August 24, 2017, 12:29:43 AM

Author Topic: Who To replace Lukaku?  (Read 11998 times)

August 13, 2017, 04:56:12 AM
Reply #165

Ross

It seems like there is a list of options we're pursuing, but we can't make them sign for us.  I don't think it's unreasonable to sign someone who's not a long term target if we can't get who we'd like to in the first place, it certainly seems better than just signing no one.

This is all very hypothetical anyway, I think it's fine to be disappointed if we end up signing a "stop-gap" but it's a bit mental to be considering that as a huge failure considering the myriad of variables that exist in the transfer market.

Does it? We seem to have tunnel vision with regards to the pursuits of Sigurdsson even though every man and his dog has balked at the price, and I'm yet to see any alternatives to Giroud being suggested in the media either.

It looks like we've set our sights on two players and haven't deviated at all from these since the beginning and as of yet its a game of poker we're not winning. Moshiri himself said it's a very short window of opportunity to bridge the gap I doubt he thought we'd be making "stop gap" signings with the Lukaku windfall when he said that at the AGM.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

deCoubertin

August 13, 2017, 05:42:38 AM
Reply #166

Trowel

A load of noise about Kalinic this evening, but from what I can tell he's almost certainly off to Milan.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

August 13, 2017, 05:45:00 AM
Reply #167

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Schick's move to Juve has broken down. Inter Milan are looking at him, and Sampdoria want £20m+ for him apparently.

Him and Dolberg/Dembele please.

Have there been any substantial links to Dolberg? I suppose Ajax not being in the CL qualifiers anymore couldn't hurt.

Would like to get in a younger player myself, albeit I would've been happy with Giroud. Belotti is still my pie in the sky shout and he has a release clause for non-Italian clubs, but pretty unrealistic.

August 13, 2017, 06:38:39 AM
Reply #168

everton1952

Lower our sights to insure against the possible failure to sign any top class striker before the end of the window and go for Troy Deaney. Honest hard working goal scorer. Better than nothing at all and should not cost much.

August 13, 2017, 07:02:46 AM
Reply #169

Buck76

Belotti would be the Ultimate move for me too, spend all the Lukaku fee on a direct replacement who's not on mad wages & at a mid level club.  Unfortunately just can't see it happening and it might just be a step too far into the madness of transfer fee's but what a great statement it would be...

August 13, 2017, 10:12:02 AM
Reply #170

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Lower our sights to insure against the possible failure to sign any top class striker before the end of the window and go for Troy Deaney. Honest hard working goal scorer. Better than nothing at all and should not cost much.

*shudders*

Although he probably is of the type Koeman would go for. Not for me though.

August 13, 2017, 03:22:26 PM
Reply #171

Mayor Farnum

Grim.

August 13, 2017, 03:26:57 PM
Reply #172

MartinezsLeftTeste

Be alright if he was genuinely cheap but I wouldn't be surprised to be quoted 35-40m in this market.

August 13, 2017, 03:52:59 PM
Reply #173

Gumpinio

Have there been any substantial links to Dolberg? I suppose Ajax not being in the CL qualifiers anymore couldn't hurt.

Don't recall where, but I read somewhere he is off to Monaco
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

August 13, 2017, 05:05:36 PM
Reply #174

D_murph0278

We seem to be throwing all our available money at Sigurdsson and leaving ourselves with a small amount for a striker and defender.
Scary thing is, we should be throwing the £50 million on a Lukaku replacement, not really worrying about Sigurdsson and getting someone who can play in a 3 at the back. Plus, we are more desperate than ever for some sort of pace in the side.
Trying players out of position for the 1st time in our opening fixture of the season was a real worry yesterday.

I'd go all out for Benteke me. What a dangerous player to have in the squad.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 05:07:57 PM by D_murph0278 »
"One for Lineker to chase and just look at his pace."

August 13, 2017, 05:10:18 PM
Reply #175

stirlingblue

Didn't they turn down a £30m bid for him last year?

..and that was before the crazy prices started

August 13, 2017, 05:48:21 PM
Reply #176

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I want Sigurdsson and a striker, and I do think we will get the deals done or else Koeman will be fuming.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 13, 2017, 06:04:24 PM
Reply #177

Hannibal Lecter

We did that with Martina and listen to people now...
Jönköpings Södra IF

August 13, 2017, 06:08:07 PM
Reply #178

SANA_DR0

im sure we will get the players Koeman wants..

i would prefer a younger striker, so we can build a team,  Dolberg would be the one for me, along with VVD in defense..

then hopefully drop Klaassen along side Gana and Davies.. (to make a 3)

August 13, 2017, 06:36:44 PM
Reply #179

hill135

Milik from Napoli.