October 20, 2017, 12:13:44 PM

Author Topic: Everton V Stoke  (Read 12228 times)

August 07, 2017, 05:25:39 AM
Reply #30

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I imagine Kenny will be loaned out

Simply simply lovely

August 07, 2017, 05:56:29 AM
Reply #31

Toddacelli

Holgate struggled a bit today. Looked weak any time anyone ran at him. But if you're going to have a wobble - have it in pre-season.

As good as Kenny looked when he came on - I don't think it would do the lad any favours to throw him in from the off.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

August 07, 2017, 06:10:21 AM
Reply #32

Bluedylan

I'd start Kenny (or Davies) on the basis of Martina being fairly poor, more than anything.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

August 07, 2017, 06:11:31 AM
Reply #33

Rhys

Can't believe some are putting Kenny in their teams despite him never played more than 10 minutes in the first team.

Normally I'd agree but the options arent good. And if it's a thread for what you would do then there is an argument for it rather than what will Koeman do, because it wont be Kenny.

But Martina didnt look great in the other game and Holgate while good at the defensive part really is a hindrance to our play. It isnt just poor crosses when he gets forward it is lack of belief in his forward passes in attacking areas so we end up getting it out to him in space and it breaks down with a poor cross or we get it to him with a chance to build a move forward and he comes back inside to a centre half and we lose any momentum.

I dont think any of us could see with confidence Kenny is ready to play full back in the PL and in an ideal world Coleman would have been here and we could have loaned him out without worry, but given we dont have a good option at right back it would have been nice to see a bit more of him in friendlies and maybe even the home game in the Europa.

August 07, 2017, 06:14:28 AM
Reply #34

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Holgate struggled a bit today. Looked weak any time anyone ran at him. But if you're going to have a wobble - have it in pre-season.

As good as Kenny looked when he came on - I don't think it would do the lad any favours to throw him in from the off.

Was holgate RB I assume?

Bit worrying for Holgate that Koeman has played Besic as his ball playing CB over Holgate and instead utilised Holgate in an ill-fitting RB role a few times over pre-season.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 07, 2017, 06:15:32 AM
Reply #35

Evertonian in NC

The question w/ DCL and Lookman both is that they look their best coming off the bench as subs, but our current personnel shortcomings really necessitate starting one or the other.

I can't work out who it should be, or why.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 07, 2017, 06:17:30 AM
Reply #36

Evertonian in NC

I'd start Kenny (or Davies) on the basis of Martina being fairly poor, more than anything.

I like Davies there, particularly with Holgate playing RCB in a 3 at the back.

But can Davies really handle it in a standard alignment, at least against a foe of greater strength than, say, Brighton & Hove?
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 07, 2017, 06:17:39 AM
Reply #37

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Tbh Kenny is probably the closest thing to Coleman that we have. Holgate isn't great at RB (i'd really love to see him cement a CB place next to Keane), Martina looked a bit crap at RB, Davies is better used elsewhere.

I don't think Stoke are the type of team to go really attacking against us at GP, so I think Kenny is a safe bet, Lookman in front should offer great pace down both sides hopefully.

I'd seriously be happy with a 1-0 though, any win whatsoever is good at this stage of the season, a clean sheet is all the better. We have a seriously tough run in.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

August 07, 2017, 06:33:58 AM
Reply #38

Evertonian in NC

Tbh Kenny is probably the closest thing to Coleman that we have. Holgate isn't great at RB (i'd really love to see him cement a CB place next to Keane), Martina looked a bit crap at RB, Davies is better used elsewhere.

I don't think Stoke are the type of team to go really attacking against us at GP, so I think Kenny is a safe bet, Lookman in front should offer great pace down both sides hopefully.

I'd seriously be happy with a 1-0 though, any win whatsoever is good at this stage of the season, a clean sheet is all the better. We have a seriously tough run in.

100% agree that we should put Coleman next to Keane, have him learn and there's our CB combination for the next 4+ years.

August 07, 2017, 08:37:29 AM
Reply #39

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
I think it will be shoguns side tbh
I agree, but wasn't the question what would we pick?

I think theres a chance he'll go with a back four with Holgate or Martina though, depending on the opponent.

Personally I'd prob go:
Pickford
Kenny Keane Jags Baines
Schneiderlin Gana
Davies Klassen Rooney
Sandro

Tom/Davy/Wayne fluid, DCL and Lookman as impact subs. If Sig signs and is fit he's on the bench for me.

Can't see Kenny getting in though sadly, lad deserves a chance in the PL and the stoke game is far and away the safest chance for at least a month and a half.

August 07, 2017, 08:41:33 AM
Reply #40

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
I imagine Kenny will be loaned out
I think Koeman is still deciding or he'd be gone already. There is probably a queue of willing championship clubs.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 08:50:29 AM by MrWhite »

August 07, 2017, 08:48:57 AM
Reply #41

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Can't believe some are putting Kenny in their teams despite him never played more than 10 minutes in the first team.
He's got to start somewhere? Consistent and level headed lad, captain of league winning U23. Sure, it would be a challenge for him, but faith in youth seems to be working well for us lately. Otherwise it's wait for league cup against lower league team, or a dead rubber Europa group game? I think he's earned a chance. I suspect Koeman is weighing it up against Martina and whoever this defensive utility man will be. For Kenny, Coleman being injured is the best chance he'll get for several years. So why not Stoke at home?

August 07, 2017, 12:36:37 PM
Reply #42

BlueBeagle

Was holgate RB I assume?

Bit worrying for Holgate that Koeman has played Besic as his ball playing CB over Holgate and instead utilised Holgate in an ill-fitting RB role a few times over pre-season.

Or Koeman knows already what he can do at CB after being here a year so wanted him to play RB to see how he gets on against decent opposition

August 07, 2017, 12:39:37 PM
Reply #43

BlueBeagle

some are putting Kenny in their teams despite him never played more than 10 minutes in the first team.

Standard

August 07, 2017, 02:30:04 PM
Reply #44

Macca77

Can't wait for this