December 14, 2017, 02:43:30 AM

Author Topic: Be honest, did you expect more from Moshiri?  (Read 5478 times)

August 11, 2017, 07:02:38 PM
Reply #60

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Didn't Koeman complain about our net spend last Sunday?

He was deflecting the media who were pressing him to make silly claims based on all the money spent. He also mentioned 95m for Lukaku which isn't all due until the addons kick in, seems likely he was just playing with the irritating questions.

deCoubertin

August 11, 2017, 07:03:26 PM
Reply #61

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
I'd say not so much moan rather than point out that we've not been the big spenders we've been presented as. Not many teams who make over 100 mil in player sales are going to have a massive net spend, that's including the likes of barca, real, etc

Barca fans must be spewing at their net spend this summer.

August 11, 2017, 07:06:01 PM
Reply #62

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
If I was 'Defeatist' I would be laughing my socks off at the predictability of this forum. He pulls a string and everyone jumps!!!
Then we all moan and say its a wind up.
Then he pulls another string and we all jump

You've got to love football forums haven't you?

August 11, 2017, 07:07:46 PM
Reply #63

Realist

You did mention net spend, or do you actually think we've only spent 7 mil in total this summer? Come on chap, don't mug yourself off by acting dumb when you blatantly was on about net spend

I never said it's stronger, I was being hypothetical. But I am confident it will be stronger by September 1st and we get them extra 3 players in

I meant I never mentioned net spend being lower or higher or whatever

August 11, 2017, 07:12:48 PM
Reply #64

KoemansNumberTens

If I was 'Defeatist' I would be laughing my socks off at the predictability of this forum. He pulls a string and everyone jumps!!!

You've got to love football forums haven't you?

Think you're giving him way too much credit. Surely the idea is he parodys an Everton fan. He convinces us he's 1 of us all be it a slightly odd 1. He catches the other odd uns when they agree with him. Think every single person on here knows he's a Liverpool fan and the only reason people get annoyed because he's genuinely annoying as a person rather than his act. He's flogging a dead horse now. Be better off admitting he's a Liverpool fan and mocking us from that standpoint

August 11, 2017, 07:17:56 PM
Reply #65

Major Clanger

To spend more than we brought in.
 I don't believe anyone who says they thought when Moshiri rolled up that we'd still have to sell to buy

We don't and we didn't.

Next question.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

August 11, 2017, 07:19:28 PM
Reply #66

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Think you're giving him way too much credit. Surely the idea is he parodys an Everton fan. He convinces us he's 1 of us all be it a slightly odd 1. He catches the other odd uns when they agree with him. Think every single person on here knows he's a Liverpool fan and the only reason people get annoyed because he's genuinely annoying as a person rather than his act. He's flogging a dead horse now. Be better off admitting he's a Liverpool fan and mocking us from that standpoint

He's flogging a pile of dust that used to be a pile of bones that was previously a dead horse. Making some people sneeze.

August 11, 2017, 07:20:38 PM
Reply #67

gizzblue

Ffs yet another fooking bleak out look .....

He's been in less than twelve months ,we have no debt, have a considerable better squad man for man ....aside lukaku (but the window ain't shut and we're after a striker) ...so it's another wait till the season is ten games in the moan your ass off if you want but your well premature.

Is it always a problem to you ??.😅

August 11, 2017, 07:20:50 PM
Reply #68

Fynci

Can't the mods just ban this clown, I am all for hearing opinions that don't match my own but if everybody says a colour is black this guy will say that it is white. He adds zero to this forum.
Cool + 380
Tool - 0

August 11, 2017, 07:26:00 PM
Reply #69

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Change the thread title to "Be honest, did you expect more from Defeatist?"

August 11, 2017, 07:31:56 PM
Reply #70

Realist

He wouldn't last five minutes on GOT, that's why he's here.

What's GOT & RAWK?

August 11, 2017, 07:35:04 PM
Reply #71

everton1952

It is a bit sad though really. He can't be a happy individual.

August 11, 2017, 07:36:09 PM
Reply #72

Bluedylan

What's GOT & RAWK?

He didn't mention RAWK. Also, any Everton fan who uses the internet knows of RAWK.

Devoed about little Cuntinho?
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 11, 2017, 07:37:14 PM
Reply #73

Realist

Someone posted an excellent insider article from someone who deals with transfers (was a lawyer I think). It was made very clear that 'net spend' is a media creation and not something considered by clubs making deals. Value of deals is spread out over the course of contracts (made clear in each years financial statements, amortisation of player contracts) so the idea 'we've only spent 7m' is a non-starter.

Interesting that the OP seems to have no awareness of the substantial improvements in commercial contracts (shirt sponsor, training ground sponsor, tyre partner amongst others) and a marked lack of understanding of how big business finance works - so having no debts and much better commercial contracts, along with the ability to substantially increase our wage bill, along with the very presence of a billionaire's money and business connections, is the central reason why our daydreams of new grounds that never happen have turned into a moving plan to build a great stadium in the best possible location. The ground has to pay for itself (this is true of all clubs backed by the super rich) but now the council and banks are willing to provide the finance for this because we are no longer living beyond our means and struggling to service our debts.

Shame to OP hasn't learnt from previous experience with starting these sort of threads - which does increase the likelihood that this is trolling. Telling others what they are allowed to talk about suggests he thinks that 'creation' means 'ownership'. Which is more deluded than some of his views..

Can you point out where I told others what they were allowed to talk about?

August 11, 2017, 07:37:15 PM
Reply #74

Toddacelli

Think he's done fantastically. We got the manager we wanted, organised a ground move, u23s seem to have a massive budget now. Offered 100k plus week contracts to players.
I'm not sure what people wanted. What's the issue with Sigurdsson and moshiri. Did people think now we had more money we'd just rain down 20s on Swansea with zero negotiation or concept of value

This.

Far exceeded my expectations.

Sorted the debt out and the new stadium is on its way. Deserves to be lauded just for that. Was expecting things to rumble on for another few years to be honest but he's putting us right into contention for the future.

Not only that but the club appears to be run a lot better since he came on board. Is it all down to him? I don;t know but leadership counts for a lot and as far as I can tell we started acting like a big club again when he came on board so he must be doing something right.

And as for using his own money - FUCK OFF!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates