August 24, 2017, 12:39:45 AM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 3522 times)

August 09, 2017, 07:44:53 PM
Reply #60

smellybum

Keep him and bring him off the bench when we need something different. Our first team looks a triffle slow and he has pace and skill. Stay, get a full years training with the squad and some minutes from the bench and lets see where we are next season. Still young. yet. Could easily send him on loan next year when Dowell is back.

deCoubertin

August 09, 2017, 08:28:43 PM
Reply #61

Lxxx

A loan move to a side like Bournemouth would be perfect.

They paid 15m for a lad who was better than Sterling apparently and they can't find a use for him. They also paid big money for Gradel who was a small winger in the same mould and he was in and out of the team after his injury. Lower level teams quickly dispense with players who aren't seen as safe as soon as results don't go their way and league status is at stake.
I think he's much better, if he goes, to go a promotion chasing side who will utilise his skills every week and where he'd make most impact.

Of course I'd prefer he stayed as we don't have much else out wide on either flank.

August 09, 2017, 09:20:33 PM
Reply #62

gizzblue

He's got to stay ...we have nothing like him till Blasie is back. ...fuck Derby

August 09, 2017, 10:49:49 PM
Reply #63

Corinthian

He's got to stay ...we have nothing like him till Blasie is back. ...fuck Derby

Yep, got to agree with that, we will very much be needing his flair.

August 09, 2017, 10:57:26 PM
Reply #64

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
If he's not getting on at all by the end of August a short term loan would prob be best for him

August 10, 2017, 04:56:08 AM
Reply #65

terrydarracotsbaldpate

Need to keep him game changer. Will be an outside chance of going to the World cup.

August 10, 2017, 10:13:22 PM
Reply #66

Gary1878

I think this lad is pretty special and we really don't have anyone like him in our squad - although you can compare him with Bolasie, i think he will become a much better player. He has pace, trickery, great movement off the ball and a proper eye for goal. I would like to see him involved around matchday squads and starting in the cups.

If we coach him and give him proper game time this season, we should really have a player on our hands next year.

August 18, 2017, 10:40:49 PM
Reply #67

MmmBlueRamirez

Really pleased with his performance last night. Thought he combined well with Cuco at times. On paper it was a dodgy pairing.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

August 18, 2017, 10:56:09 PM
Reply #68

blueski

hard to judge to be honest - he really did boss Hajduk Split but his performances have been mixed against premier league sides

he's got a proper preseason under him now - I like him but I think we really should reserve judgment on where he's at until he gets a premier league game and does what he did last night

want to see him break through for us but if he has to go out and come back so be it.
Nil Satis

August 18, 2017, 10:59:48 PM
Reply #69

mikey_blue

If you're going to loan him out, then we have to get another winger in. Maybe send him out in January when Bolasie is back, but as it stands, we need him in the team as an option. Europe, League cup, F.A Cup and Premiership is a big ask when you don't have a plan B.

August 18, 2017, 11:03:53 PM
Reply #70

Evertonian in NC

You can start him here and there in Europa, impact sub in the Prem.  Why loan him out?
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 18, 2017, 11:51:17 PM
Reply #71

Toddacelli

Thought he got very tired in the second half - looked leggy and misplaced more passes the longer the game went on.

Some real raw talent there though - looking forward to seeing him develop.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

August 19, 2017, 01:04:40 AM
Reply #72

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He's clearly got something but I don't know whether he's ready for regular first team. Given he is our only pace option right now (aside from Lennon who doesn't seem to be in Koeman's plans) it would be odd to send him on loan unless we bring someone else in

August 19, 2017, 01:09:41 AM
Reply #73

Heisenberg

I think the best course of action will be to keep him and utilise him in the cups. I think he's good enough for it and it will be the best method of improvement for him

August 19, 2017, 01:13:05 AM
Reply #74

Paddockoldie

Workout other side and pacey options we should keep him here. If he gets game time he'll develop and gain prem experience which is what he needs. If we buy better then a loan is an option but not before imo