October 23, 2017, 01:20:04 PM

Author Topic: Sportpesa  (Read 2459 times)

June 23, 2017, 04:39:51 PM
Read 2459 times

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Oh

I would imagine we will be ok but a slight worry

Simply simply lovely

deCoubertin

June 23, 2017, 04:46:13 PM
Reply #1

Lazarou

That gamble has not paid off  :(

June 23, 2017, 04:50:24 PM
Reply #2

Lazarou

It may just affect Kenyan sponsorship?

June 23, 2017, 04:51:11 PM
Reply #3

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
yeah, just teams they sponsor in Kenya.

Its a 'fuck you' to the government for taxing them 35% in a new law

June 23, 2017, 04:55:59 PM
Reply #4

Alanvideo

It may just affect Kenyan sponsorship?
............ (Echo )
SportPesa to withdraw local sponsorships in Kenya

Here’s more on that story from The Star in Kenya

Betting firm Sport Pesa is expected to withdraw sponsorship for local sports clubs and unions beginning January due to the 35 per cent tax on revenue.

The withdrawal will begin on January 1, 2018, CEO Ronald Karauri announced during a meeting at a Nairobi hotel on Friday.

Karauri noted the cost of doing business will be affected by the finance law that President Uhuru Kenyatta signed on Wednesday, days after he had refused to over the threat of gambling.
We are special ,we are Everton.

June 23, 2017, 05:00:08 PM
Reply #5

Lazarou

Not a big fan of gambling and sponsorship etc. But to be fair to Sportpesa they appear to have done a lot for Kenyan sports. May just be gamesmanship.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 05:07:04 PM by Lazarou »

June 23, 2017, 06:45:21 PM
Reply #6

D15TIN

Any idea of how much were getting off these? 'Club Record breaking' is a bit misleading as the chang deal was wank. We should be aiming for big airlines etc, mainstay in the biggest league in the world and back in Europe etc

Umbro + SportPesa is the same as what Hull City had last season, reeks of Elstone accepting second best.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 06:46:23 PM by D15TIN »

June 23, 2017, 06:58:29 PM
Reply #7

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I thought it was £9m PA. Notr sure whether that comes from th eElstone quote that would include the sleeve sponsor as well

June 23, 2017, 07:07:07 PM
Reply #8

hannu

Any idea of how much were getting off these? 'Club Record breaking' is a bit misleading as the chang deal was wank. We should be aiming for big airlines etc, mainstay in the biggest league in the world and back in Europe etc

Umbro + SportPesa is the same as what Hull City had last season, reeks of Elstone accepting second best.

we are not a top team atm, a couple of seasons of mid table shite from Martinez hasn't helped, its gonna take a couple of years of Europe and team progression before we can start commanding impressive sponsorship's

June 23, 2017, 07:10:09 PM
Reply #9

D15TIN

we are not a top team atm, a couple of seasons of mid table shite from Martinez hasn't helped, its gonna take a couple of years of Europe and team progression before we can start commanding impressive sponsorship's
I get that were not gonna get what the top 6 have at the moment in terms of sponsorship, Koeman as manager, lot of international footballers, in the Top Flight every season, in Europe every other year- you would think bigger sponsorships where available, certainly better than Hull City, I bet were only just about in the top half of teams for money from sponsorship in the PL, which is below par

June 23, 2017, 07:34:20 PM
Reply #10

hannu

I get that were not gonna get what the top 6 have at the moment in terms of sponsorship, Koeman as manager, lot of international footballers, in the Top Flight every season, in Europe every other year- you would think bigger sponsorships where available, certainly better than Hull City, I bet were only just about in the top half of teams for money from sponsorship in the PL, which is below par

i doubt the pay hull anywhere near what they pay us

at the end of the day am sure Moshiri isnt stupid, he is an accountant and obviously pretty good at it, am sure its the best deal that was available and i expect it to change again over the next few seasons

June 23, 2017, 07:40:23 PM
Reply #11

formerKHL

I thought it was £9m PA. Notr sure whether that comes from th eElstone quote that would include the sleeve sponsor as well

is that Barkleys sleeve that he's had removed ?

June 23, 2017, 07:51:43 PM
Reply #12

goodtouchforabigman

Not a big fan of gambling and sponsorship etc. But to be fair to Sportpesa they appear to have done a lot for Kenyan sports. May just be gamesmanship.
I'm not too up to date on Kenyan Politics/Economic affairs but I would assume it's safe to say they're not a rich country. So when a Multi Billion Dollar organisation spits their dummy out and says fuck you to a country that desperately needs the money just because they only get to keep 65% of any profit they make from a piss poor population, just sounds a bit shit really. They just sound like cheeky bastards, bit like your Starbucks et al

You seem to know more about them than me so I could be way off the mark?

June 23, 2017, 07:58:04 PM
Reply #13

Alanvideo

i doubt the pay hull anywhere near what they pay us

at the end of the day am sure Moshiri isnt stupid, he is an accountant and obviously pretty good at it, am sure its the best deal that was available and i expect it to change again over the next few seasons

................Sportpesa paid Hull £3m last season ,Chang paid us £5.3m . Everton were ranked about 12th highest deal in the PL . If we get £9m this season we're still miles behind the top 6.
We are special ,we are Everton.

June 23, 2017, 08:01:25 PM
Reply #14

Lxxx

I'm not too up to date on Kenyan Politics/Economic affairs but I would assume it's safe to say they're not a rich country. So when a Multi Billion Dollar organisation spits their dummy out and says fuck you to a country that desperately needs the money just because they only get to keep 65% of any profit they make from a piss poor population, just sounds a bit shit really. They just sound like cheeky bastards, bit like your Starbucks et al

You seem to know more about them than me so I could be way off the mark?

Yeh, I think they should just give all their profits back to the government. Cheeky bastards, asking to keep some to reinvest, keep the company running, expand, advertise and keep people employed. Who do they think they are?