December 17, 2017, 09:53:33 PM

Author Topic: Rooney Mania  (Read 3475 times)

August 13, 2017, 02:58:28 AM
Reply #30

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Aside from the general good play, it was great to see that free kick he won near the end.

Good touch, stand there, take the contact, 30-60 seconds wasted from the game.

No stupid flicks etc. Just sensible play.

deCoubertin

August 13, 2017, 03:01:43 AM
Reply #31

Realist

Bossed the 2nd half today, header was first class. Top performance from a top player

August 13, 2017, 03:04:12 AM
Reply #32

Simon Paul

Administrator
neither he nor Sandro knew where they were meant to be playing in the first half, so it all looked very poor.  plus there was a big gap between midfield and attack where Rooney should have been played - or Barkley if Rooney is the main striker.

second half DCL was played in his correct position and it all looked a lot better with a flat(ter) back four which made Rooney's contribution much more natural to him and therefore better

August 13, 2017, 03:36:13 AM
Reply #33

Tinga

What a great performance in the second half, he controls the game so well and plays such positive passes. If this is Rooney when he is "fat and past it" then we really did miss out on a fantastic player didn't we.

August 13, 2017, 03:37:17 AM
Reply #34

arteta4spain

You can just see that his presence and his experience was on show today. That 30/40 yard cross field pass to Baines was boss. No one on the team has that vision. Klaassen might have but he's still got to find his feet.
Its that kind of decision making we've been lacking for ages.

August 13, 2017, 03:46:12 AM
Reply #35

Ari

oh, and when Scousers chant "Rooney" the "ey" is actually pronounced as an "ee" and not "eh" like the Mancs used to, so if he does anything worthy of a chant then at least do it properly and not like a wool FFS

I always say it with an "ee" so I am a proud-eeeee

August 13, 2017, 05:36:15 AM
Reply #36

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Aside from the general good play, it was great to see that free kick he won near the end.

Good touch, stand there, take the contact, 30-60 seconds wasted from the game.

No stupid flicks etc. Just sensible play.

Yeah, we've lost a lot of that type of sensible (match winning) play in our squad. Pienaar was particularly great at it.

August 13, 2017, 07:42:44 AM
Reply #37

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
neither he nor Sandro knew where they were meant to be playing in the first half, so it all looked very poor.  plus there was a big gap between midfield and attack where Rooney should have been played - or Barkley if Rooney is the main striker.

second half DCL was played in his correct position and it all looked a lot better with a flat(ter) back four which made Rooney's contribution much more natural to him and therefore better

Building attacking players understanding is a massive hurdle.

Wenger incredible at it because he's so ridgid in his style, so when you come on you know what you need to do.

Do feel that koeman's still establishing his style and 'having to make do' with a couple of players, so I can understand if players aren't sure how where or when to act.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 13, 2017, 09:35:03 AM
Reply #38

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
His defensive work was top class too. Shaqiri's corners looked so dangerous but Rooney headed about 3 of them away. Brilliant player. Make him captain dammit.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

August 13, 2017, 10:08:37 AM
Reply #39

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
His defensive work was top class too. Shaqiri's corners looked so dangerous but Rooney headed about 3 of them away. Brilliant player. Make him captain dammit.

Let's not go overboard quite yet. Just one game. I also tend to think we should let him enjoy playing, plus it's less of a "thing" if Koeman needs to have him on the bench for a spell. That and I think Coleman deserves it. Besides, it's not like Rooney stops being Rooney without an armband.

August 13, 2017, 05:45:13 PM
Reply #40

blue1948

Bossed the 2nd half today, header was first class. Top performance from a top player
That is more like it ,have you bought a shirt yet?

August 13, 2017, 05:53:18 PM
Reply #41

Realist

That is more like it ,have you bought a shirt yet?

What?

August 13, 2017, 05:54:11 PM
Reply #42

blue1948

August 13, 2017, 06:24:41 PM
Reply #43

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
With his name on the back .

He has, but they misspelt it Sturridge.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

August 13, 2017, 07:42:27 PM
Reply #44

SANA_DR0

this needs binning at the match

Kevin Mirallas is taking a free kick, so lads near me in the Street End try and get a "Rooney, Rooney" chant going

Davy Klaasen gets fouled so lads by me start shouting "Rooney, Rooney"

heard it from other parts of the Street End as well

pack it in you biffs

oh, and when Scousers chant "Rooney" the "ey" is actually pronounced as an "ee" and not "eh" like the Mancs used to, so if he does anything worthy of a chant then at least do it properly and not like a wool FFS

it used to piss me off, it used to piss me off a lot more, when i heard man utd fans scream rooney rooney over the last 13 years..

i just dont understand how screaming his name will rally the team... would love to hear Rooney Rooney, if  Klop or Mourinho where sent off from the bench.. or if a player playing against us was sent off (or injured) think it would be comical, if the fans went crazy with the Rooney chants...

Rooney chants are best, when the other fans think wtf does rooney have to do with this..
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....