October 20, 2017, 12:18:28 PM

Author Topic: Left back  (Read 5791 times)

August 06, 2017, 12:37:57 AM
Reply #45

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
I'm amazed so many think Baines is past it.. ignoring his vital goal
talking about his deflected goal in Europe or did you mean goals.. If so that was years ago. Jagielka has scored more goals than Leighton the last 2 seasons Like Baines but as I see he has lost pace strengt and confidence. In my eyes one of our weaker links. He has been a great servant for this great club though

deCoubertin

August 06, 2017, 12:38:40 AM
Reply #46

Lxxx

There's no way Garbutt is getting any game time. I get the feeling Koeman has shut the door on any more kids in this squad for this season. He said as much towards the end of last season.

August 06, 2017, 12:47:20 AM
Reply #47

Alanvideo

There's no way Garbutt is getting any game time. I get the feeling Koeman has shut the door on any more kids in this squad for this season. He said as much towards the end of last season.
.........................I'm not saying Garbutt should be in the squad but he's not a kid. In fact he's older than Barkley . Should be moving on ,not playing in the U23's.
We are special ,we are Everton.

August 06, 2017, 05:51:52 AM
Reply #48

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
talking about his deflected goal in Europe or did you mean goals.. If so that was years ago. Jagielka has scored more goals than Leighton the last 2 seasons Like Baines but as I see he has lost pace strengt and confidence. In my eyes one of our weaker links. He has been a great servant for this great club though
Goal in Europe. Given nearly all his goals were set pieces and Rom took over pens and free kicks it's hardly a surprise he scores less these days. But he scored a vital goal. This season. Pace, strength and confidence are all subjective measures (so random opinion) unless you have some facts to back up your personal belief? And his key skill has always been great crosses, I've watched him do this several times this season, despite a lack of link man giving him the regular chances he used to get to put the ball in.
Would love access to the full metrics the club gets, I would lay money they would prove a few people wrong on him being slower or less effective. He's one of the fittest players at the club.

August 08, 2017, 12:41:45 AM
Reply #49

Coyb12

Baines should have long been replaced like jags shot.

August 08, 2017, 12:47:29 AM
Reply #50

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Replaced by who?

He's head and shoulders above anyone we have at the club and he's probably still in the best 3 left backs in the league

Simply simply lovely

August 08, 2017, 12:50:24 AM
Reply #51

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Replaced by who?

He's head and shoulders above anyone we have at the club and he's probably still in the best 3 left backs in the league

We should've probably been looking at getting a left back in to provide good competition 18 months ago.

August 08, 2017, 12:53:25 AM
Reply #52

Ross

A quality fullback would set us back 50m as we've just seen with Kyle Walker.

That's Kyle Walker who only got 2 more assists than Baines last season and scored no goals while Baines got 2.

I reckon we're alright for now while we're still looking desperate for attacking players.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

August 08, 2017, 12:57:47 AM
Reply #53

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We should've probably been looking at getting a left back in to provide good competition 18 months ago.

It's difficult when you don't have money (or even when you do) to commit significant resources to an area that's got a very good player there, when there are much more pressing areas.

August 08, 2017, 12:58:35 AM
Reply #54

Coyb12

Replaced by who?

Of course he is head and shoulders above  anyone else because there is no one else,the lad who went to the shite,Rose,Bertram there is 3 without trying he has been a good player but Been is the key word.

August 08, 2017, 01:02:29 AM
Reply #55

Coyb12

A quality fullback would set us back 50m as we've just seen with Kyle Walker.

That's Kyle Walker who only got 2 more assists than Baines last season and scored no goals while Baines got 2.

I reckon we're alright for now while we're still looking desperate for attacking players.
Is that what the shite payed for Robertson or was it 8.

August 08, 2017, 01:25:02 AM
Reply #56

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I agree with competition yes
We also should have sorted a left midfielder out in martinez first season too

Simply simply lovely

August 08, 2017, 01:26:27 AM
Reply #57

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Of course he is head and shoulders above  anyone else because there is no one else,the lad who went to the shite,Rose,Bertram there is 3 without trying he has been a good player but Been is the key word.
Robertson has the potential to be better, he isn't yet
Bertrand too, rose is decent but injury prone

Simply simply lovely

August 08, 2017, 01:27:55 AM
Reply #58

Ross

Is that what the shite payed for Robertson or was it 8.

So you'd actually have Robertson over Baines?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

August 08, 2017, 01:28:04 AM
Reply #59

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
To be fair at one point we had Oviedo, Galloway and Garbutt who have all been championed at some point to take over when Baines has been injured. It's shown how difficult he is to replace