October 20, 2017, 12:19:28 PM

Author Topic: Olivier Giroud  (Read 33492 times)

June 07, 2017, 09:16:37 PM
Reply #15

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
What's wrong with Giroud?

Only his age for me. I like him generally as a striker, better than Arsenal fans or the French national team fans give him credit for.

deCoubertin

June 07, 2017, 10:01:32 PM
Reply #16

BlueNoseMike

Well Giroud is most definitely plan B for them when the shit hits the fan.

I'm out.

For a classic number 9 big man upfront his technique is superb, not remember Wilshere's goal a few years back? He is brilliant at bringing other players into play (a perfect foil for Griezmann last year at the Euro's) and is good in the air and has a powerful shot on him (remember when he thundered the bar against us from well outside the box?)

He lacks a bit of mobility and pace that Rom has but in the above areas he is far superior and fits into type of player Koeman likes. I mentioned Giroud as one of 2 signings if Rom was to leave last year, would definitely not say no to the guy.

*also I'm sure I read only Harry Kane had a better goals per minute ratio than Giroud this season. I know maybe some of them goals are as a sub against tired defences but still.

June 07, 2017, 10:05:14 PM
Reply #17

Robioto

What's wrong with Giroud?

He plays in England, every Premier League player we are linked with gets called shit on here it seems.

June 07, 2017, 10:13:33 PM
Reply #18

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I'd well take Giroud
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

June 07, 2017, 10:37:03 PM
Reply #19

D_murph0278

For a classic number 9 big man upfront his technique is superb, not remember Wilshere's goal a few years back? He is brilliant at bringing other players into play (a perfect foil for Griezmann last year at the Euro's) and is good in the air and has a powerful shot on him (remember when he thundered the bar against us from well outside the box?)

He lacks a bit of mobility and pace that Rom has but in the above areas he is far superior and fits into type of player Koeman likes. I mentioned Giroud as one of 2 signings if Rom was to leave last year, would definitely not say no to the guy.

*also I'm sure I read only Harry Kane had a better goals per minute ratio than Giroud this season. I know maybe some of them goals are as a sub against tired defences but still.

Save your time or copy and paste to an arsenal forum..... He's never coming to Everton!
"One for Lineker to chase and just look at his pace."

June 07, 2017, 10:47:35 PM
Reply #20

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

June 07, 2017, 10:52:03 PM
Reply #21

Bluedylan

I'd accept Giroud as an option. Not at all happy if he's the solution, or Rom's direct replacement. His vanity is annoying as well.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

June 07, 2017, 10:55:43 PM
Reply #22

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I'd accept Giroud as an option. Not at all happy if he's the solution, or Rom's direct replacement. His vanity is annoying as well.
He is devishly handsome tho

Simply simply lovely

June 07, 2017, 11:00:37 PM
Reply #23

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
He is devishly handsome tho

He is, BUT ever since someone compared him to Rylan, i have trouble fantasising about him :(

June 07, 2017, 11:44:25 PM
Reply #24

Evertonian in NC

Giroud is certainly a better idea than Vardy or Rooney as a stopgap.  But we also need a Batshuayi or someone of that ilk to be the speed/youth option.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

June 08, 2017, 12:00:19 AM
Reply #25

sixymack

Bonjour.

June 08, 2017, 12:05:06 AM
Reply #26

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
ooooft

June 08, 2017, 12:19:30 AM
Reply #27

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Haha fucking hell.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 08, 2017, 12:46:03 AM
Reply #28

Macca77

June 08, 2017, 12:56:51 AM
Reply #29

TheTone

Giroud never recovered his place after that time he needed time out when he got caught cheating on his missus

Now the prolific Danny Welbeck gets picked ahead of him

Even though he is decent in the air he also looks like and acts like a massive cunt and epitomises the soft underbelly that has been Arsenal over the past few seasons

In conclusion I'm out