December 14, 2017, 02:45:42 AM

Author Topic: Striker Options?  (Read 10964 times)

June 30, 2017, 04:43:18 AM
Read 10964 times

GrantyBoy78

Just a hypothetical I haven't actually considered; probably just to denial. Lukaku does got for 80m-100m - who replaces him? Seen loads of lazy journalism about Gray/Sandro being Lukaku's replacement but obviously that wouldn't be the case. Most of the Rom threads are about whether he goes or not or which clubs are in for him...or 5-a-side antics.

Had it in my head we'd get Sandro and maybe Gray as 2nd/3rd choice and then a Rom replacement as and when required. I'd like to think Walsh and co. have players lined-up but the ones we've been linked ( Dembele and Dolberg) would be massive risks.

So we have 50m+ to spend on a striker, who do we get? ...that'd want to come...and wouldn't be a massive risk?

deCoubertin

June 30, 2017, 04:51:59 AM
Reply #1

Macca77

Just a hypothetical I haven't actually considered; probably just to denial. Lukaku does got for 80m-100m - who replaces him? Seen loads of lazy journalism about Gray/Sandro being Lukaku's replacement but obviously that wouldn't be the case. Most of the Rom threads are about whether he goes or not or which clubs are in for him...or 5-a-side antics.

Had it in my head we'd get Sandro and maybe Gray as 2nd/3rd choice and then a Rom replacement as and when required. I'd like to think Walsh and co. have players lined-up but the ones we've been linked ( Dembele and Dolberg) would be massive risks.

So we have 50m+ to spend on a striker, who do we get? ...that'd want to come...and wouldn't be a massive risk?

It would be our chance to make a massive statement, I'd love us to go for Keita Balde or Lacazette, problem is, both want champions league and a lot of other clubs would be in for them

June 30, 2017, 04:57:05 AM
Reply #2

Lxxx

We won't spend 50m on a striker because any striker worth that amount will be interesting teams better than us. Besides, looking across Europe no-one attainable stands out.

I'd love to know what shortlist they have for strikers at the minute. I imagine it was the first list they drew up, if it was on the cards you were probably going to lose your best player and top scorer.

June 30, 2017, 04:59:56 AM
Reply #3

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think we'll replace him like for like. Koeman is obviously after other players who would give us goals from other areas of the team.

In fact, I expect us to come out of summer without a net spend, and that would be good. If we can get the next step like that and then have tons of money in reserve for when we have made CL, then we are in a better position to go for the top strikers.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

June 30, 2017, 05:00:50 AM
Reply #4

GrantyBoy78

It would be our chance to make a massive statement, I'd love us to go for Keita Balde or Lacazette, problem is, both want champions league and a lot of other clubs would be in for them

I can't think of an obvious 'Yakubu' candidate, playing for a team below us that would see us as a 'step-up'. This is what we've done historically. And more recently in different positions; getting the likes of Keane, Bolasie and Pickford - players that can slot-in and immediately improve us.

June 30, 2017, 05:00:52 AM
Reply #5

Bluedylan

Lash 30-40m on Kasper Dolberg, before someone else does.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 30, 2017, 05:03:35 AM
Reply #6

Jay

Was just going to post similar. I dont think Dolberg is that greater risk, though obviously the fee would play a part. But, im sure someone is going to end up paying a fortune for him, and i too would very much like to get him before that is the case

June 30, 2017, 05:03:43 AM
Reply #7

Mayor Farnum

Not interested in Gray but I would like us to go British or at least someone proven in the prem.  Mainly to have more confidence in a new arrival hitting the ground running.

June 30, 2017, 05:04:40 AM
Reply #8

GrantyBoy78

Lash 30-40m on Kasper Dolberg, before someone else does.
When I think of strikers tearing up the Dutch league I can't help thinking of Alfonso Alves and Kezman 😢

June 30, 2017, 05:05:24 AM
Reply #9

GrantyBoy78

Not interested in Gray but I would like us to go British or at least someone proven in the prem.  Mainly to have more confidence in a new arrival hitting the ground running.
Agreed, but who? 40m on Rondon? 😁

June 30, 2017, 05:08:17 AM
Reply #10

Bluedylan

When I think of strikers tearing up the Dutch league I can't help thinking of Alfonso Alves and Kezman 😢

Or Luis Suarez or the real Ronaldo or Kluivert etc etc etc. I've only seen a little bit of him in action, but from a lot of reading around, a lot of people think he's going to be a serious player. Forget the league, assess the player.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 30, 2017, 05:08:32 AM
Reply #11

Mayor Farnum

Agreed, but who? 40m on Rondon? 😁
Oh I know I've stated the obvious part.

June 30, 2017, 05:12:20 AM
Reply #12

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Vardy or Giroud. Or someone like that
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

June 30, 2017, 05:14:08 AM
Reply #13

arteta4spain

Not to lash loads of money at but Giroud has been mentioned a lot on here. He proven in the prem, yeah he's what 30 but it could be a goer. 

June 30, 2017, 05:15:01 AM
Reply #14

arteta4spain

Vardy or Giroud. Or someone like that
you got the like for Giroud. I'd tool you for Vardy but that'd be slightly harsh! 😉