August 24, 2017, 12:38:57 AM

Author Topic: Ratings Vs Stoke City  (Read 1901 times)

August 13, 2017, 01:02:42 AM
Read 1901 times

mikey_blue

Didn't watch the game, So was hoping for some expert analytics from the forum. Lay it on me.

deCoubertin

August 13, 2017, 01:09:59 AM
Reply #1

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford 8 - confident, composed particularly coming for the ball on crosses and pulled off a spectacular save

Baines 6 - isolated as per, defensively solid and tried to get forward

Jags 7 - solid throughout

Williams 7 - very good in the air I thought today

Keane 7 - generally strong and composed and trying to push out with the ball

Calvert Lewin 7 - great second half and lovely ball in first for the goal

Schneiderlin 6 - didn't think he was poor but he isn't where he should be in terms of tackling and distribution

Gueye 8 - largely superb particularly second half, tackling great and pushed forward well with incisive passing MOTM

Klassen 5 - he wasn't really in the game and I didn't understand what his position and role was supposed to be

Rooney 8 - excellent particularly second half and well taken goal. Intelligent passing really showed and his defensive work took the pressure off

Sandro 6 - energetic and worked hard but often little end product, confident better performances will come

Subs

Davies 7 - added instant energy

Martina 6 - I don't think he played badly, put in a couple of decent crosses

Mirallas 6 - took some pressure off on the break

August 13, 2017, 01:14:27 AM
Reply #2

BlueBeagle

Rooney 8 MOTM
Pickford 8
Gueye 8
Keane 7

The rest 6s.

Edit: I can't believe that after 5 years at that club, Mark Hughes best option to try and change a game is to put Peter Crouch on and twat it long ffs lolol

Pulis lives on.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 01:20:04 AM by BlueBeagle »

August 13, 2017, 01:19:09 AM
Reply #3

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford - 8 What more could he have done. Assured kicking, and a match winning save at the end.

DCL - 6 for the first half (peach of a cross for Rooney) and 7 second half. He is winning me over in his preferred position up front.
Baines 7 There's life in the old dog yet.
Jags - 6 Assured defending but I don't think he has the hang of this passing concept yet
Williams - 5 didn't really do a great deal, but I remember he made one good key tackle
Keane - 7 He will be a colossus for us. Even makes a tidy winger at times. His height is a massive plus.

Klaassen - 6 Needs a lot of time to settle. Didn't do much wrong, but dudn't do much
Morgan - 6 He's taking time getting up to speed. Not sure what's wrong with him atm, but he's class he'll get better.
Gana - 8 Great player, was everywhere. Should already be number one in the league tacking stats after that performance.

Rooney - 8 and MOTM for me. Scored a great header and the second half he ran the show.
Sandro - 6 Ran hard and worked hard, but like Klaassen, needs time to settle

Subs
Cuco - 4 He should be fourth choice rb behind Coleman, Holegate and Davies
Mirallas - 5 Had a couple of good runs, but the final ball missing
Davies - 7 Decent game and provided more energy than Klaassen
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

August 13, 2017, 01:43:17 AM
Reply #4

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford - 8 What more could he have done. Assured kicking, and a match winning save at the end.

DCL - 6 for the first half (peach of a cross for Rooney) and 7 second half. He is winning me over in his preferred position up front.
Baines 7 There's life in the old dog yet.
Jags - 6 Assured defending but I don't think he has the hang of this passing concept yet
Williams - 5 didn't really do a great deal, but I remember he made one good key tackle
Keane - 7 He will be a colossus for us. Even makes a tidy winger at times. His height is a massive plus.

Klaassen - 6 Needs a lot of time to settle. Didn't do much wrong, but dudn't do much
Morgan - 6 He's taking time getting up to speed. Not sure what's wrong with him atm, but he's class he'll get better.
Gana - 8 Great player, was everywhere. Should already be number one in the league tacking stats after that performance.

Rooney - 8 and MOTM for me. Scored a great header and the second half he ran the show.
Sandro - 6 Ran hard and worked hard, but like Klaassen, needs time to settle

Subs
Mirallas - 5 Had a couple of good runs, but the final ball missing
Davies - 7 Decent game and provided more energy than Klaassen

Williams made numerous headed clearances under pressure, 4 for Cucu is just jumping on the bandwagon.

August 13, 2017, 01:49:26 AM
Reply #5

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Williams made numerous headed clearances under pressure, 4 for Cucu is just jumping on the bandwagon.

I don't remember seeing much of Williams, but I may have missed a lot.

I'm not jumping on the Martina bandwagon. I thought he was extremely poor, save a couple of decent crosses. Put him up to a 5 then for those. One header he made back towards our box had me on the edge of my seat. Very dangerous thing to do. Not impressed by this signing but I'll give him time to settle.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

August 13, 2017, 01:53:00 AM
Reply #6

Alanvideo

Just back from the game. Rooney ,Keane ,Pickford and Gueye get high marks . Sandro turned his ankle early on but battled on. Klaasen looked a bit weak to me ,needs time. Good effort from Tom Davies.The rest just average,.
We are special ,we are Everton.

August 13, 2017, 01:56:21 AM
Reply #7

Shogun

Administrator
Pickford - 7 - Had one save to make and a brilliant one it was. I thought at times he was trying a bit hard with his passing and that didn't come off a few times but we've got a keeper (pun intended) here.

DCL - 7 - Well this match gave to us the answer to a question nobody thought needed to be asked, Is DCL a better RWB or striker? Did a decent job in the first half in terms of being constantly on the move and the assist for the goal but was definitely better when he moved up front.
Jagielka - 5 - Passing was truly abysmal today. Admittedly he didn't do too much wrong otherwise.
Williams - 6 - Nothing wrong.
Keane - 7 - Good debut from him, really solid defender.
Baines - 6 - Timid and isolated.

Schneiderlin - 5 - Needs to sort himself, been off-colour all pre/season.
Gana - 8 - Everywhere. Imagine we had a few who pressed like him. MOTM
Klaassen - 5 - Not the match for him.

Rooney - 8 - Didn't get much joy in the first half but very good goal. He controlled things in the second half.
Sandro - 6 - Good play in the build up for the goal and think he'll get better the more he plays. Would like to see him more involved.

Martina - 5 - Put in some decent crosses but he can't header a fucking ball.
Davies - 7 - Gets on the ball and brings us much more presence in the final third.
Mirallas - 6 - Meh

« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 01:57:30 AM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

August 13, 2017, 02:00:48 AM
Reply #8

Jay

I was a bit dubious about Pickford, especially given the fee, but hands up, he did impress me a lot today

August 13, 2017, 02:05:03 AM
Reply #9

Ross

Think people are really under estimating DCL second half performance at centre forward against two very good and powerfully centrebacks.

He caused them a lot of problems and was up for the fight all the way through and with a bit more composure he could maybe of got on the score sheet.

He's no wide player though and today really needs to be the end of that nonsense.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

August 13, 2017, 02:25:57 AM
Reply #10

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Subs
Agree with all (especially Keane comments) but would give Cuco 5 for some good crosses. His defending was scary.

August 13, 2017, 02:26:23 AM
Reply #11

hill135

Pickford was boss again. I love him already

August 13, 2017, 02:28:14 AM
Reply #12

blueski

Have to agree 8+ for Pickford;

Love the way he commands his area on crosses and lets not kid ourselves with either of our two from last season there's a decent chance that ends up a 1-1 draw where everyone is slating the team and the manager for a weak home performance and everyone's getting 5's and 6's or worse
Nil Satis

August 13, 2017, 02:29:30 AM
Reply #13

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Think people are really under estimating DCL second half performance at centre forward against two very good and powerfully centrebacks.

He caused them a lot of problems and was up for the fight all the way through and with a bit more composure he could maybe of got on the score sheet.

He's no wide player though and today really needs to be the end of that nonsense.

Wasn't physically bullied by Shawcross at all.

He's a target man and players usually come into their own at 25+.

Think he's got a decent chance of being a good player.

August 13, 2017, 02:44:58 AM
Reply #14

Ross

Wasn't physically bullied by Shawcross at all.

He's a target man and players usually come into their own at 25+.

Think he's got a decent chance of being a good player.

I've said before he's a brave lad and up for the hard work.

If he bulks up a stone or so of muscle he'll do well I think, but enough of this bollocks about playing him wide it's not his in his game.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.