August 24, 2017, 12:40:47 AM

Author Topic: Special Goal  (Read 938 times)

August 13, 2017, 07:25:00 AM
Reply #15

Ramjam

Rooneys management of the game today was nothing short of World class, he demonstrated the reasons why Koeman wanted him in the first place, an experienced pro who has won everything in the domestic game who will bring goals, assists, experience, hold up play, movement off the ball, ability to switch the play, knowing when to slow the play the ball and most importantly a leader of men and boys. Good on you Koeman top marks for this one. Did I mention he could probably play goalie as well.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

deCoubertin

August 13, 2017, 07:33:11 AM
Reply #16

cantoffee

Great run from Klassen to the near post to free up space.

A stark contrast from last year where only Lukaku was ever in the box.

Have to say it was a great feeling seeing him score more than anyone.

August 13, 2017, 07:41:14 AM
Reply #17

Ramjam

Great run from Klassen to the near post to free up space.

A stark contrast from last year where only Lukaku was ever in the box.

Have to say it was a great feeling seeing him score more than anyone.

Yes that was Klassens best contribution in the game, I thought he struggled otherwise but hopefully he'll be up to speed sooner rather than later
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

August 13, 2017, 05:02:33 PM
Reply #18

Bally

Administrator
Yeah you can see me celebrating on the motd coverage
It's the roll I way

August 13, 2017, 05:49:58 PM
Reply #19

blue1948

Like how he starting surging to the penalty spot before Sandro turned and spread the ball out to DCL.  He knows the game, he knew where to be.

*edit*  But won't disagree SP, this was a very average team performance, no indication that we can make it beyond 7th yet.

But the Rooney winner is the "heart, not head" stuff that keeps us so enthralled to EFC.

May be the first indication is that we won yesterday .Many times we would have stuttered against Stoke

August 13, 2017, 05:50:56 PM
Reply #20

blue1948

Great cross from DCL, immediately you can tell Stoke defenders are not going to be there.  In a split second, you see there is a runner in blue that is tracking the ball perfectly... then I realized it was Rooney; all he had to do was cushion and direct it.  Just a few seconds can really make your weekend!  :woohoo:
Said that to the wife this morning!

August 13, 2017, 05:53:18 PM
Reply #21

blue1948

Yeah you can see me celebrating on the motd coverage
Video clip required.

August 13, 2017, 06:17:51 PM
Reply #22

SANA_DR0

Has it been mentioned that he won the ball back to start the whole move?

Shearer and Wright, when they discussed the match, 'said he started off the move' but if you rewind the match, he started the move even earlier (in our own half).. he ran with it.,. passed it to Gana,who in turn passed it back to rooney (that is where the motd analysts picked up from) who passed it back to Gana, who gave it back to Rooney, who played it to Sandro, pass out to DCL and  know the rest,

surprised the MOTD staff, didnt show the move from the beginning (when they where talking about it)

August 13, 2017, 06:28:03 PM
Reply #23

Major Clanger

Shearer and Wright, when they discussed the match, 'said he started off the move' but if you rewind the match, he started the move even earlier (in our own half).. he ran with it.,. passed it to Gana,who in turn passed it back to rooney (that is where the motd analysts picked up from) who passed it back to Gana, who gave it back to Rooney, who played it to Sandro, pass out to DCL and  know the rest,

surprised the MOTD staff, didnt show the move from the beginning (when they where talking about it)

That's what I meant, yeah.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

August 13, 2017, 06:31:44 PM
Reply #24

Ramjam

Don't be silly they only do shit like that for Cuntieno or Ibrahimavic goals
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

August 14, 2017, 04:16:54 AM
Reply #25

Toddacelli

Don't be silly they only do shit like that for Cuntieno or Ibrahimavic goals

As if Ibrahimavic ever ran that far to score a goal!   :)

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

August 14, 2017, 01:50:18 PM
Reply #26

Bally

Administrator
Video clip required.

I don't have one man but I was sitting here in the disabled area with my friend. If you rewatch the goal black tshirt shorts and a black cap, that's me.
It's the roll I way

August 14, 2017, 02:08:17 PM
Reply #27

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
@Bally did I pass you Saturday? By the eitc school just after kick off?

August 14, 2017, 04:00:04 PM
Reply #28

Bally

Administrator
@Bally did I pass you Saturday? By the eitc school just after kick off?
Possible man I was helping my mate back to his car just behind there
It's the roll I way