August 24, 2017, 12:39:56 AM

Author Topic: [News]What is Ross Barkley for?  (Read 16914 times)

March 29, 2017, 12:27:19 AM
Read 16914 times

Everton News

What is Ross Barkley for?

So it happens once again. An England manager calls up an Everton player and doesn't use him.

Source: What is Ross Barkley for?

deCoubertin

March 29, 2017, 03:01:52 AM
Reply #1

terrydarracotsbaldpate

He should announce his retirement from International football and concentrate on the mighty blues.

March 29, 2017, 03:18:19 AM
Reply #2

everton1952

Don't care if he plays for England or not. Maybe he does though. The answer to the question is that he is a well paid Everton professional and is expected to help us climb the greasy pole. 

March 29, 2017, 04:50:37 AM
Reply #3

ally2

Don't care if he plays for England or not. Maybe he does though. The answer to the question is that he is a well paid Everton professional and is expected to help us climb the greasy pole.

Yeah well he needs to sign a contract first. And he'd better do it soon.

March 29, 2017, 09:52:02 PM
Reply #4

formerKHL

I think that's a harshly critical piece...I understand that Barkleys' playing well at the moment and many can rightly argue better than those southgate actually played....however...

These managers cant win....

play a player and he's tired for Saturdays fixtures......"he shouldn't have played him"
Play a player and he gets injured........ "he shouldn't have played him...."
Put a player on for last 15/20 mins.....and it's "what's the point of that"
Don't play a player....and it's "why didn't he play him....."
Pick a player and don't use him at all.........and it's "what's the point of taking him at all...."
Don't pick him for the squad......and it's "why I hasn't he been picked they hate Everton"....

What you have to remember they require a squad of 22 and there'll always be some players don't get picked at all....
and the purpose of friendlies......

Because he's our Ross...I think we should take our blue tinted glasses off....and realise that it may just be.. he realises what Barkley can offer and when best to use him...to get the best out of him...

You also need to remember he's only 2 games into a new job.....and just how "political" a job it is being the England manager

Easy to be a manager on a console.........

You should try the real thing....
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 12:39:46 AM by formerKHL »

March 29, 2017, 10:16:36 PM
Reply #5

Major Clanger

What you have to remember they require a squad of 22 and there'll always be some players don't get picked at all....

That argument works until you realise he was the only outfield player not to have featured at all. While what you say is true, people will moan either way, but there's absolutely no excuse for Southgate's actions. At best it's very poor man-management.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

March 29, 2017, 10:20:03 PM
Reply #6

Ross

That argument works until you realise he was the only outfield player not to have featured at all. While what you say is true, people will moan either way, but there's absolutely no excuse for Southgate's actions. At best it's very poor man-management.

Didn't Cylne sit it out as well?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 29, 2017, 10:25:17 PM
Reply #7

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Yes but not for his 7th consequitive call up.

March 29, 2017, 10:31:49 PM
Reply #8

formerKHL

I understand the sentiment...but disagree with the last bit..after all when koeman left him out it was "good man management"( I know not 7 times)....

March 29, 2017, 10:32:31 PM
Reply #9

formerKHL

although southgate cant be blamed for the first 5 times..

March 29, 2017, 10:32:41 PM
Reply #10

Ross

You can hardly go blaming Southgate for not playing Barkley in fixtures that Hodgson and Allardcye presided over though.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 29, 2017, 10:51:55 PM
Reply #11

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Woah ! Wasn't blaming Southgate at all, why would I ? Just saying.

March 29, 2017, 10:55:57 PM
Reply #12

Major Clanger

I understand the sentiment...but disagree with the last bit..after all when koeman left him out it was "good man management"( I know not 7 times)....

Koeman didn't just leave Ross on the bench, he told him exactly what is happening and why. Of course we don't know whether such a discussion happened or not with Southgate, but from Barkley's reaction we can make an educated guess.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

March 30, 2017, 12:32:32 AM
Reply #13

formerKHL

TBH I'd be gobsmacked if such a conversation never took place....but like you said we'll probably never know until Ross's book comes out.....

March 30, 2017, 12:42:21 AM
Reply #14

MmmBlueRamirez

Eek
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama