October 23, 2017, 01:21:03 PM

Author Topic: Everton V Stoke  (Read 12304 times)

August 13, 2017, 04:58:27 AM
Reply #840

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Weird the way both Sandro and Rooney had bandages on their wrist.

August 13, 2017, 04:58:48 AM
Reply #841

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
The only thing that matters to me is what happens on the pitch and whilst we're far from great we've improved a load over the last 12 months.  I'm not convinced by Koeman but largely we've progressed under him and we're now at the point where we'll be able to judge his managerial ability with some degree of certainty. 

If he fails then he's fair game, and theres some fair criticisms that can be made of him already.  But it's just a little bit sad when people obviously have issues with him that go beyond what's happening on the pitch and take every opportunity to have a dig at him.  If you were still defending Martinez towards the end of the 15/16 season but are mostly critical of Koeman now then that's pretty mental.

August 13, 2017, 05:04:36 AM
Reply #842

Shogun

Administrator

Both taking the piss out of Niasse.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

August 13, 2017, 05:11:21 AM
Reply #843

Lxxx

Whilst I don't really agree with it I can see why Koeman does try different things.
He doesn't want us to become too predictable and he wants us to be able to master and be comfortable with other formations. However we don't and don't even look like we will get it but his stubbornness means he keeps trying.
Being a world class player in your younger years and growing up playing total football might have something to do with his belief we should be able to switch more easily.

August 13, 2017, 05:27:23 AM
Reply #844

blob

that result will have to keep us warm for nearly a month until the next home league match :(

August 13, 2017, 05:44:27 AM
Reply #845

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
It's the blood brothers ritual in the dressing room but in this day and age for H & S reasons they have to cover the wounds on the pitch.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

August 13, 2017, 06:20:58 AM
Reply #846

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

They had a wanking competition.

Lukaku won.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

August 13, 2017, 07:35:17 AM
Reply #847

MrWhite

He just looks small and weak, and against Stoke that's important.
Not being small and weak didn't seem to be much help to Martina today though.
Kenny just played for the U23 though and given Koeman went with a back three Martina might have seemed a more useful sub for a variety of changes over Kenny, so picking him still made more sense (Ron presumably didn't think he's defend so poorly)

August 13, 2017, 07:39:13 AM
Reply #848

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Fourth in the table and a win. I'm happy. :)

Enjoy it, next couple of weeks are going to be absolute hell.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 13, 2017, 07:42:08 AM
Reply #849

MrWhite

Whilst I don't really agree with it I can see why Koeman does try different things.
He doesn't want us to become too predictable and he wants us to be able to master and be comfortable with other formations. However we don't and don't even look like we will get it but his stubbornness means he keeps trying.
Being a world class player in your younger years and growing up playing total football might have something to do with his belief we should be able to switch more easily.
Could also be a way of constantly pressuring the board.. look these players are not good enough! See they cannot play total football! You must buy more!
Interesting though, the best players were his new expensive buys. (Rooney wage wise if not fee) If you allow that Klassen and Sandro need adaption time the other three don't, it's not impossible to suggest he knew what he needed. Martina is a bit of a Stek type backup guy from former teams, but his first teamers seem to pretty good. If sandro and davy get it together over the next few games he's going to start looking smart?

August 13, 2017, 07:43:02 AM
Reply #850

Ramjam

Let's hope Chelsea continue to struggle for a few more weeks and Spurs have a slow start as well could play into our hands
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

August 13, 2017, 07:50:48 AM
Reply #851

MrWhite

absolutely

it'd just be nice if he didn't HAVE to change things every game really
Given half the team is new, and there is no testing possible like a PL game, shouldn't he at least get more than one game? I'm not saying he didn't make mistakes, but he must have had some plan that just failed big time with that initial formation? And he is still seeking players? Seems a little harsh to say every game when this is effectively game one of the reset.
If the same thing is still happening by September then it's time to start asking questions.

August 13, 2017, 08:06:33 AM
Reply #852

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
A few things.

Koeman seems to be trying things. When we played three at the back we were extremely solid al though not offering much in attack, we did score tho but looked quite lop sided and Jags often left with decent ball. If we had say, Stones in that position we would of killed them first half.

4 at the back and we were very open and stoke got into very good positions easily.

If Barkley wants to become a very good player he should stay and learn from Rooney. He controlled the game for us 2nd half with sublime touches, amazing passes and general control of time and pace. We haven't had someone here for years who could do that and his class will show against the lesser teams. He might not be so influential against the top teams but what a performance.

Gueye was brilliant as well. What an engine and only first game of the season. Devilishly handsome too. And Muslim. The perfect package.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

August 13, 2017, 10:22:14 AM
Reply #853

blue1948

absolutely

it'd just be nice if he didn't HAVE to change things every game really
I get your point but surely if it was working he wouldn't change ! That is the best thing he can do , use the subs . I wish he put the best team out first of course but he does see the error of his ways and sort it ,when it isn't working .I do think he is still not happy with the players as a lot and we will start to see more after the window closes .

August 13, 2017, 11:27:15 AM
Reply #854

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Oh and Pickford has the most amazing left peg on him. Just WOW!
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...