November 24, 2017, 01:37:24 PM

Author Topic: [News]Have Everton made a mistake not signing a prolific striker?  (Read 3326 times)

September 11, 2017, 10:31:30 PM
Reply #45

themilkycoffees

This question is a bit like "Have I made a mistake not marrying a supermodel?"

deCoubertin

September 11, 2017, 10:35:13 PM
Reply #46

Marky Mark and the funky

Surely a supermodel is more like a traditional winger? Only good for flashy tricks, dribbling, and swinging balls into and around the box?

p.s. I almost forgot drilling it goalwards from the edge of the area!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 10:37:27 PM by Marky Mark and the funky »

September 12, 2017, 11:12:43 AM
Reply #47

Ramjam

Should have tried to buy Llorente, he will get fuck all playing time at Spurs and would have been a nailed on starter here every week
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

September 12, 2017, 11:32:36 AM
Reply #48

Buck76

Or not Buying a BoatLoad of Bitcoins from the outset!!

September 12, 2017, 03:47:28 PM
Reply #49

Jamokachi

Should have tried to buy Llorente, he will get fuck all playing time at Spurs and would have been a nailed on starter here every week

Yes I'm sure no one ever thought of that.

September 12, 2017, 04:36:07 PM
Reply #50

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Only scored more than 13 league goals once in European football.

Would have been fine with a target man to play with; but the central striker was meant to help the rest of the team play.

Hernandez doesn't really do that.

Comes back to OP's question this I think.

Some people are thinking rightly or wrongly - we should have signed someone capable of getting 20 in the league.

Others are thinking - we should have signed someone we could build a system around.

Anyone who says chicharito is misunderstanding the situation and our current plight imo.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 12, 2017, 09:00:49 PM
Reply #51

Marky Mark and the funky

Comes back to OP's question this I think.

Some people are thinking rightly or wrongly - we should have signed someone capable of getting 20 in the league.

Others are thinking - we should have signed someone we could build a system around.

Anyone who says chicharito is misunderstanding the situation and our current plight imo.

Chicarito - not to be our main man instead of the currently non-existent target man, purely because he was a decent goalscorer going on the cheap and it would have done us no harm to add him to our current options!

Sure we'd still need the player we really wanted but doesn't Calvert-Lewin, Hernández, Ramírez and Rooney read better as a squad list than Calvert-Lewin, Ramírez and Rooney?

September 12, 2017, 09:27:10 PM
Reply #52

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Chicarito - not to be our main man instead of the currently non-existent target man, purely because he was a decent goalscorer going on the cheap and it would have done us no harm to add him to our current options!

Sure we'd still need the player we really wanted but doesn't Calvert-Lewin, Hernández, Ramírez and Rooney read better as a squad list than Calvert-Lewin, Ramírez and Rooney?

Yeah but it's almost not worth talking about - wouldn't almost any top level player improve the line up, especially as it is now.

Plus a notoriously fucking shite player who has a history of scoring *some* goals when it's on the plate for him, no I don't think he would particularly help at the minute.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 12, 2017, 10:15:18 PM
Reply #53

everton1952

What a brainless question. The answer is ......

September 12, 2017, 10:16:18 PM
Reply #54

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Also it's money that should be spent in the future plus, I'd imagine, pretty decent wages.

If we were restricted in terms of future budgets due to signing someone that doesn't fit the plans, it would be self defeating.

September 12, 2017, 10:21:17 PM
Reply #55

Lxxx

Just poor all round really. We spent about £70m on two players who play in the same position as well as paying Rooney top whack to play there as well, which in my opinion will stunt Davies' growth as I think he plays better a little further forward.
All the while leaving us nothing up top and threadbare at the back with two central defenders who are past it and no reserve left back.

No wins in the next two games and the Goodison boo boys will be out by the time Bournemouth come if we start that match slow as well.

September 13, 2017, 11:00:12 PM
Reply #56

BlueForYou

Morelos at Rangers may well be worth keeping an eye on

Watch his progress, could come on leaps and bounds

Bargain basement and U23
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 13, 2017, 11:04:48 PM
Reply #57

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Morelos at Rangers may well be worth keeping an eye on

Watch his progress, could come on leaps and bounds

Bargain basement and U23

Scottish football though...how can you ever use it as a reliable yardstick?

September 13, 2017, 11:17:10 PM
Reply #58

BlueForYou

You can't - but you can assess the player individually, no different from scouting non-leagues

That's what makes a good scout
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 13, 2017, 11:30:38 PM
Reply #59

SANA_DR0

not really, a striker or strikers are required for any football team. its a given.

a super model is something special....

if we had got Costa, that woulda been super model-esque, but fucking Deelany or any of the other shit strikers we where linked with.. are just standard players...  like marrying a standard girl.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 11:39:39 PM by SANA_DR0 »
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.