October 20, 2017, 12:16:16 PM

Author Topic: [News]What is Ross Barkley for?  (Read 18920 times)

April 05, 2017, 04:23:41 PM
Reply #30

BlueBeagle

Think Osman probably has a slightly better insight into Ross Barkleys abilities than anyone on here tbh

deCoubertin

April 05, 2017, 04:33:18 PM
Reply #31

dazfrancis

If anything, Ross plateaued for 4.5 years and only in the last 4 months has began to kick on.

Those poor decision making habits weren't going to all magically disappear but he has definitely improved SIGNIFICANTLY.

Whether he has the temperament to be the very best I don't think so, he's still a very good player though.

April 05, 2017, 04:36:26 PM
Reply #32

Rodenplav64

Like Lukaku the criticism is fair game by game ( which is how forums on matchdays and preceeding the next game go  ) . It is obvious that in the big games we are too cautious and our ' Big Players ' don't get enough support and therefore make mistakes trying to do too much on there own ( or nothing in Lukakus case against Liverpool ) . I think we got a settled side and then boom Schneiderlin , Coleman , Funes -Mori go and get injured right before our 2 big games . There were times when Rom and Ross gelled and looked great but I think that has dissipated with Lukakus wanting away . A striker who makes space and runs will help Barkley no end as much as Schneiderlin helped out with his other perceived weakness of not tracking back .

April 05, 2017, 05:02:36 PM
Reply #33

BlueNoseMike

But isn't being the player with the "most chances created" considered kicking on? Considering we have a league with the likes of Ozil, Silva, Coutinho and Hazard.

thought it was just by english players. Still impressive mind but the quality in this league isn't english is it?

April 05, 2017, 05:08:49 PM
Reply #34

Major Clanger

Osman on Barkley:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04z2nms

Is this from last year?

Because no way does any of that stand true for the Barkley we've seen in 2017.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

April 05, 2017, 05:46:39 PM
Reply #35

Jamokachi

Osman on Barkley:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04z2nms

Behave Leon, you were nigh on 24 before you broke into the Everton team and even then took a couple of years to cement your place. Players develop at different rates. Plus, he's Barkley's been largely brilliant for us in 2017.

April 05, 2017, 06:33:04 PM
Reply #36

Bluenose 91

I like Osman but he just sounds like a bitter dickhead trying to get himself noticed with a ''controversial'' comment here.

April 05, 2017, 08:39:15 PM
Reply #37

Bob Sacamano

thought it was just by english players. Still impressive mind but the quality in this league isn't english is it?

Could well be. I must have glanced over that part.

April 05, 2017, 08:50:32 PM
Reply #38

Major Clanger

I don't know about chances created, but in terms of key passes (per game), he's quite high up the list

http://www.squawka.com/football-player-rankings#pass-accuracy#player-stats#english-premier-league|season-2016/2017#all-teams#midfielder#16#41#0#0#90#13/08/2016#05/04/2017#season#3#all-matches#keypass#desc#avg

The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

April 05, 2017, 10:47:47 PM
Reply #39

Tinga

I can't be the only one who thinks Ross has been great this season, right?. The criticism of him is so overly harsh.

April 05, 2017, 10:54:17 PM
Reply #40

Bluedylan

I can't be the only one who thinks Ross has been great this season, right?. The criticism of him is so overly harsh.

Nope, I'm with you all the way and there's more of us out there, hiding in the shadows.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

April 05, 2017, 11:08:31 PM
Reply #41

starblood

Load of old shite from Ossie, as usual. Think he's a terrible pundit, never has an original thought in his head and often doesn't have much positive to say about us. Also, Barkley's already a much much better player than he ever was.

I like him as a pundit - he is pretty good. Honest, articulate and knowledgeable.

And IMO Ross has yet to hit the level that Ossie attained as a player (though he has the potential to sky-rocket beyond).

April 05, 2017, 11:20:39 PM
Reply #42

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Nope, I'm with you all the way and there's more of us out there, hiding in the shadows.
No hiding here, im sure everyone knows where I stand on this

Simply simply lovely

April 06, 2017, 12:25:45 AM
Reply #43

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

Im with you
I have to return some videotapes.

April 06, 2017, 12:38:40 AM
Reply #44

Thornton_19

Apart from November/December he has been great. Fantastic since the turn of the year.