December 12, 2017, 08:43:26 AM

Author Topic: Bruno Martins Indi  (Read 1043 times)

August 11, 2017, 03:24:57 AM
Read 1043 times

sixymack

I see stoke are about to sign Martins Indi for around 7 million.  Current Dutch international, can play center or left back, should we not try and sabotage the deal and bring him in?

deCoubertin

August 11, 2017, 03:33:45 AM
Reply #1

KoemansNumberTens

Is he any good? Not sure being s Dutch international is anything on its own nowadays. Holland are dreadfully shite

August 11, 2017, 03:35:01 AM
Reply #2

American Evertonian

Is he any good? Not sure being s Dutch international is anything on its own nowadays. Holland are dreadfully shite

Haha it definitely doesn't mean what it used to. He didn't look great last year. If he was okay with being a backup maybe - but not sure he would be.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

August 11, 2017, 03:35:01 AM
Reply #3

blue slug

He was highly rated a few years back but ain't seen or heard much since then

August 11, 2017, 03:37:16 AM
Reply #4

sixymack

I know that the Stoke fans rate him (which probably does not mean a lot) and Koeman has coached him in the past when he was a lot younger (25 years old right now)

I think he would make more sense then vermaelen who is a lot older and really injury prone.

I'm surprised we were never linked

August 11, 2017, 03:45:38 AM
Reply #5

blue slug

Yeah defo better shout than vermaelen he's permanently injured

August 11, 2017, 03:58:08 AM
Reply #6

Evertonian in NC

I truly believe once we sign Sigurdsson (which we no doubt will) then that will be the deciding factor which other attacking player we need to be looking at of those I hope Walsh has lined up.

It worries me that this is dragging on, as it means TWO players who aren't getting settled in, not just one.  And we have a somewhat challenging Europa round, plus a murderers' row of 5 opening Prem fixtures to deal with.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 11, 2017, 04:24:24 AM
Reply #7

Evertonian in NC

Now that the above comment is moved here, really dunno why we don't have Lemos or a Lemos-like substitute done and dusted.  Surely that doesn't depend on the Sigurdsson domino slotting into place?

Or is this also part and parcel of finding that misplaced EFC credit card again.  FFS.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 11, 2017, 05:32:32 AM
Reply #8

Toddacelli

Now that the above comment is moved here, really dunno why we don't have Lemos or a Lemos-like substitute done and dusted.  Surely that doesn't depend on the Sigurdsson domino slotting into place?

Or is this also part and parcel of finding that misplaced EFC credit card again.  FFS.

I'd push the boat out for Lemos. Pay over the odds. Don't care. I just. Want him.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

August 11, 2017, 05:43:35 AM
Reply #9

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I'd push the boat out for Lemos. Pay over the odds. Don't care. I just. Want him.

have you ever seen him play?
I have to return some videotapes.

August 11, 2017, 05:48:14 AM
Reply #10

Toddacelli

Clips! Clips! Lots of YouTube clips!

But it's exciting and he can certainly take a better free kick than anyone we have at the club at the moment*

I like the look of him from what I've seen and I think he would be better than Funes Mori, quicker than Williams, younger than Jagielka and he scores more than all of them put together.

*this may be wildly inaccurate**

**but he does score some nice direct free kicks

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

August 11, 2017, 07:05:55 AM
Reply #11

eyesalwaysblue

Clips! Clips! Lots of YouTube clips!

But it's exciting and he can certainly take a better free kick than anyone we have at the club at the moment*

I like the look of him from what I've seen and I think he would be better than Funes Mori, quicker than Williams, younger than Jagielka and he scores more than all of them put together.

*this may be wildly inaccurate**

**but he does score some nice direct free kicks

I'm faster than Williams and i'm morbidly obese..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

August 11, 2017, 07:27:09 AM
Reply #12

Ari

True, and Gylfi saw to that.

http://icelandreview.com/news/2015/09/03/iceland-beats-netherlands-again

and no, i do not want to hijack the Bruno Martins Indi deal of Stoke City.

August 11, 2017, 07:38:17 AM
Reply #13

sam of the south

I've seen this question a fair amount lately on here, usually (I'm guessing) to discredit a poster for saying they would be really pleased if we signed someone.

What is the criteria we are going by?

Does it mean have you watched him on telly for a full match or two, or isn't that enough?

I'm just curious.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 11, 2017, 02:55:57 PM
Reply #14

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I've seen this question a fair amount lately on here, usually (I'm guessing) to discredit a poster for saying they would be really pleased if we signed someone.

What is the criteria we are going by?

Does it mean have you watched him on telly for a full match or two, or isn't that enough?

I'm just curious.

Im not bothered about someone wanting a player to come, its just when people go on and on about signing someone who they havent even really seen play, its a bit hysterical.
I have to return some videotapes.