December 12, 2017, 08:53:48 AM

Author Topic: Everton Membership  (Read 3102 times)

July 13, 2017, 07:14:14 PM
Reply #15

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Here are all of the details which I could find

http://www.evertonfc.com/content/fans/official-membership

Seems like a good deal to me, it's a lot more than just being able to buy a ticket, most London clubs charge more than that just for the right to apply for a ticket and nothing more.

deCoubertin

July 13, 2017, 07:21:44 PM
Reply #16

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I pay 35 for RFU membership just to be able to join the queue to have a chance of getting onto a website for 6nations tickets at Twickenham.

25 to have the chance of getting the only half decent seats left at Goodison is good enough for me. (plus being entered onto the season ticket waiting list. Not sure if it includes European games though, hope it does)

July 13, 2017, 07:34:33 PM
Reply #17

Good_Eye_Sniper

I pay 35 for RFU membership just to be able to join the queue to have a chance of getting onto a website for 6nations tickets at Twickenham.

25 to have the chance of getting the only half decent seats left at Goodison is good enough for me. (plus being entered onto the season ticket waiting list. Not sure if it includes European games though, hope it does)

In the context of the other situations that you mention it seems OK, but I still think it sets a bad precedent. Yes, this may be what it's like at other sporting venues, and perhaps I've just been sheltered from this by our lack of success and the relative ease with which I could buy a ticket until recently. However, you are essentially paying the club for the ability to give them more money. This ticket scarcity is driven by the amount of season tickets that have been sold because they have removed the season ticket cap (which is their right to do, and is probably a sensible move to make the most possible money), and then they benefit twofold because those who can't get, or can't afford season tickets, pay out more for the ability to fight for the scraps of what is left.

July 13, 2017, 07:39:33 PM
Reply #18

Buck76

I was looking at the package for the pre season matches, but because. I am in Abu Dhabi I'm not sure if they will be shown here. Lots of stuff is blocked in the UAE.

Its only 2extra buying them seperate so why not just try it and then your only losing 4 if they block it.
But it's streamed through the website so if you get the highlights you should be fine.

July 13, 2017, 07:50:47 PM
Reply #19

Bally

Administrator
Just a quick question about the Everton Membership Scheme. I know by joining it gives you "priority" access to tickets, but do you know how many tickets you can book? If I'm going to Goodison, I usually go with a friend or family member and it isn't much use if the scheme only allows you to book an individual ticket. I did check the official site, but it doesn't say anywhere in any of their FAQs.

Considering getting a membership to watch the pre-season games but 25 is a bit steep for not much return.
Everton will be committed to trying to give you the ability to buy seats together as much as they possibly can
It's the roll I way

July 13, 2017, 07:50:49 PM
Reply #20

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
I wouldn't be surprised if by having the membership it allows you to buy the matches that season ticket holders can't attend. The Stubhub deal ended and we are yet to hear what's happening with regards to this season.

July 13, 2017, 08:30:06 PM
Reply #21

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber

Are you a member of a local rugby club? That's usually a cheaper way of getting tickets
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 13, 2017, 08:48:19 PM
Reply #22

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Are you a member of a local rugby club? That's usually a cheaper way of getting tickets

Considered joining Waterloo as my old sports teacher was chariman last time i went.
But then i'm one of a few hundred vying for a few dozen tickets.
Tend to have to go into a draw for each match/take part in a loyalty scheme based on matches attended and stuff.

Next time i see Christo i intend on bringing it up haha

July 13, 2017, 09:08:10 PM
Reply #23

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Considered joining Waterloo as my old sports teacher was chariman last time i went.
But then i'm one of a few hundred vying for a few dozen tickets.
Tend to have to go into a draw for each match/take part in a loyalty scheme based on matches attended and stuff.

Next time i see Christo i intend on bringing it up haha

Good club Waterloo. Played against them many moons ago - Austin Healey's first club if I'm not mistaken
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 13, 2017, 09:25:15 PM
Reply #24

Alanvideo

I wouldn't be surprised if by having the membership it allows you to buy the matches that season ticket holders can't attend. The Stubhub deal ended and we are yet to hear what's happening with regards to this season.
..............as we're only 2 weeks away from possibly the first home game ,I think it's fair to assume Stub Hub will be renewed. The system works fine but the club should cap the selling prices.
We are special ,we are Everton.

July 14, 2017, 01:37:21 AM
Reply #25

Simon Paul

Administrator
a few years ago the cheapest Arsenal "card" scheme was 40 a year and that didn't even give you any kind of priority on match tickets!

christ knows what it is now

the only way is up for the prices of this type of thing, especially when we win the league next season

July 14, 2017, 02:27:37 AM
Reply #26

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
In the context of the other situations that you mention it seems OK, but I still think it sets a bad precedent. Yes, this may be what it's like at other sporting venues, and perhaps I've just been sheltered from this by our lack of success and the relative ease with which I could buy a ticket until recently. However, you are essentially paying the club for the ability to give them more money. This ticket scarcity is driven by the amount of season tickets that have been sold because they have removed the season ticket cap (which is their right to do, and is probably a sensible move to make the most possible money), and then they benefit twofold because those who can't get, or can't afford season tickets, pay out more for the ability to fight for the scraps of what is left.

We are talking about 25 pound here you know , look at what other clubs are charging, it's also a way of vetting people who want to buy tickets in order to avoid touts buying and selling on.

July 17, 2017, 03:15:52 AM
Reply #27

Gash

Global Moderator
Anyone else joined and try to buy tickets for the Stoke game?

Never got an email to say they were on sale, a mate text tonight to say he tried to buy some but there was an Error message saying "these tickets are not available to you" then has a redirect link to join the membership so I had a look and got the same message despite joining and paying on the 29th June. Apparently the tickets have been on sale to members since Thursday 13th. What a fucking waste of 25.

July 17, 2017, 03:17:27 AM
Reply #28

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone else joined and try to buy tickets for the Stoke game?

Never got an email to say they were on sale, a mate text tonight to say he tried to buy some but there was an Error message saying "these tickets are not available to you" then has a redirect link to join the membership so I had a look and got the same message despite joining and paying on the 29th June. Apparently the tickets have been on sale to members since Thursday 13th. What a fucking waste of 25.

I got an email confirming the dates. Had a mooch for tickets (didnt really intend on going) about 6 hours after they went on sale but no decent tickets left anywhere really. Could have probably found a single on the last row of the gwlady to be honest.

July 17, 2017, 03:18:43 AM
Reply #29

Gash

Global Moderator
I got an email confirming the dates. Had a mooch for tickets (didnt really intend on going) about 6 hours after they went on sale but no decent tickets left anywhere really. Could have probably found a single on the last row of the gwlady to be honest.

We can't even get a mooch around. It looks like our details haven't been added to the system yet.