October 20, 2017, 12:19:42 PM

Author Topic: Striker Options?  (Read 9980 times)

June 30, 2017, 04:23:02 PM
Reply #30

Macca77

Ihenacho and Batshuyi are the obvious options.

Can you just imagine if we went for Lacazette though, got him from under the noses of Arsenal, would be a huge statement

deCoubertin

June 30, 2017, 04:28:31 PM
Reply #31

Robioto

Ihenacho and Batshuyi are the obvious options.

Can you just imagine if we went for Lacazette though, got him from under the noses of Arsenal, would be a huge statement

I would like to think we would have a go.

June 30, 2017, 04:41:54 PM
Reply #32

formerKHL

All the names linked are classed as "quality strikers" because of their price tags....which is the way the world turns nowadays....yet most of them names are "untried" in the prem as stated....

I've always liked the look of Dwight Gayle..now at Newcastle..he's a good goal poacher and with the right service I reckon would score goals for fun...25 in 74 for palace..and wasn't a first choice for Pardew..

got something like 27 goals in 34 appearances for the toon...In what's reckoned as  "the hardest league to get out of"

as a stop gap until a "quality" striker becomes available..if rom goes..i'd hedge my bets on this guy...

sits back and waits for the abuse...haha
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 04:43:48 PM by formerKHL »

June 30, 2017, 04:46:25 PM
Reply #33

Waltzer

I would like to think we would have a go.

Is Lacazette actually that good? He's behind Giroud in the French team after all.

June 30, 2017, 04:52:08 PM
Reply #34

Lxxx

Is Lacazette actually that good? He's behind Giroud in the French team after all.

If Atletico had identified him as the next in line in their long list of proven strikers at the club then he must have something. Quite whether he is already at the 'elite' level he is talked at is yet to be seen though.

June 30, 2017, 04:54:39 PM
Reply #35

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
All the names linked are classed as "quality strikers" because of their price tags....which is the way the world turns nowadays....yet most of them names are "untried" in the prem as stated....

I've always liked the look of Dwight Gayle..now at Newcastle..he's a good goal poacher and with the right service I reckon would score goals for fun...25 in 74 for palace..and wasn't a first choice for Pardew..

got something like 27 goals in 34 appearances for the toon...In what's reckoned as  "the hardest league to get out of"

as a stop gap until a "quality" striker becomes available..if rom goes..i'd hedge my bets on this guy...

sits back and waits for the abuse...haha

Like him, not sure he's quite good enough for us. Think Andre Gray is a better version of Gayle and younger, probably cheaper too.

June 30, 2017, 04:58:10 PM
Reply #36

Hannibal Lecter

If we are still in Europa League in January go for Zlatan.

He still has not won a proper Europa trophy. The one at Utd he won't count since he didn't play the final.
Only thing he wants more would be a place in a CL team who got through group stages. But will there be teams with long term injuries where he could go?
Jönköpings Södra IF

June 30, 2017, 05:06:39 PM
Reply #37

formerKHL

Like him, not sure he's quite good enough for us. Think Andre Gray is a better version of Gayle and younger, probably cheaper too.

I'm not sure on gray TBH..only scores at home....but still a decent forward..

Gayle is 27..in his goal scoring prime...I've always liked him since his early days at Brentford etc..could never get me head around why he wasn't a first choice at palace particularly after banging in goals against that lot over the park (blue tinted glasses on there)....

June 30, 2017, 05:06:53 PM
Reply #38

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Couple of names I'm putting out there.

Rondon
Modeste
Plea
Sanabria
Bakambu

With Sandro and the possible arrival of Gray we've already replaced the goals Lukaku would leave behind. I'd like to see a more complete striker, someone who'll proabably score less that Lukaku but give more to the overall team.

The players I've named above all give that.

June 30, 2017, 05:16:02 PM
Reply #39

Lxxx

If we are still in Europa League in January go for Zlatan.

He still has not won a proper Europa trophy. The one at Utd he won't count since he didn't play the final.
Only thing he wants more would be a place in a CL team who got through group stages. But will there be teams with long term injuries where he could go?

Atletico will be looking for a bit of assistance in January when their ban ends. No-one is going to sell them their star player mid season but he'd be a great boost to slot in to finish the season.

June 30, 2017, 05:20:32 PM
Reply #40

Robioto

True, but he is a completely different type of forward to Giroud so might be more to do with style than ability.

June 30, 2017, 05:22:58 PM
Reply #41

ally2

I fear we will go after Troy Deeney

June 30, 2017, 05:25:36 PM
Reply #42

Macca77

If this happens then prepare yourselves for seeing a grown man cry!!

June 30, 2017, 05:29:24 PM
Reply #43

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

I thought he was boss, but he's gone massiveley off the boil in the last year.

Good footballer, but seems like he's going down the Heskey route of becoming that striker who holds it up but doesnt score

Walsh went all out for him last window for leicester, didnt he. Oh dear

June 30, 2017, 05:35:43 PM
Reply #44

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He scored about 5 goals last season.

Bad season, good player.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.