
Reply #263

Coyb12

Niasse was terrible today. He contributed a lot more than DCL though. Least he got himself in positions to fuck it up.
The striker situation is beyond laughable. There's been plenty that have moved that would have signed for us that are infinitely better than niasse and DCL. Not players we would have been originally excited by but players who'd at least allow us to field a competent 11
Niasse is a turd of a player and Lewin is like having a 14year old playing up front his movement is none and he is bullied all game his hold up play is shite and I don't give a fuck how old he is,he Is dire.

October 30, 2017, 03:49:57 AM
Reply #264

D_murph0278

Only everton could have all the money they've ever dreamt of and end up like this.
I remember spurs completely blowing the 'Bale money a few years back. Fuck me, out of £150+ million spent this year, we've got a decent keeper and maybe Keane will come good. Oh and we have Niasse and Calvert Lewin as our main strikers with Ashley Williams keeping things 'tight'  at the back.
Fucking laughable.
"One for Lineker to chase and just look at his pace."

October 30, 2017, 03:50:46 AM
Reply #265

GrantyBoy78

Whenever I've watched a PL game this season I look and think would all the strikers on the pitch get in our team. When I can't find many arguments against Sam Vokes and Benik Afobe getting in our team you know we are in serious trouble in that position!!
I made this comment a few weeks ago - I said Glenn Murray would walk into our team and was slaughtered for it...wasnít suggesting him as a signing, just said heís better than we have...

October 30, 2017, 03:52:26 AM
Reply #266

Waltzer

Didnít Sigurdsson spend some time up front for Swansea, might be worth consideration?

October 30, 2017, 03:54:31 AM
Reply #267

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

Ok free agents:

BenoÓt Trťmoulinas for Left Back.

Giuseppe Rossi for striker alongside Cheick Diabatť.

Woot. All our problems solved :)

October 30, 2017, 03:55:19 AM
Reply #268

KoemansNumberTens

Niasse is a turd of a player and Lewin is like having a 14year old playing up front his movement is none and he is bullied all game his hold up play is shite and I don't give a fuck how old he is,he Is dire.

I completely agree. Even when people talk about the moments he does well it's stuff like a clever flick or good hold up play to win a throw. If these were the bread and butter he'd look promising but these are the highlights. I hope he goes on to become a great player but I just don't see it and in footballing terms he really isn't that young. He wouldn't get in any other premier league team.

October 30, 2017, 03:56:00 AM
Reply #269

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Didnít Sigurdsson spend some time up front for Swansea, might be worth consideration?

Only as a ďfalse 9Ē.

Really donít think it should be so hard to get him and Rooney in the same team.