October 20, 2017, 12:18:08 PM

Author Topic: The future of watching live games - streamed on Facebook?  (Read 2038 times)

August 09, 2017, 07:46:27 PM
Reply #15

TheTone

So Kodi is free and I'm a mug to be paying to watch footie?

How reliable is this thing, surely there must be some catch?

I'm really shit when it comes to these things

deCoubertin

August 09, 2017, 08:00:48 PM
Reply #16

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber

Well I wouldn't say you're a mug, but given the money only gets you so many games (opener isn't on it for example) it's a value for money determination.

People mistake Kodi for a magic device or subscription alternative, it's not. The streams have been there for years, Kodi simply removes the need for any technical understanding and blocks all the spam ads you get on the source websites. It basically puts the entire streaming community into one menu.

Addons in Kodi come and go, but the streams remain, so sometimes you do need to look through a bit more to find them, but I haven't missed a game in two years of using it (as long as it's on tv somewhere in the world, no use for early round league cup games!) and found no prob getting streams during the supposed crackdown last March. Since this seasons much announced crackdown is just an extension of last seasons, I would be amazed if I can't get streams. And I don't use a VPN, which would instantly unblock all the ones that have been blocked (individual stream servers).

From what I've heard, some iptv boxes have stopped working, but thats what happens when you pay someone for stolen content, it will not last. I have never paid for it since I got rid of sky sports in 2011 and it was the best money saving decision I've ever made.

Worth noting, you don't get 4k quality perfection. But you don't need it, I watch on a fair size HD flatscreen output from my PC. You also have to accept that on occasion a stream can drop out and needs to be restarted, or possibly switch to another. But then bad weather can screw your satellite signal anyway, that's just life. The value for 0 per month is infinite.

For a quality comparsion, the fb live coverage was worse than I've often gotten for PL games, in both quality and stability (and comms for that matter!)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 08:02:39 PM by MrWhite »

August 10, 2017, 02:19:24 AM
Reply #17

Simon Paul

Administrator
at the moment the deals are done through the Premier League

they're done that way so the likes of newly promoted Huddersfield get a fair crack of the TV revenue, otherwise we'd up like Spain where Barca and Real do their own deals and screw the rest of the league over

August 10, 2017, 02:29:29 AM
Reply #18

ally2

Yeah Sky etc make money because they make you pay loads to watch games that you would probably never otherwise watch.  So the strength comes from the whole package.  It's genius!

August 10, 2017, 02:41:18 AM
Reply #19

Everton Mint

Checking my 10 regular streaming sites that I have used for ages (for last night's R.Madrid-ManU and tonight's Villa game), about half of them were/are offline.

My mate in work said he couldnt get a stream of the game last night either. He said he's gutted as he's already ordered a new Kodi box and the clampdown looks like its really happening.

A couple of my stream sites still seem ok, but when the PL starts I guess they will either get blocked too, or be overwhelmed by everyone trying to use them.

Streaming football free has been great for about 12 years, but it could be the beginning of the end. :(
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 02:42:28 AM by Everton Mint »

August 10, 2017, 02:42:39 AM
Reply #20

Simon Paul

Administrator
the problem with Kodi is that the people who run the add-ons don't make any money unless they run a subscription model and then draw major attention to themselves and risk prison....

once something that doesn't make you much money starts to be a pain in the arse, then you tend to jib it

August 10, 2017, 02:54:06 AM
Reply #21

DIXIEDEAN

if money isn't too much of an object for you subscribe to a cheap vpn and buy directly off bein sports cost you about 140 for the year every prem game in full hd, pause rewind watch later ect  no messing trying to find stream

August 10, 2017, 03:02:09 AM
Reply #22

Everton Mint

Just to tip people off re Sky and their 10 new sport channels where they say 'just pay for the sport you want'... ITS A BIG CON !

First you have to pay for a Variety package at 25pm, then if you just want the PL football its 18pm but you only get that ONE channel; you only get all 10 sports channels if you get the 27 package; plus its another 12pm for HD.

There may be deals for new customers, but existing ones save nothing unless they give up nearly all the sport channels.

August 10, 2017, 03:08:18 AM
Reply #23

GoodisonPk

Can't be worse than me.

August 10, 2017, 03:14:34 AM
Reply #24

Trowel

I can see BT backing out of football over the next 5 years - the guy in charge of the budget left recently and was replaced by the CFO, so expect their spending to be reined in. That will likely open the door to the likes of Facebook or more likely Amazon.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

August 10, 2017, 03:19:20 AM
Reply #25

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 10, 2017, 03:21:05 AM
Reply #26

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Tell me more
Fifty quid a year
All your sports channels

Or 26 for 6 months

Simply simply lovely

August 10, 2017, 03:52:46 AM
Reply #27

stirlingblue

Fifty quid a year
All your sports channels

Or 26 for 6 months

I've used it for about a year now, never had any problems.

I think that their commitment is every PL game but I've also watched cups, Europe, friendlies and other sports (The Open, Rugby, Tennis).

Only thing is that you need decent internet (+20 mb)

August 10, 2017, 03:53:41 AM
Reply #28

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I've used it for about a year now, never had any problems.

I think that their commitment is every PL game but I've also watched cups, Europe, friendlies and other sports (The Open, Rugby, Tennis).

Only thing is that you need decent internet (+20 mb)
I've got 10mb and never missed anything I've wanted including ppv

Simply simply lovely

August 10, 2017, 04:13:57 AM
Reply #29

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Checking my 10 regular streaming sites that I have used for ages (for last night's R.Madrid-ManU and tonight's Villa game), about half of them were/are offline.

My mate in work said he couldnt get a stream of the game last night either. He said he's gutted as he's already ordered a new Kodi box and the clampdown looks like its really happening.

A couple of my stream sites still seem ok, but when the PL starts I guess they will either get blocked too, or be overwhelmed by everyone trying to use them.

Streaming football free has been great for about 12 years, but it could be the beginning of the end. :(
Bet you 100 it's not.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 04:15:20 AM by MrWhite »