December 14, 2017, 02:35:21 AM

Author Topic: Olivier Giroud  (Read 36517 times)

June 08, 2017, 06:44:25 PM
Reply #45

BlueNoseMike

I really rate him. As I've said in another thread he is massively underrated. He's like a much better version of Pelle (although it is a toss of the coin in terms of the sexy bastard stakes).

He holds the ball up well, has good technique on the floor and scores more than his fair share of headers. He guarantees 15+ goals per season (in all comps at least, although he is about that ball park in the league with significant reduction in playing time). He also has fully adjusted to the league and would be less of a risk than the likes of Lacazette, Dolberg and whoever else. Yes I'd love Lacazette to come here but giroud is definitely a realistic and good target.

I'm putting my FM cap on here and I'm aware of it. Arsed

Lukaku (25 goals, 70-80 mil) Valencia (3 goals, end of loan), Barkley (5 goals, 30 mil) = 100 mil and 32 goals

Giroud (potential 15 goals, 20 mil), Sig (potential 8 goals, 30 mil) Batshuyai (potential 8-12 goals, 35 mil), Keita (potential 5-8 goals, 20 mil) = 105 mil 36-43 goals

Now I'm hoping Barkley stays too but it's still all possible, especially when you factor in transfer fee for Del (10 mil) and some others. I reckon we'd still have a fair whack left to improve the defence  (Pickford, Keane, RB, other CB)

deCoubertin

June 08, 2017, 06:47:56 PM
Reply #46

Sixx1402

I'd take him, good target man, knows the Premier League, tall, decent on the ground and f*cking ace in the air

What's not to like?
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

June 08, 2017, 08:04:16 PM
Reply #47

gizzblue

18 goals pretty much off the bench because Professor Yaffle(wenger) doesn't like him .... id take him hes better than most we have ....oh hang on once lukaku pimps his ass to the Chelsea bench we have zero strikers ...DLC and Mirra can't do it.

June 08, 2017, 09:40:57 PM
Reply #48

blue1948

I think Giroud in addition to 2 young pacy forward players (Keita,Dembele, Batshuayi maybe?)would be a decent way to go in replacing Rom and giving us more options

Realistically we're not getting any of the top level marksmen around Europe (Lacazette, Griezmann, Lewandowski, Benzema, Aubameyang etc) are we?

Giroud is the next level down and possibly the type of player we are looking at unless we can pull off someone like Dolberg

(Is this the real life?is this just fantasy footy?) - I don't know if these shouts are just pure fantasy

I'd say we're after up and coming but far from the finished article or not currently making the grade at a big club

I doubt very much whether we will sell Lukaku for 90mil and then replace with 1 90mil striker

It might that someone on here would like to "pull off someone like Dolberg" for FREE

June 08, 2017, 09:52:32 PM
Reply #49

Lincs Toffee

I don't rate his missus much, think she's punching above her weight with him, but although he's a bit of a twat i'd still have him here alongside Batshuayi and/or Keita, I don't think we would see a drop in goals next season if we had those.
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

June 08, 2017, 09:58:32 PM
Reply #50

Evertonian in NC

Giroud could also plausibly have a chip on his shoulder, come in with something to prove, etc.  He seems like he still has plenty in the tank, physically.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

June 08, 2017, 10:45:58 PM
Reply #51

BlueBeagle

Giroud could also plausibly have a chip on his shoulder, come in with something to prove

Like what?

He's a decent player, no more no less. Nobody is saying otherwise.

June 08, 2017, 10:56:47 PM
Reply #52

Evertonian in NC

Like what?

He's a decent player, no more no less. Nobody is saying otherwise.

He believes he was pushed aside unfairly, and deserves to start up top regularly in front of a World Cup.  With the right level of youth/speed behind and around him, perhaps he would be good enough to at least be competitive in Europa and fight for Top 6.

I understand that Top 4 is gone now.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

June 08, 2017, 10:59:01 PM
Reply #53

BlueNoseMike

Giroud could also plausibly have a chip on his shoulder, come in with something to prove, etc.  He seems like he still has PLENTY IN THE TANK, physically.

And a good shot sir

June 08, 2017, 11:07:21 PM
Reply #54

GoodisonPk

I rate him

June 09, 2017, 02:08:57 AM
Reply #55

Juanito

Don't get the Batshuayi shouts. Surely he will be in to provide healthy competion to Lukaku now Costa is leaving.

June 09, 2017, 02:14:38 AM
Reply #56

blue slug

I'd definitely take giroud I think he's a pretty good player, doesn't sulk when in and out of the team either

June 09, 2017, 02:19:23 AM
Reply #57

Evertonian in NC

Don't get the Batshuayi shouts. Surely he will be in to provide healthy competion to Lukaku now Costa is leaving.

He was quoted in an article over here a few days ago saying he really needed to be a starter this season (ahead of the WC).  He then added in "but of course, the club is the boss, so I won't tell them what to do, etc."

Rom being his friend, you would think he would tell Michy that Everton is a very good situation for a young striker to grow and develop.  A 1A/1B situation (necessary with Cup and Europa matches) with him and Giroud seems ideal to me.

June 09, 2017, 02:39:37 AM
Reply #58

Lxxx

Conte didn't rate him. Even when Costa was out he played a midfielder upfront until the last few games when the title was done.
If he could recoup what they paid I'm sure he'd rather sign his own striker.

June 09, 2017, 04:25:45 AM
Reply #59

efcforlife

Don't like his attitude..

Quality player when he's on it though.