October 23, 2017, 01:19:15 PM

Author Topic: Bruno Martins Indi  (Read 970 times)

August 11, 2017, 03:00:51 PM
Reply #15

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Clips! Clips! Lots of YouTube clips!

But it's exciting and he can certainly take a better free kick than anyone we have at the club at the moment*

I like the look of him from what I've seen and I think he would be better than Funes Mori, quicker than Williams, younger than Jagielka and he scores more than all of them put together.

*this may be wildly inaccurate**

**but he does score some nice direct free kicks

The problem with that is you'll never see the number of free kicks that he's skied into row Z , they don't post those on you tube, just the screamers and every single one of our players has one of those in their locker.

deCoubertin

August 11, 2017, 04:04:09 PM
Reply #16

BlueBeagle

Now that the above comment is moved here, really dunno why we don't have Lemos or a Lemos-like substitute done and dusted.

Why not just say centre back? Saying Lemos as if you know anything about him bar maybe a YouTube clip.

Cover at centre back isn't urgent this window as we have a good young player to play alongside two experienced players who can we can alternate between if required with Holgate as an emergency option.

August 11, 2017, 04:06:45 PM
Reply #17

sam of the south

Im not bothered about someone wanting a player to come, its just when people go on and on about signing someone who they havent even really seen play, its a bit hysterical.

Ah ok.

I don't see the problem in it.

I like that posters get passionate about players, especially ones that have been hyped up by other people or pundits.

I guess it's that excitement of the unknown and the exotic.

And yes, You Tube is like a cleverly crafted CV, but hey, at least it shows what a player can do at their absolute best.

Mind you, I thought Mirallas was going to be like C.Ronaldo when I saw his YT vid..
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 11, 2017, 04:07:17 PM
Reply #18

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Never heard of the guy ?

August 11, 2017, 04:23:39 PM
Reply #19

Hesmenos

The problem with that is you'll never see the number of free kicks that he's skied into row Z , they don't post those on you tube, just the screamers and every single one of our players has one of those in their locker.
Very true. Barkley seems to still be living off that free kick against Swansea, when every free kick he has taken since has been dog poo.

August 11, 2017, 05:42:41 PM
Reply #20

Evertonian in NC

From the people who HAVE seen Lemos play regularly (and there are some), and the scouting reports I've seen, he sounds like what we need.  I fully acknowledge that my opinion is just pissing the wind, but then again so is 90% of everyone else's.  Would be pretty boring if we weren't allowed opinions or had to present thesis-caliber endnotes every time we made a post about a particular player.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 11, 2017, 05:55:14 PM
Reply #21

SANA_DR0

Im not bothered about someone wanting a player to come, its just when people go on and on about signing someone who they havent even really seen play, its a bit hysterical.

how would you know they havent seen him play? most of these comments ^^ come from people who havent seen the person play, that is why they state what you stated, its not hysterical if you have seen him play, or paid attention to the players career, but again, everyone else would be on the 'but you aint seen him play.. ' vibe lol
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

August 11, 2017, 06:18:20 PM
Reply #22

Lxxx

If Koeman has managed him and knows all about him and still doesn't fancy putting in a bid for him, even while he's available for a knockdown price and we have a need, then I would assume from that he doesn't rate him.

August 11, 2017, 06:54:16 PM
Reply #23

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
how would you know they havent seen him play? most of these comments ^^ come from people who havent seen the person play, that is why they state what you stated, its not hysterical if you have seen him play, or paid attention to the players career, but again, everyone else would be on the 'but you aint seen him play.. ' vibe lol

Because i know the people going on about him defo havent seen him play..
I have to return some videotapes.

August 11, 2017, 07:05:00 PM
Reply #24

BlueBeagle

Because i know the people going on about him defo havent seen him play..

As they've said themselves