December 18, 2018, 09:17:59 PM

Author Topic: [News]Can Everton Break Into The Premier League's Top Six This Season?  (Read 755 times)

August 14, 2017, 07:12:14 PM
Read 755 times

Everton News

Can Everton Break Into The Premier League's Top Six This Season?

Big things are expected of Everton this season. Ronald Koeman's men have been active in the transfer market this summer and it wouldn't be a huge surprise to see the Toffees sign another player or two before the window slams shut.

Source: Can Everton Break Into The Premier League's Top Six This Season?

August 14, 2017, 07:41:11 PM
Reply #1

BlueForYou

Yes, at the expense of Liverpool - and with Spurs not so comfortable at Wembley, a good chance

Keep the faith
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

August 14, 2017, 08:05:27 PM
Reply #2

Macca77

August 14, 2017, 08:47:12 PM
Reply #3

Mayor Farnum

Not with the current squad but there is time in the window. However I think away form is critical to assess how good a team really is. We will know we've made the next step when we go to the likes of Stoke, West Ham, Southampton and Newcastle and expect to win comfortably.

August 14, 2017, 09:39:02 PM
Reply #4

Bluedylan

I genuinely think Leicester might present a strong challenge for 7th. They looked powerful, effective and dangerous (with a strong bench), and should've beaten Arsenal. Also, no European football.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 15, 2017, 12:01:36 AM
Reply #5

Mac934

Not with the current squad but there is time in the window. However I think away form is critical to assess how good a team really is. We will know we've made the next step when we go to the likes of Stoke, West Ham, Southampton and Newcastle and expect to win comfortably.
Not bothered about the comfortably bit, but definitely win those games. We certainly need a better mindset away from home, also, bear in mind, can we maintain the home form to back up winning more away games?
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one!

August 15, 2017, 12:55:59 AM
Reply #6

MrWhite

I genuinely think Leicester might present a strong challenge for 7th. They looked powerful, effective and dangerous (with a strong bench), and should've beaten Arsenal. Also, no European football.

Vardy did play very well, but a lot of it was down to Arsenal defending poorly against a team with attitude. Nothing new there. Early days to see if Leicester keep it up, without Kante they will lose more than they win (albeit with high scores)

August 15, 2017, 01:10:07 AM
Reply #7

bacon sarnie

Sign a goalscoring machine and its no probs from me.

August 15, 2017, 01:53:04 AM
Reply #8

BlueForYou

Leicester will have a good season and despite yesterday's heavy defeat, if they can get their act together at home, West Ham should do much better

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

August 15, 2017, 02:05:05 AM
Reply #9

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Much more realistic than top 4.

I'm quite optimistic, I think we could make 6th with the current squad.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"