August 21, 2017, 03:24:54 PM

Author Topic: Rooney Mania  (Read 2558 times)

July 29, 2017, 01:31:14 AM
Reply #15

MmmBlueRamirez

Could be worse, could be pronouncing it Rewwnoy like Brummies.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

deCoubertin

July 29, 2017, 01:38:26 AM
Reply #16

Trowel

I need more on the pronunciation please .Do you want the chant to sound like the Mancs or what ?
I was saying Boo-urns.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

July 29, 2017, 01:40:57 AM
Reply #17

Ross

It was pretty sickening hearing him called "the boy Rooney" every other sentence in the build up.

God knows what Sky will be like when we face Utd.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 29, 2017, 01:41:02 AM
Reply #18

domingo

Starting this kind of post needs binning. You pay your money you can support whichever player you like. Stop telling people how to support their club you biff, and FFS learn some basic grammar. You have a go at pronunciation and yet can't manage fullstops! Pack it in.

(Now, did you find that needlessly didactic? Hey, it could have been worse, I could have started a thread that way.)

July 29, 2017, 01:45:33 AM
Reply #19

Macca77

It was pretty sickening hearing him called "the boy Rooney" every other sentence in the build up.

Dreading that

July 29, 2017, 02:30:43 AM
Reply #20

eyesalwaysblue

will be bad watching with a bit of permanent sick in your throat..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

July 29, 2017, 02:33:56 AM
Reply #21

Simon Paul

Administrator
will be bad watching with a bit of permanent sick in your throat..

That's how I watch Sky Sports anyway

Full stop

July 29, 2017, 02:38:27 AM
Reply #22

Alanvideo

That's how I watch Sky Sports anyway

Full stop
............recorded the ITV 4 coverage and watched it back ,well some of it. Good to see Ossie and Kevin Campbell . Commentary was ok ,better than Tyler and Neville ripping the arse out of us.
We are special ,we are Everton.

July 29, 2017, 03:42:19 AM
Reply #23

Evertonian in NC

Funny, as someone who was 100% against the signing, I felt kind of bad for Rooney, as he seems to me just trying to be one of the guys out there.

Hopefully the hype will die down soon and nobody will hold it against him (especially if he gets off to a slow start).  Praying NBCSN will be measured and focus on the whole of Everton, as Sandro is our biggest story.

Ironically, as he gets more time on the pitch and defenses swarm to him, Rooney will have room to do his thing and goals will surely follow.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 29, 2017, 09:05:06 AM
Reply #24

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
what a shite thread...
I have to return some videotapes.

August 13, 2017, 01:28:34 AM
Reply #25

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
This was the first ROoney thread I came across to post this:

Rooney set a new Premier League record for the longest gap between two appearances for the same team (4,837 days).
Rooney also set a new Premier League record for the longest gap between goals for the same club (4,869 days).
No player has scored more Premier League goals on the opening day than Rooney (eight - level with Alan Shearer and Frank Lampard).
Rooney's effort was his 300th goal involvement in the Premier League (199 goals, 101 assists), only Alan Shearer (324) has more.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

August 13, 2017, 01:43:29 AM
Reply #26

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Thought he was good today, particularly in the second half. It's a shame Barkley is off as he could learn from him in that role. That run into the box for the goal has been something Barkley has backed away from.

August 13, 2017, 01:51:17 AM
Reply #27

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
How he played today is exactly the type of role I would have expected of Barkley to grow into. He ran the game and was always in control.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

August 13, 2017, 01:57:05 AM
Reply #28

Lxxx

Further evidence today of why Koeman has decided to bin Barkley. There's no way they could play in the same team while Rooney still delivers what he does. Throwing himself into tackles, give and go's, knocking the ball wide and following it into the box to score.  Would have liked that to have been Barkley so we didn't even need to bring Rooney back but we are where we are.

August 13, 2017, 02:55:14 AM
Reply #29

bacon sarnie

He did well today & deserves all the mania he gets - until the next game.