November 19, 2017, 01:51:08 AM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 121631 times)

June 17, 2017, 12:19:15 AM
Reply #15

eame

going

deCoubertin

June 17, 2017, 12:21:52 AM
Reply #16

Lxxx

I think he's just been poorly advised. He doesn't strike me as someone blessed with too many brain cells so he should have surrounded himself with people who had wise heads on their shoulders. Looks to me like he was listening to the wrong sort of advice and now he's in a bit of a hole.

June 17, 2017, 12:29:27 AM
Reply #17

toffee_scot

Many of the players are probably on their summer holidays just now. I can imagine that Ross will get his future sorted out next month, whether that means signing a new contract or moving to another club.

June 17, 2017, 12:30:51 AM
Reply #18

Toddacelli

Someone's tried to make a few quid off him and ruined his fucking life.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 17, 2017, 12:48:18 AM
Reply #19

eyesalwaysblue

I still despise Clive Thomas..

June 17, 2017, 12:53:16 AM
Reply #20

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Nah I am still fucking mortified that he might go.

June 17, 2017, 01:19:35 AM
Reply #21

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Who was it who said he was going to leave last winter? This has likely been on the books for a long time.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

June 17, 2017, 02:05:19 AM
Reply #22

SteB

He always felt more like a striker to me, well a second striker of sorts. Still think it'll be a real shame if he leaves, he'll be more worse off than we will that's for sure.

June 17, 2017, 02:12:41 AM
Reply #23

bogie

might be that he has taken the hump he was not offered a new deal last year as most players are with 2 years left

with rom going I would really like to see how ross gets on playing with a frontman that moves a bit more for him

June 17, 2017, 02:31:31 AM
Reply #24

D_murph0278

Nah I am still fucking mortified that he might go.

I'm with you there. I'd rather we kept him over Rom.
"One for Lineker to chase and just look at his pace."

June 17, 2017, 02:47:37 AM
Reply #25

stirlingblue

He always felt more like a striker to me, well a second striker of sorts. Still think it'll be a real shame if he leaves, he'll be more worse off than we will that's for sure.

I've always said that he had the right attributes to be a striker.

He's much closer to a striker than he is a No.10 or a CM

June 17, 2017, 02:47:46 AM
Reply #26

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

I think he's an 8.

He's allergic to the box so he can't be a striker, but he passes the ball well, he's press resistant, he can spray 40 yarders and I think he's got a deep through ball in him he just falters for some reason, and finally he can striker the ball from distance on either foot.

I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 17, 2017, 02:48:33 AM
Reply #27

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Fail to see how he is a striker

Simply simply lovely

June 17, 2017, 02:49:28 AM
Reply #28

Ross

If he suddenly scored goals like Dixie, tackled like Reidy, ran like Bally, passed like Harvey and showboated like McKenzie, Barkley would still have some Everton fans on his back for not having hair like Arteta or reflexes like Southall.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 17, 2017, 02:56:28 AM
Reply #29

Tony hibberts right foot

Im in the really not arsed camp, I will say the same as i say for any player who wants out, if they want to go sell them which goes for rom too. Get someone in who wants to play for us. The club will be here long after them. He just hasn't improved over the last few years where as one of the players he is most like, deli ali has come on leaps and bounds which is exactly why he will waste his time going to spurs.